Author Topic: Anyone Graduating?  (Read 4351 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Anyone Graduating?
« on: May 14, 2010, 01:46 PM »
Just wondering if anyone else is graduating from any type of school this month, or next...

I just earmed my Master Degree in Science of Education!  Hooray!  It took 6 years part time, it was 54 credits and a ton of work.  But I'm done.  How about you?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone Graduating?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 11:11 PM »
Congratulations Mike, that's a great accomplishment!

I'm still plodding along in my Masters program.  I'm about 60% done and should be graduating this time 2012...  I'll try to find this thread again in a few years and update accordingly :P
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 12:50 AM »
Fortunately, no.  ;D  I graduated from Pharmacy in 2002.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 12:03 PM »
Fortunately, no.  ;D  I graduated from Pharmacy in 2002.

Hey, I'm graduated from Pharmacy School in 1994!

Anyway, congrats to all the 2010 graduates!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 12:03 PM by BrentS »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 03:03 PM »
I finished my Master's Degree in Space Operations Management from Embry-Riddle in December.  The graduation ceremony is next Saturday.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 12:27 AM »
My last day of High School is May 26. Graduation is June 11. It has been a long four years and I'm looking forward to being done.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 08:56 AM »
I finished my Master's Degree in Space Operations Management from Embry-Riddle in December.  The graduation ceremony is next Saturday.

What kind of career does that prep you for?  Mission Control seems a bit too obvious.  I'm guessing something like a project manager with an aerospace company.  But then "operations" at my last job was the utility/infrastructure folks.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 11:48 AM »
Congrats to all you newly and recently graduated!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 07:12 PM »

What kind of career does that prep you for?  Mission Control seems a bit too obvious.  I'm guessing something like a project manager with an aerospace company.  But then "operations" at my last job was the utility/infrastructure folks.

In the short term, it should help me get promoted to Major.  Post Air Force, it's a technical degree with a lot of Program Management in there as well so I should be able to find a good civilian job in the Space Field.  I had to take classes in Life Support, Space Operations, Remote Sensing, etc as well as management classes (liked the technical stuff better).
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2010, 09:50 PM »
Congrats to the new grads.

I'll finish my Masters in Military History (concentration to be determined) in a 3-3.5 years.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 07:24 AM »
Just wondering if anyone else is graduating from any type of school this month, or next...

I just earmed my Master Degree in Science of Education!  Hooray!  It took 6 years part time, it was 54 credits and a ton of work.  But I'm done.  How about you?

Uhhhh, my daughter is graduating from preschool.........
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2010, 12:59 PM »

Congrats speedermike, what are you looking to do with it someday?  I too am a teacher, high school english, and I have been debating going for the masters....

In other news my son, whom I do all of my collecting for (kinda  :P ), is graduating Kindergarten

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2011, 04:26 AM »
Just picked up my BA in Telecommunication Media Studies today yesterday. :D Finals ended on Wednesday and my ceremony was Friday (the ceremonies here are spread out through two days). Ironically my last semester was also my best semester, grade-wise, even though I had mad Senioritis and basically didn't give any effort.

So... anybody hiring?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2011, 03:24 PM »
Congrats and Condolences...

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 5, 2012, 04:06 PM »
I just finished up my thesis presentation this morning, so I'm officially graduating with a Masters in Quality and Regulatory Compliance from Purdue University!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!