Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 419775 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1350 on: July 21, 2005, 09:46 PM »
Not sure if you guys have seen it, but a list of characters was mistakenly placed on the Toy Biz website a while ago. Here are the figures on the list, and my take on where they may fall.

Ghost Rider Movie Figures: (no specific figures yet, I think Ghost Rider is just a place holder)
GHOST RIDER VARIANT
GHOST RIDER®
GHOST RIDER® ROAD BLAZER
GHOST RIDER™
GHOST RIDER®
GHOST RIDER® (VARIANT)
GHOSTRIDER

Fantastic Four CLassics:
Annihlus with Flying and Swooping Action
BETA RAY BILL THOR
SUPER SKULL
THANOS

Marvel Legends:
"MAESTRO" HULK
2009 "DAREDEVIL"
ASTONISHING X-MEN WOLVERINE
BISHOP
Blackheart
BLADE II
CAPTAIN MARVEL
CLASSIC CAPTAIN MARVEL (VARIANT)
CLASSIC FALCON (VARIANT)
CLASSIC GREEN GOBLIN™
FALCON
IRON FIST
Lady Death Strike
Loki
LONG SHOT
MANWOLF
POWERMAN
PSYLOCK
SASQUACH
The Blob
WEINDIGO

Marvel Select: (Just becuase i have no idea who this is and i dont think it should be a Legend)
X-23
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1351 on: July 22, 2005, 01:05 AM »
Neat list, lots on there I like and would buy.  The Ghost Rider movie figs do little for me personally. 

The FF classics look pretty cool, so long as they're well done.  The flying and swooping action description is a little disconcerting. 

The Legends list is loaded though :o relatively few I wouldn't buy.  I'm a little annoyed to see that the classic Falcon would be a variant :-\  I guess that holds true too for Captain Marvel. 

And hey, only one Wolverine figure in there, that's not so bad. :P

But, uh, where is the Kingpin? >:(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1352 on: July 22, 2005, 09:27 AM »

But, uh, where is the Kingpin? >:(

I hear that, that exactly sure what the deal is. They have to know we all want him?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1353 on: July 23, 2005, 12:50 AM »
Nice list, definitely.  Kingpin is a glaring omission from that list, though.  I also hope they don't cheap out and try to repaint Sasquatch white in order to pass that figure off as the Wendigo.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1354 on: July 23, 2005, 11:22 AM »
I also hope they don't cheap out and try to repaint Sasquatch white in order to pass that figure off as the Wendigo.

My guess is that is what they are probably going to do, have it as the variant

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1355 on: July 25, 2005, 12:52 AM »
Any off you guys into the Marvel Figure Factory stuff.  I just bought 4 mystery boxes and got Captain America, unmasked Human Torch, grey Hulk, and mohawk Storm.  They're comparable to bust ups but I wished they were priced at $2.99 instead of $5.99.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1356 on: July 27, 2005, 12:13 PM »
Not sure if i am believing it, but these are the latest rumor list for the next 2 waves. I dont think they are legit though.

ML 12
X-23
Astonishing X-Men Wolverine
Maestro Hulk
Sasquatch
Bishop
Iron Fist

Variants of Wolverine, Iron Fist, and Bishop

ML 13
Green Goblin
Abomination
Blackheart
Pryo
Loki
Lady Deathstrike

Variants of Loki, Green Goblin, and Abomination

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1357 on: July 27, 2005, 02:22 PM »
Hmm, those would be a bit disappointing.  Series 12 would substantially bite, imo.  Series 13 there is better but why BlackHeart?  And why Abomination?  Isn't he supposed to be coming out in the two packs (are those still coming? I do need an abomination). 

In other news, Mysterio has shown up in Canada in pretty big numbers, it's sort of odd actually.  He's just everywhere as of this week. 

One store has done something equally odd - they've put out two new cases.  One was series 9, the other was series 8.  Sadly no chase figures in either bunch (not that I want the ones from series 9 - again) but I could still go and buy Man-Thing (or is it swamp thing, I can't tell the difference :P) which I avoided last summer. 

Still waiting to see series 10 anywhere though, either side of the border.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1358 on: July 27, 2005, 02:32 PM »
I'm not overly crazy about those lineups either, but there are some figures (Loki, Iron Fist, Pyro, Lady Deathstrike) that I've seen quite a few people requesting over the years.  Although these aren't "confirmed", I was really hoping to see a Kingpin in the "villains" wave.  That, and I would think a Power Man should be in with Iron Fist in ML12.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1359 on: July 27, 2005, 02:46 PM »
Hmm, those would be a bit disappointing.  Series 12 would substantially bite, imo.  Series 13 there is better but why BlackHeart?  And why Abomination?  Isn't he supposed to be coming out in the two packs (are those still coming? I do need an abomination). 

Blackheart I can see because of the upcoming Ghost Rider movie. 

Ebay has a bunch of the Spidey / Abomination and Spidey / Absorbing Man two packs, so they should be hitting soon once Target resets their toy aisles.  I need both the villians, but could really do without the Spideys.  And do I risk it and not buy the Abomination one, hoping that that list is true?  Decisions, decisions.

And I really hope wave 12 isn't a build a figure set (or could it be Apocalypse that comes with this wave?).  There's a lot of crap there.  I have no need for X-23, another Wolvy, or another Hulk (albeit a substantially different one).  I'd only buy Iron Fist, Bigfoot and Bishop.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1360 on: July 27, 2005, 03:09 PM »
I'm not building the figure in wave 12 if it is Apocalypse, I'm happy with the "small" one. 

As for those two packs, I'll opt for the Abomination version and suffer another Spidey to get it.  Just being done the Abomination is well worth it, IMO.  Of course knowing ToyBiz, they'll update it and make it a better version if indeed it comes out in series 12. ::)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1361 on: July 27, 2005, 03:38 PM »
Blackheart has to be becuase of Ghost Rider. I dont get why Abomination. I already have the one from Hulk CLassics, no need for this one. I guess it woul dbe nice to get one that was the right size, but there really is no need.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1362 on: July 29, 2005, 09:20 AM »
Stopped off at TRU quick last night, and they had the "SuperHero Showdown" starter packs.  I kind of want to pick up the Spidey/Thing pack, but didn't really have the cash...maybe later.  That being said, while I really like the idea of 3 3/4" scale figures...the 2 packs were going for $15 each, or $7.50 a figure, which seems a bit steep.  That's more than a Legend costs at Wal-Mart, and about the same as Target or TRU.  I think if ToyBiz wants to do well in this market, they might have to go a little cheaper than that.  I guess that, as far as I know, they are exclusive to TRU at this point...maybe that has something to do with it.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1363 on: July 29, 2005, 12:19 PM »
It sounds like Target is also getting its own "Best Of" case, similar to Wal-Mart's.  It doesn't sound like any variants are showing (Dark Phoenix, Phasing Vision, etc.), but there are other harder to find figures included (Hawkeye, Vision, Phoenix, Deadpool, etc.).  These must be hitting, because I did see this group at our local Target a few days ago.  If I had the extra cash then, I might have been tempted to pick up Hawkeye, Vision, or Phoenix.  Anyways, if you are on the lookout for any of these, keep an eye on the ole red bullseye. :)

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1364 on: July 29, 2005, 01:23 PM »
I also saw the "Best of Marvel Legend" Series at two Targets. But its wierd how the box is labeled a Walmart Exclusive. Maybe Target bought it from Walmart or they shipped it to the wrong retailer  ::)

The case assortments were:
Deadpool x 2
Phoneix x 2
Juggernaut x 1
Hawkeye x 2
Vision x 2
Ghost Rider x 1
Wolverine (Brown) x 2