Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 414148 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1485 on: September 27, 2005, 09:30 AM »
Well, some interesting Marvel Legends news this morning.  Apparently, Toy Biz is asking for our help in voting for the "Best Cover" and "Best Fight Scenes" in Marvel history.  This is supposed to be in conjunction with a "new top secret Marve Legends product line" that they can't say anything about.  Could "famous covers" or "greatest battles" (2 packs?) lines be on the way?  Vote at the linky if interested.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1486 on: September 27, 2005, 09:31 PM »
A couple of days ago saw an entire endcap full of the Sentinel wave. No variants of course and no Cyclops. Went back today and all they had left was a bunch of Mystiques and 1 Angel.
I remember my dream now.

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1487 on: September 29, 2005, 01:15 AM »
I'm in Oregon right now on a business trip and the local Wal-Mart has tons of the new Legends wave (save for any chase pieces). I want them all, but can't decide if I want to carry them all home with me. It's all the more tempting because of the lack of sales tax here to pick them all up now and be done with it, and save a few bucks in the process.

I drive back up to Portland tomorrow night so I need to hurry and make up my mind. (Who am I kidding, I already know I'm grabbing a set on my way out of here tomorrow!)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1488 on: September 29, 2005, 08:19 AM »
I saw some of the Sentinal wave (no Angel or Mystique) at my local comic shop yesterday, priced from $10.99 to $12.99.  Didn't buy any, although I was tempted.  Really hoping I find these at WM, Target or TRU.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1489 on: September 30, 2005, 01:59 AM »
Found about five cases of ML10 at my local WM. It's their exclusive case pack:
3 Black Panther, 2 of everyone else in a fifteen figure case. I picked up Omega Red, Mystique, and Sinister, since they're the ones I had to have. I'll get Cyke and Angel next, and if Spider-Man and Panther didn't have essential Sentinel parts, I'd pass on them.

No variants, unfortunately. I kinda want that X-Factor Cyke, but it won't bother me if I don't find it.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1490 on: September 30, 2005, 10:22 AM »
Found about five cases of ML10 at my local WM. It's their exclusive case pack:
3 Black Panther, 2 of everyone else in a fifteen figure case. I picked up Omega Red, Mystique, and Sinister, since they're the ones I had to have. I'll get Cyke and Angel next, and if Spider-Man and Panther didn't have essential Sentinel parts, I'd pass on them.

Glad to hear these are starting to show up in the midwest, I'll have to check out the Wal-Marts this weekend.  I'm pretty much caught up with Star Wars right now (unless Final 12 shows up here), and I'm really looking forward to Series 10 anyways, so its basically all I'm looking for at this point.  Our closest Wal-Mart is still buried in quite a bit of the Galactus wave, so it may be awhile.  I'm hoping these show up in the same amounts as Series 9.  I don't think anyone had any trouble finding those figures.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1491 on: September 30, 2005, 02:00 PM »
Just saw this post over at the TNI forums.  Its just art right now, but it looks similar to what we've seen before.  If true, it looks like the Fantastic Four "Classics" line that is coming up could include a couple of other villains (in addition to Super Skrull)...Kang and Dragon Man.

Edit: Looking at those pictures again, it looks like the one series might have a "regular" Johnny Storm, complete with "snap on" flame effects.  If done correctly, that could be kind of neat.  Anyways, just an observation.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 02:07 PM by mosnab »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1492 on: September 30, 2005, 08:11 PM »
I'm going to want that Kang badly.

Though I'm sure he'll be the regular TB shortpack at one per case while the rest of the series sits and kills the the line.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1493 on: September 30, 2005, 09:15 PM »
Very very awesome, i hope we get an Adam Warlock w/ Pip figure
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1494 on: September 30, 2005, 09:34 PM »
Call me a cynical bastard but I have no faith the second wave will ever see retail shelves.  All one needs to do is look at the uber failed X-Men Classics and Hulk Classics lines and the failed FF Movie figs to see that there really isn't much of a demand for these figures

What I do see happening is Super Skrull, Kang and and Dargon Man ending up in the Legends line eventually

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1495 on: October 1, 2005, 08:55 AM »
Well more good news, series 12 & 13 pics, plus 2 waves of SPider-Man classics as well. Series 13 comes with pack-in henchmen figures and there is an all villian Spider-Man classics wave. Very awesome all the way around!

ML 12 & 13
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1496 on: October 1, 2005, 09:25 AM »
Spot before Kingpin?  That's ****** up.

Will pick and choose with these.  Don't want Maestro or X-23 from wave 12, but will probably pick up the rest.

I'll get all the villans except Green Goblin (happy with the one from the SS set).

Not down with the SMC repaints (Beetle, Demogoblin, Punisher or Venom).  Definitely grabbing regular Hobgoblin and Chameleon and possibly Spot and Spider-Hulk.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1497 on: October 2, 2005, 12:57 PM »
Found Angel yesterday, so all I need now is Sinister.

I'm pretty sure the only figure from 12 I'm getting is Iron Fist

I'm passing on Blackheart and Lady Deathstrike and I'll pick up the rest

Great idea to pack in the henchmen from AIM and the like with the bad guys

ML12: Apocalypse Series
-X-23
-Sasquatch
-Maestro Hulk
-Iron Fist
-Red Iron Fist [Variant]
-Bishop
-Moder Bishop [Variant]
-Astonishing X-Men Wolverine
-Astonishing X-Men Woverine Unmasked [Variant]
BAF Apocalypse

ML13: Bring on the Bad Guys
-Abomination with Skrull Soilder
-BlackHeart with Brood
-Green Goblin with A.I.M. Trooper
-Green Goblin Unmasked with A.I.M. Trooper [Variant]
-Lady Death Strike with Hand Ninja
-Loki with Hydra Minion
-Crown of Lies Loki with Hydra minion [Variant]
-Crimson Dynamo with Dr. Doom's Servo-Guard
-Pyro with Hellfire Club Guard

Spider-Man Classic series 16
-Spider-Tracer Spider-Man
-Venom
-Shark Trap Spider-Man
-Spider Strength Spider-Man
-Man-Wolf

Spider-Man Classics Series 17
-Web Splash Spider-Man
-Spider Spinner Spider-Man
-Hobgoblin
-Spider-Hulk
-Hydro Man

Spider-Man Villains Series 2
-Super Poseable DemoGoblin
-Venom Marvel Knights Version
-Kraven
-Punisher [blue repaint]
-Buzzing Beetle [blue silver repaint]
-Chameleon
-The Spot

Fantastic Four Classic Series 1
-Human Torch with Impossible Man
-The Thing [ultimate costume]
-Mr. Fantastic [ultimate costume]
-Super Skrull

Fantastic Four Classic series 2
-Transforming Human Torch
-Mr Fantastic
-Dragon Man
-Invisible Woman
-Kang

X3 Series 1
-Stealth Wolverine
-Ninja Wolverine
-Ruby Quartz Armor Cyclops
-Nightcrawler
-Electro Magentic Magneto
-Covert Op's Beast

X3 Series 2
-Stealth Cyclops
-Tech Gear Beast
-Air Strike Wolverine
-Juggernaut
-Angel

Fantastic Four Movie series 5
-Power Punch Thing
-Doombot
-Fire Blast Human Torch
-Super Strech Mr. Fantastic
-Electro Surge Dr. Doom

Fantastic Four Movie series 6
-Extreme Human Torch
-Mr Fantastic
-Annihilus
-Combo Punch Thing

Young Avengers Gift Pack
-Iron Lad
-Hulkling
-Asguardian
-Patriot

Marvel Monsters Box set
-Dracula
-Werewolf by Night
-Frankenstien
-unconfirmed 4th character

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1498 on: October 2, 2005, 03:47 PM »
Got a chance to see ML 11 this weekend as well as the Sentinel series.  I'm waiting on the Sentinel series to show up at WalMart before I plunk down my hardearned.

The Legendary Riders are OKAY.  Not great per say, but OKAY.  Wonder Man and Hulkbuster Iron Man are probably among the best of the bunch.  I didn't particularly care for first appearance Thing...he doesn't look lumpy enough.  I have no interest in Vengeance at all.  I didn't see Ultron, but the pictures don't look good.  And as for the Days of Future Past Wolverine?  I still think it sucks.  Especially since I was able to see the Marvel Legends one in person and was then able to see the Marvel Select version a few minutes later.  Do yourselves a favor and leave this Wolverine on the pegs and buy the Marvel Select one.  It's much better.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1499 on: October 2, 2005, 10:54 PM »
I did see that the Marvel Legends 10 showed up at all three Walmarts I visited this weekend in MN/ND.  Didn't find any variants but at least got a close up look at the red Angel and I'm pleased with the blue version, don't need the second.  That said, I would have been happy with the red had it been the one I found first. 

The really bright spot is that the Super Walmart in Fargo had the Fearsome Foes box set out.  So rather than begging someone to ship one to me, I put out the $32.99 and picked one up. 

I do like the Rhino very much.  It's a true "classic" figure, very much old comic book style.  SO that means I'll be parting with my Ultimate Rhino. 

Carnage is, um, well, I dunno.  It's a different paint scheme, but even side by side they're not dramatically different.  I may sell off the box set version as it may draw a buck or two more. 

Spidey is awfully similar to the recent ML 10 version.  Sadly I've already misplaced the ML version so I can't do a direct comparison.  It's another spidey as far as I'm concerned.  It's not a bad one, not a great one, just another one. 

Mr. Toomes is priceless.  I think it could have been done better and I'd have loved to have them have a swappable head with a younger version, but it's pretty cool nonetheless.  The wings are considerably smaller than I expected, but realistic.  They're in two pieces, one piece attached to the upper arm, one piece attached to the lower arm.  I don't know if that's terribly comic book accurate, but it will eliminate sagging.  I like the figure and it's the real reason to buy the box set in the first place (curse you, TB). 

The Lizard is what it should have been in the first place - articulated.  It looks pretty decent, though not dramatically improved over the original.  But certainly enough reason to unload the older, nearly non-articulated version (that I bought in a two pack, with a spiderman I didn't want ::)). 

Overall a very nice set.  Rhino great, especially for us oldsters.  Carnage is a take it or leave it; great bonus if you didn't have one previously.  Spidey, meh, give it to your kid.  Vulture - sweet, that simple, but you have to like the classic (pre-90s) look.  Lizard is a fine improvement.  I'm happy to have this one. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.