Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 426666 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1725 on: February 8, 2006, 10:07 AM »
Is anyone seeing those Spiderman Classic two packs with the Abomination or Absorbing Man?  I managed to get Absorbing Man the first time around, but not the other.  Any thoughts on which of the versions, Spiderman Classics or ML that is better for Abomination?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1726 on: February 8, 2006, 12:02 PM »
Thanks for the pics Scott.  Those all look pretty good.  I was originally just planning to get the Kingpin/Daredevil pack, but now I'm tempted on the others as well.  I'll definitely get the Kingpin/DD one, mainly for Kingpin (finally!), but I don't have a Daredevil at all yet and I've been thinking about getting one, so this will take care of that.  I originally wasn't planning on the Hulk/Leader pack, but I've kind of wanted to get a Hulk as well, and if these are priced decent, I just as well get another "baddie" too.  Not sure on the Cap/Red Skull pack.  The Cap looks pretty great, so it is tempting as well.  We'll have to see when they hit, and how much they cost.  I'm just happy we're finally getting a Kingpin.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1727 on: February 8, 2006, 12:50 PM »
Is anyone seeing those Spiderman Classic two packs with the Abomination or Absorbing Man?  I managed to get Absorbing Man the first time around, but not the other.  Any thoughts on which of the versions, Spiderman Classics or ML that is better for Abomination?

Haven't seen them, and doubt I ever will. Weren't they supposed to be out in August of last year?
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1728 on: February 8, 2006, 02:23 PM »
Yeah Ben, they were supposed to be out then, but we never saw them here and I was in the States in a bunch of different locations and never saw them either.  We had the Venom/spidey, Lizard/spidey and one or two other two packs though.  I was presuming the others would show later, at least down south.  I'm wondering if maybe they're just starting to trickle out now. 

I suppose it doesn't really matter as I can get the ML version of Abomination anyway when it comes out.  I suppose my luck held in getting the otherwise unavailable Absorbing Man.  I still remember the Hulk comic with Absorbing Man and Crusher Creel fondly.   :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1729 on: February 9, 2006, 09:38 PM »

Stole the image from the spawn board and it's linked to someone's photobucket account.  If anyone here can save it elsewhere, it might last longer. 

Not sure how legit it is, but it looks about right. 

I wasn't planning on getting them all, but I'll get what I need to do the BAF Giant Man (that I'm loving in red, btw).  I'd originally planned on the following:

Captain Britain - not as keen as I once was
Kitty Pryde - liking it, Lockheed as a pack in is great
Havok - excellent
Ant Man - looks good to me
Warbird - tough call from the picture

Some reports of them being out already.  I suppose it could happen, but I'm taking it all with a grain of salt.  Being this is a Wally exclusive and our Wally's are exceptionally lame, I may need some help on this ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1730 on: February 9, 2006, 10:21 PM »
Triple post - spot the loon ::)

Just for ***** and giggles I sent an email to Amazon to see what they're response will be. 

I canned my order for Scarlet Witch.

My order for Wolverine/Iron Fist variants has an April shipping date - yeah right, like it's ever going to show up. 

My other order for two NHL10 variants (the regulars are now in stock) and the Bishop variant should be shipping, since everything is in stock or was. 

I can hardly wait >:(

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1731 on: February 9, 2006, 10:40 PM »
The only ones I want out of that series is Sentry, Havok, Warbird, and Kitty Pryde. I could leave the rest, but I'll get them to build the Giant Man.

I hope WM has ordered enough of these to satisfy demand.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1732 on: February 9, 2006, 11:00 PM »
Wow, thanks for posting that Brent.  Nice surprise tonight, right before ToyFair this weekend.  From what I've seen posted on the TNI forums, it sounds like these were indeed found (possibly in Kansas?) along with the Monsters box set and the "Face Off" 2 packs.  If these are going to be hitting here in the next month or so, I guess its time to start taking a look around.  Funny that no one else has seen them yet, but I guess someone has to be first.  We'll see.  The wave overall looks pretty nice to me, haven't decided yet what I want to pick up.

Kitty Pryde - Definitely, one of my favorite X-Men.
Havok - Likely pick this one up too.
Captain Britain - I'm on the fence, but leaning towards picking him up.
Sentry/Ms. Marvel - I'm tempted by both of these, although I don't know much about the characters outside of more recent comics.
Thor - I might get him, if the figure ends up being pretty nice.  I don't have any other versions, and kind of wanted to start picking up some of these "bigger" names that I missed out on earlier...like Hulk, DD, Thor, and Iron Man.
Ant-Man - I've actually been really curious about learning more about this character, I know little to none.  That said, the figure is a little tempting too.

Kitty Pryde and Havok are for sures, and a few other maybes in there as well.  The rest of the wave looks kind of nice too, if not just for the chance to build that Giant Man.  We'll have to see what the funds look like at the time.  If this is indeed Wal-Mart exclusive as we've heard, that sure is a heck of an exclusive for them it would seem.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1733 on: February 10, 2006, 12:06 AM »
I can't tell how similar that Thor is to the previous version, it's been a while since he was around.  I can tell you that Thor in the early incarnation is one of the best of the Marvel Legends they've done.  It's a beautiful figure and scaled appropriately IMO. 

I wasn't aware the face off packs were being found as well :o

This is the point where I start hating Canada.  I never know when or if we'll get stuff. :-\  If it's normal, we'll see the stuff months down the road and that gets really frustrating as many of these fall into the category of must have for me. 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1734 on: February 10, 2006, 09:56 AM »
Very cool indeed, love that Lockheed is included. The only thing, it seems that you need 10 figures to build Giant Man which means there may be 1 more unpictured figure in the assortment.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1735 on: February 10, 2006, 10:35 AM »
Very cool indeed, love that Lockheed is included. The only thing, it seems that you need 10 figures to build Giant Man which means there may be 1 more unpictured figure in the assortment.

10?  I'm not sure why that would be the case:

left leg
right leg
left arm
right arm
head/shoulders/upper torso
lower body

That's the usual routine.  I guess there could be another part or two to break it up more, but that doesn't make much sense really.  I'm hoping there's duplicate parts in the same way it happened for Omega Red and Mystique. 

Incidentally Steve from Legendsactionfigures.com also posted that picture over at snowtroopers.ca, lending a bit of credibility to it being the real deal.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 10:38 AM by Morgbug »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1736 on: February 10, 2006, 12:35 PM »
Over at Fwoosh Jesse said these (Wal mart, 2 Packs and Monster set) were shipped and put out by mistake, so don't waste time looking for them.  They haven't even begun full production runs yet

Anyway, they look great and I can't wait to get them

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1737 on: February 11, 2006, 10:09 PM »

1. left leg
2. right leg
3. left arm
4. left hand
5. right arm
6. right hand
7. head
8. upper torso
9. lower torso
10. shoulders

Is that 10 parts?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1738 on: February 12, 2006, 09:52 PM »
Lots of new Legends goodness but its hard to get anyone's pages to load.  Looks like Wave 15 is still safe and there is lots and lots of cool stuff coming out this year.  If Hasbro doesn't continue Legends or starts over, they sure are going out with a bang!

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1739 on: February 12, 2006, 10:12 PM »
I see Julius Marx has some pretty good Marvel/Toy Biz coverage up now:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/toyfair2006/toybiz.shtml

Nice to see that Hydro-Man comes with legs too and not just a water spout:
http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/toyfair2006/images/toybiz/toybiz95.jpg

Also nice to see a de-iced Bobby Drake (I'm a sucker for figures of the original 5 X-Men):
http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/toyfair2006/images/toybiz/toybiz78.jpg

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender