Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 420770 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1770 on: February 18, 2006, 04:54 PM »
Purple with the big head.  But I've seen lots of conversations that say the black is the less common of the two, at spawn and TNI. The black looks better. 

Guess I'll give credit to ToyBiz for putting the Apoc head in with her.  She's neither a Legend nor overly popular, but you have to buy her. ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1771 on: February 19, 2006, 09:13 AM »
The black one is in the variant case, so i am going with the black one. It does look better.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1772 on: February 19, 2006, 02:48 PM »
My buddy told me (after I posted of course) that when the cases started to hit Canada and reach the dealers, all of them had purple so as he put it "people in the know consider the black the variant." 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1773 on: February 19, 2006, 03:25 PM »
My buddy told me (after I posted of course) that when the cases started to hit Canada and reach the dealers, all of them had purple so as he put it "people in the know consider the black the variant." 

Tough call, the case I saw had one of each, black and purple.  Matters not really, it's a crappy figure.  I will say the smaller head on the black looks better.

I think most people are looking at it with a McFarlane mentality - the picture of the regular figure shows black, not purple.  But the picture also shows the variants of Bishop, Wolvie and Iron Fist.  It shows nothing for X-23 at all.  My guess is it's a running change.

Adding by edit: saw a bunch today at TRU, nada but black X-23 to be found. 
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 10:10 PM by Morgbug »

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1774 on: February 21, 2006, 01:37 AM »
Quick question: which X-23 is the variant, black or purple?

i dont think there is a variant in the X-23, it all depends what you like. Black looks better compared to the Purple with the big head.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1775 on: February 24, 2006, 01:01 PM »
Found Magneto and Beast from the X-Men line today. Magneto looked pretty lame, so I just bought Beast and Storm, whom I finally found.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1776 on: February 26, 2006, 12:09 AM »
I went to the NYC Comic-Con today and checked out the upcoming ML Legends in person, and may i say they look incredible. MODOK is just awesome, Onslaught is 8 inches and they all just look great. Abomination is a really nice size. The only one i still dont like is Thor Buster Iron Man.

They were also handing out surveys asking about the future of the line, asking about scale and what characters we would like to see. I assume its for Hasbro.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1777 on: February 27, 2006, 03:43 PM »
Does anyone need the variant Angel or Cyclops before I return them to the store?  I have two Cyc's actually (three including mine).  LMK by tomorrow.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1778 on: February 28, 2006, 10:36 PM »
Do you guys know if there's anyway to seperate the torso and upperbody from Apocalypse?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1779 on: February 28, 2006, 11:17 PM »
I was just fiddling with it and I'm going to go out on a limb here and say no, it's too much like the Large R2 :-\  Can't get the legs off that thing and can't separate Apocalypse either.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1780 on: March 1, 2006, 10:05 AM »
Do you guys know if there's anyway to seperate the torso and upperbody from Apocalypse?

It can be done, but it took me honestly a good hour and it was alot of effort. I found something thin enough to slide in between both of the joint and worked it that way. No damage was done to the upper body, but the torso was trashed.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1781 on: March 1, 2006, 04:52 PM »
The reason I'm asking is I broke Apocalypse's left leg at the ball joint while messing around.   :P

I actually got if off but it took a lot of work.  I was able to seperate the lower torso from the upper torso buy brute strength.  I placed my knee at his waist and just pulled up and hoped for the best.  Once that is off it exposes a hole.  I got the back of the hammer and put in the hole and started prying.  After a couple of tries it came out. 

Now all I have to do is find another torso and Apocalypse will be fully operational again.   ;D

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1782 on: March 1, 2006, 08:33 PM »

Tough call, the case I saw had one of each, black and purple.  Matters not really, it's a crappy figure.  I will say the smaller head on the black looks better.

I think most people are looking at it with a McFarlane mentality - the picture of the regular figure shows black, not purple.  But the picture also shows the variants of Bishop, Wolvie and Iron Fist.  It shows nothing for X-23 at all.  My guess is it's a running change.

Adding by edit: saw a bunch today at TRU, nada but black X-23 to be found. 

I opened 3 cases today.
2 cases had:
1 Reg 1 Var Bishop
1 Reg 1 Var Wolverine
1 Reg 1 Var Iron Fist
1 Black 1 Purple X23
1 Reg 1 Var Sasquatch
2 Maestro (sp?)
Other case had all regular figs (2 purple X23 figs)

Adam

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1783 on: March 7, 2006, 11:50 AM »
Just out of curiosity, is anyone seeing the X-Men and Fantastic Four (comic) lines showing up anywhere besides TRU?  Here, that's the only store that is carrying them, and the others don't even have the space for them.  It hasn't been a real big deal so far, but I could see once more of that X-Men line makes it out that it could be more of a problem finding things.  I was just curious if it was just our area, or if others are seeing it as well.  Its been a little slower on the Marvel front for awhile, hopefully the new waves of Legends and Spidey Classics will be making their way out soon, so I can add a couple of goblins to the shelf :).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1784 on: March 7, 2006, 01:08 PM »
Walmart and Zellers (kinda Target-ish) are both carrying the X-men figures up north.  No one is carrying the FF figures because there's still so many movie figures clogging the pegs ::)  Same thing as happened with the Hulk toys - poor sales, no follow up on later stuff.  I'll be down south in a little over two weeks so I'm hoping to stumble onto some FF figures. 

With respect to the X figures, the first wave that showed didn't come with Magneto or Beast, but now they're starting to roll in, sort of wave 1.5.