Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 413676 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1785 on: March 10, 2006, 10:58 AM »
This thread over at Fwoosh has some pics of the latest SMC wave, which has now been found in Hong Kong.  They should be here before too long hopefully.  The Hobgoblin continues to look great to me, and the Spider-Hulk, despite that lever/thing on his back, does look kind of neat too.  I'll definitely be picking up a Hobby if/when we see it, and maybe the Spidey Hulk too.  From the sounds of it, Hydroman was not in this assortment, but Sandman was.  More at the linky.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1786 on: March 12, 2006, 09:58 AM »
I can't wait for Spider-Hulk and Hobgoblin. No signs of Hydroman though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1787 on: March 16, 2006, 11:04 AM »
According to this thread over at the ADCTalk forums, it sounds like Wal-Mart is planning a decent promotion for the "WM Exclusive" wave of Legends that is coming up.  One of the posters over there (Glaken) provided this picture:

Apparently this was shown at that manager's meeting that took place in Kansas City a little while ago (when this wave and the 2 packs leaked).  According to the information in that thread, this is going to take the place of what would normally be the X3 promotion, since there isn't an official movie line.  Since this wave is exclusive to them, they're going to make a big push.  I hope this turns out to be true, and everyone can find what they are looking for.  More at the linky if interested.  Edit:  Oh, and the price on the 2 packs is supposed to be $14.76, not $4.76.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 11:05 AM by Brian »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1788 on: March 16, 2006, 02:07 PM »
Thanks for that Brian, looks interesting.  Still not aware of this coming to Canada at this point, so might be making a road trip for them. 

The comic shop I buy my DC figures at had a case of the Fantastic Four figures come in today.  Unfortunately one guy had already spoken for the Skrull figures, one of each in the case, so I was not able to get those.  I did part with cash to pick up the Human Torch figure just so I could get the Impossible man figure out of it.  The Torch isn't too bad either, but I didn't need another.

Also picked up my Scarlet Witch figure today....the reports were right, it's pretty ugly :-\
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 02:10 PM by Morgbug »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1789 on: March 16, 2006, 11:31 PM »
Pretty cool pick. Can't wait to get them all.

As for the FF figures, still no luck on those, but did pick up a Human Torch for Impossible Man as well from BBTS.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1790 on: March 21, 2006, 04:00 PM »
I see some rumors swirling on the Fwoosh forums that the Wal-Mart wave might be advertised in the April ads, meaning they could be put out towards the end of next week.  Just rumors at this point, and it could be much longer, but it might be time to keep our eyes open.  I'm not getting my hopes up, ours is still pretty full of ML10.  Speaking of which, our WM never did get wave 11 or 12 (at least not yet), did anyone else see that at their stores?  Target and TRU did see them, and still have a few, but WM has been stuck on a glut of ML 10 for awhile now it seems.

Looking forward to some more Legends/Classics stuff, hopefully things will start hitting in the next month or so.  Of course, with the pace that some of the Star Wars stuff has been coming out this year, I could probably stand to rest the wallet a little bit anyways.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1791 on: March 21, 2006, 11:45 PM »
I broke down and bought a Super Skrull from ebay. It cost me 20.00 but i figure i would never find one at retail.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1792 on: March 22, 2006, 03:32 AM »
Found some ML 11 variants tonight. I didn't think they really came out at all.

I put them on layaway, just in case I decide to buy them.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1793 on: March 22, 2006, 10:17 AM »
Huh.  Another weird distribution pattern. 

We've seen lots of series 11 and the later waves had them nicely packed with 2 of each figure including the Scarlet Witch.  I was really lucky too as I found probably the very first case put out in the city and it had the variants in it.

Series 12 too, first case I saw locally and boom, variants.  They sure seem to be pretty common as well.  I found them twice so far and left them behind once as they don't seem to be all that uncommon (though not yet as bad as series 10 was).  This series is actually peg warming around here now.  Maestro Hulk, Iron Fist and the big headed, clawed Barbie, er, X-23 are the worst of the bunch.

Hoping my visit to Illinois next week nets me a Skrull of some sort next week.  Normally I wouldn't want to rush getting one, but with Toybiz giving up on the Marvel license, they may not get reproduced in a subsequent box set with quite so much predictability.

BTW, anyone see any of the Hulk two packs ever?  I was still looking forward to them so I could get my Abomination, but I guess I'll just wait for ML13.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1794 on: March 28, 2006, 12:44 PM »
A new box set has been rumored on the message boards lately, and now their is a pic (possibly a mock up?) over at the Fwoosh Forums.  Its a "Marvel Team Ups" box set, and according to the pic contains:

Wolverine
Hulk
Spider-Man
Punisher
Iron Man
Beast

There's a pic at the linky.  I'd still like to get an Iron Man and Hulk (and Dr. Doom for that matter) that I missed with earlier series...but I think I'll wait for the 2 packs rather than pick up this box set.  Good for those who got into ML way late and missed some of these though I guess.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1795 on: March 29, 2006, 12:01 AM »
I've heard rumblings that the WM wave is supposed to be out this weekend, of course, this weekend also has April Fool's Day in it, so it may be an elaborate hoax.

I just want Sentry, his variant, Warbird, and Kitty Pryde to start off with. The rest can wait until later.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1796 on: March 29, 2006, 02:36 PM »
Looking at that box i am think that the figures are placeholders. I think it will turn out to be totally different. I hope anyway.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1797 on: March 31, 2006, 12:12 PM »
There's an unconfirmed report of the Walmart wave being out in Dallas.  No idea how truthful it is, it's one of those 'friend of a friend' things. 

Picked up another Ionic Wonderman today, so if anyone's in need, lmk.  I left behind the Scarlet Witch and the variant Logan

At the same time I finally snagged Toyfare #105 and the pictures of the Marvel Legends look great.  Seems like they've finally been able to get some decent sculpts for the female figures.  A lot of the other figures look pretty great as well, especially Falcon. 

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1798 on: March 31, 2006, 01:59 PM »

I left behind the Scarlet Witch 

I still need that ugly bitch.  Mind picking her up for me?
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1799 on: March 31, 2006, 02:29 PM »
No problem, I presume she'll be around when I go back.