Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 415160 times)

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1830 on: April 27, 2006, 07:18 AM »
(As we all know the Wolvie variant is going to be a beotwch to find.

I found one yesterday afternoon. I have found all the X-Men figures that I am looking for other than I need one more of the Burnt Wolverines. I have seen every piece in the collection except the Bearded Sentry.

By the looks of it the Face Off figures are coming 6 to a case, and you get 1 of each set up. Hulk with Bubble Head Leader, Hulk (Angrier looking) with elongated head Leader, Daredevil  with JD Hogg (Dukes of Hazzard reference) looking King Pin, Daredevil with out a mask with Abraham Lincoln Hogg (Boss Hogg's goodie goodie complete opposite Twin Brother) looking King Pin, Captain America with Red Skull and Captain America (Maskless) with Barron Zemo.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1831 on: April 27, 2006, 08:14 AM »

I have found all the X-Men figures that I am looking for other than I need one more of the Burnt Wolverines.

What are you doing with the Giantman pieces from AoA Sabretooth and the two AoA Wolverines?  If you want to get rid of them, I'd be interested in them.  Let me know.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1832 on: April 27, 2006, 10:48 AM »
No signs of the WM wave here yet, but our local WM did stock some of the Legendary Riders series after having no Legends for over a month.  On a side note, just looking at Target yesterday, and its crazy to me that the Marvel Legend Showdown figures actually cost more than the Marvel Legends figures now.  Sure, its less than a 50 cent difference, but it just seems like you get a lot more (and better quality) with the Legends figures - nothing against Showdown, but they should drop the game aspect and charge a couple of bucks less.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1833 on: April 27, 2006, 11:45 AM »

I have found all the X-Men figures that I am looking for other than I need one more of the Burnt Wolverines.

What are you doing with the Giantman pieces from AoA Sabretooth and the two AoA Wolverines?  If you want to get rid of them, I'd be interested in them.  Let me know.

I have a co-worker who's husband I have deal with already. If he doesn't want the extra Wolverine and Burnt Face wolverine pieces they are yours.

I am really stumped with the choices that Toy Biz is doing with the build a figure. They are putting figures from a line that make no sense...

Galactus - WHY Professor X & Nightcrawler
Sentinel - WHY Spider-Man & Black Panter
Apocalypse - WHY Maestro & Ironfirst
MOJO - WHY Luke Cage, Falcon, Baron Zemo, & Iron Man
GIANT MAN - WHY Kitty Pride, Captain Britian, Wolverine, Sabretooth & Havok

Wouldn't it make more sense for the Sentinel, Apocalypse & MOJO series to be an ALL X-Men series, and make GIANT MAN to be an ALL Avengers series, and make the Galactus Series a mix of FF and Avengers.

I like the Bring on the Bad Guys line, but not to build an Onslaught. Onlaught would be cool line to have done a Franklin Richards, a possesed Professor X, and other figures that had something to do with the story.

The previous rumor of a HOLOCAUST build a figure would be great to do an all AOA line of toys.

I will get off my soapbox now.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 11:56 AM by knashdx »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1834 on: April 27, 2006, 03:08 PM »
Walmart sucks.  Well, only because we aren't getting those figures up here. 

If anyone stumbles on an extra Cap/Zemo set, think of me ;) please. 

Are the Fantastic Four orange carded figures hitting to any degree?  I know we're not likely to see them, but I'm curious if it's time to head to ebay yet?  It seems early and I've not seen huge reports of them anywhere as yet. 

If anyone needs an ionic Wonderman, lmk, I have a spare. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1835 on: April 27, 2006, 10:30 PM »
I guess the FF Classics line is done. Only one case hit here (at TRU) and I got one of the Skrulls from it, but I haven't seen anything since. I think the FF animated series line takes over the SKU from the Classics line, so that one series must be it.

I never saw the Doombot and Annihilus from the movie line, come to think of it.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1836 on: April 27, 2006, 11:15 PM »
Isn't there one more wave (with Kang and someone else?)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1837 on: April 27, 2006, 11:34 PM »
Kang and Dragonman or something to that effect and yes, that's wave 2.

Surprised distribution is that lousy, I was hoping for a cheap Skrull.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1838 on: April 28, 2006, 12:02 AM »
Michael Crawford reviews the WM wave.

He says the variant Sentry comes with the same piece that the regular Sentry does, and you'll need the Wolvie variant to complete the Giant Man.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1839 on: April 28, 2006, 07:31 AM »
Michael Crawford reviews the WM wave.

He says the variant Sentry comes with the same piece that the regular Sentry does, and you'll need the Wolvie variant to complete the Giant Man.

After reading the Crawford review, I have to say he has some really good points about the figures, but I wasn't impressed with his review of Kitty. I think Kitty is by far the best female figure that ML has done.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1840 on: April 28, 2006, 09:09 AM »
Kang and Dragonman or something to that effect and yes, that's wave 2.

Surprised distribution is that lousy, I was hoping for a cheap Skrull.

Yeah i really hope series 2 make sit out becuase the Dragon Man figure looks awesome. Kang is cool too, but i realy want the Dragon Man. It would have been nice is Annhilus made its way out oo, but since i never saw a movie doombot, my guess is series 6 will never make it out.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1841 on: April 28, 2006, 11:01 AM »
I was curious about the F4 Classics as well.  TRU is the only place that carries them around here (as well as the X-Men line), and a little while back I saw a couple each of Thing, Torch, and Mr. Fantastic.  Now there has been the same 2 Mr. Fantastics and 1 Torch hanging on the pegs with the movie figures (earlier waves) since then.  I was curious if the 2nd wave was still planned to be coming, if it was cancelled, or if it was just a little later this spring/summer.  Definitely looking forward to the WM wave, hopefully it won't be too tough for everyone to find.  I'd definitely like to get Kitty Pryde, and hope to get a few others as well.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1842 on: April 28, 2006, 12:21 PM »
I know KB carried the first wave of the X-Men figures, but not the FF. They have not gotten any of X-men series 2 though either  :-[
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1843 on: April 28, 2006, 11:41 PM »
ML13 available at Toy Globe.

Damn, TB's moving fast this year.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1844 on: April 29, 2006, 09:29 AM »
Found two full sets (one for the bug) and left two full sets at one of the local Wally Worlds of the Giant Man figures

I also found a Hobgoblin so overall it was a good ML day.  Still want three of the 2 packs (Cap-Skull, Daredevil-Kingpin, Cap-Strucker) and that is about it

I really only want Loki, Pyro and Abomination from 13.  14 is sort of hit and miss as well but I'll take all of 15 just to get MODOK :-*