Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 414546 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1875 on: May 8, 2006, 04:25 PM »
Was talking to my comic shop guy and he won't be getting the two packs in for another month :-\  I'm hoping to pick up that Strucker as I'm not a fan of that version of Red Skull.  It's easy to pass on given I have the other version already. 

I'll also take the opportunity to state yet again how much Canadian retail sucks. 

We're not getting the Walmart wave up here (again, thank you Scott);

I don't know if we'll see those two packs - we saw tons of the Spiderman and Punisher/villain2/villain3 two packs, but didn't see the versions with the Abomination.  So no idea on the success of these, I guess it's predominantly up to TRU since Walmart sucks so very badly at the moment.

FF Classics are obviously not coming up here either.  Thankfully I found Impy at the comic shop, but the Skrulls were all spoken for. 

VTSC, to drift off topic, has yet to arrive in Canada anywhere at this point and the Geonosis/Coruscant waves have been rare to this point. 

Accursed universal health care...
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1876 on: May 9, 2006, 10:43 AM »
Collecting karma pays off!  A buddy of mine scored me the entire Giant Man wave minus Sabretooth (which I already have) and Thor,  and even got the Sentry variant.  Trading pays off!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1877 on: May 9, 2006, 11:28 AM »
I stopped back at WM this morning and picked up a little more, even though I shouldn't have probably ;).  I picked up Havok from the WM Series, the Hulk vs Leader Face Off Pack (never had a Hulk in the collection), and the Marvel Masterworks Spidey set just because I'm a fan of ol' webhead.  Things seem to have sold a little since yesterday, as far as the WM wave goes.  I think they still had at least 1 of each figure though, although I didn't have time to look too closely.  I'm tempted to pick up Sentry, Captain Britain, and Warbird, but we'll have to see.  The 2 packs seemed to be about the same as when I picked some stuff up yesterday, and I was half tempted to get the variant DD/Kingpin set just to have the "Matt Murdock" figure.  I think the Masterworks set I picked up was the first one they sold though, not too surprisingly.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1878 on: May 9, 2006, 01:00 PM »
I can't find the Walmart wave anywhere, not even a remnant to prove that they exist and aren't just a figment of my imagination.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1879 on: May 9, 2006, 01:11 PM »
Not sure if anyone is still looking for this, but Amazon has the Spidey Fearsome Foes box set on sale right now for $19.98.  Just thought I'd post in case anyone was still needing/wanting this.

Also, I was curious, with all this stuff starting to show up at Wal-Marts - what are you (or wanting to) picking up?  Are you getting the entire WM - Giant Man wave, are you picking up all the Face Off packs (with variants), are you grabbing either of the box sets or Masterworks sets?  I was just wondering what everyone is picking up in this big mass of toys.  Its been tough for me not to go crazy and get about one of everything, but budget keeps me in check a bit.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2006, 01:13 PM by Brian »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1880 on: May 9, 2006, 05:58 PM »
Well i went to Walmart only to find out they had everything.  :-[ I ended up picking up the Monsters box set and the Young Avengers eventhough i had no intentions doing so. Someone was nice enough to pick up the variant DD/Kingpin and variant Cap/Baron set for me, so that was awesome. Now all i need is the regular Hulk set and the regular DD set. No need for the others. Hoping my case of Walmart figures comes soon.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1881 on: May 9, 2006, 11:30 PM »
I'm just limiting myself to Havok, Kitty, Warbird, and Sentry from the WM wave. Considering I have yet to see any of them, that might be a longshot. If the rest hang around for a while, I might pick them up, but considering how fast I've heard all of them are disappering, I might not.

I'm skipping the boxed sets, and I might consider the two-packs. I'm for sure buying DD/Kingpin, though the others look mighty tempting.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1882 on: May 10, 2006, 02:19 PM »
I stopped by Wal-Mart on my way home for lunch this afternoon, just to check if they still had any of the wave in stock (Sentry in particular).  I did find and pick up the last Sentry, and it looks like these have sold through pretty quickly.  There were a few left - a couple Sabretooths, 3-4 Ant Man, 1 Thor, and 1 Warbird - that I could see.  For some reason, Ant Man really seems to be sitting the most of anyone in the wave so far.  I wonder if this will be a hit and gone wave, or if WM will continue to stock it?  The basic figures were pretty much gone, as I said, but they still had plenty of the box sets (looks like one sold), plenty of the Masterworks sets (I think the Spidey one I bought is the only one gone), and quite a bit of the Face Off 2 packs.  The regular Kingpin vs. Daredevil set is sold out, but the rest seem to be there.  I'm still tempted to get the variant DD set, just to have the "unmasked" Murdock, but I've spent way too much the last two weeks.  I don't have a Red Skull yet either, so the regular Cap set is tempting too - even though I'm not as big of a fan of that Red Skull look.  Anyways, has anyone heard if this wave is expected to restock?  Just curious.  I basically have what I want I guess, although Warbird and the other 2 packs are kind of tempting to pick up too.

Offline alexandertrooper

• Youngling
  • 501st for life
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1883 on: May 10, 2006, 07:45 PM »
I'm wondering where would I post my missing lest for Marvel legends?  I got into these really late so I'm looking to catch up and would love the help.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1884 on: May 11, 2006, 09:12 AM »
I'm wondering where would I post my missing lest for Marvel legends? I got into these really late so I'm looking to catch up and would love the help.

Here is a good spot and in the Classifies section. At least in here if you are missing something we can help you make sure the list is complete.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline alexandertrooper

• Youngling
  • 501st for life
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1885 on: May 11, 2006, 11:46 AM »
ok cool well heres my list:
Marvel Legends Missing List:

Series 1:

Captain America
Hulk (articulated fingers)
Hulk (Bendable rubber fingers)
Hulk (white shirt)
Iron man
Iron man (gold,case)
Iron man Stealth Armor (blue)
Toad

Series 2:

Dr. Doom (coming)
Dr. Doom (Doombot,case) (coming)
Human Torch (“4” logo)
Human Torch (no 4 logo)
Trenchcoat Thing

Series 3:

Daredevil (w/beard)
Ghost Rider (coming)
Magneto
Thor
Wolverine
Wolverine (unmasked,chase)

Series 4:

Elektra
Goliath (chase)
Punisher (black belt)
Punisher (white/grey belt)

Series 5:

Blade
Colossus
Mr. Fantastic
Nick Fury
Red Skull (chase)
Sabertooth
Silver Surfer(w/howared the Duck)
Silver Surfer(no duck)

Series 6:

Cable (brown,case)
Dark Phoenix (case)
Juggernaut
Punisher (movie version)
Wolverine (unmasked, chase)

Series 7:

Apocalypse
Ghost Rider (“phasing” case)
Goliath (chase)
Silver Centurion Iron Man
Vision (phasing , case)
Weapon X Wolverine

Series 8:

Black Widow
Black Widow (blonde case)
Captain America (classic , chase)
Man Thing
Storm
Storm (Mohawk, chase)
Ultimate Captain America

Series 9:

1st Appearance Hulk (green, chase)

Series 10:

Angel (blue, chase) (coming)
Cyclops (X-factor, chase) (coming)

Series 11:

Logan (blue jeans, chase)
Wonder Man (Ionic, Chase)

Series 12:

Astonishing X-men Wolverine (unmasked, chase)(coming)
Bishop (bold, chase)
Sasguatch (white, chase)
X-23 (black, chase)

Series 13:

All chase

Walmart set:

Need all

Box sets:

Fantastic Four
Fantastic Four (solid Invisible Woman, Human Torch)
Fantastic Four (transparent Invisible woman, translucent Human Torch)
Fearsome Foes Of Spider-man
Spider-man and the sinister six
Urban Legends
X-men

Any help would be great.  After I series 12 I've been hunting for these.  And so far bought alot but  I can't seem to find many more.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 01:13 PM by alexandertrooper »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1886 on: May 11, 2006, 12:20 PM »
Finally found these last night. I wasn't going to buy a full set, but I am now. I scored Sentry and his variant, Kitty, Warbird, Havok, and the Weapon X variant.

All my store got was the PDQ cases, which meant they have a ****load of Sentry, Captain Britain, and Weapon X, plus a few each of the variants, but they don't have very many Kitties, Warbirds, or Havoks. I got the last ones of those three.

No sign of the two-packs yet, but it's not like I can afford them right now anyway.

It seemed like the quality control on this wave was much higher than TB's usual. I didn't have to hunt for decent paintjobs, like I usually do.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline alexandertrooper

• Youngling
  • 501st for life
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1887 on: May 11, 2006, 04:08 PM »
I wish in canada we aren't getting that set unless are local collecters store brings them in.  I would love to get a full set plus chase figures for it.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1888 on: May 12, 2006, 02:17 AM »
Well, this morning I'll be picking up almost the entire Giant man wave as the result of a trade.  I'm curious to see which Giant Man parts each figure has.  I already got Sabretooth which comes with Giant Man's left foot.  I'm getting the entirety of the rest of the wave except for Thor.  Now from what I understand one of the variants has an essential piece of Giant Man.  Not sure if it's Sentry or Wolverine.  Guess I'll find that out later, and find out which piece has the duplicate Giant Man part.

Has anyone verified which figure comes with which BAF part?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1889 on: May 12, 2006, 06:43 AM »
ok cool well heres my list:
Marvel Legends Missing List:

Series 1:

Captain America
Hulk (articulated fingers)
Hulk (Bendable rubber fingers)
Hulk (white shirt)
Iron man
Iron man (gold,case)
Iron man Stealth Armor (blue)
Toad

Series 2:

Dr. Doom (coming)
Dr. Doom (Doombot,case) (coming)
Human Torch (“4” logo)
Human Torch (no 4 logo)
Trenchcoat Thing

Series 3:

Daredevil (w/beard)
Ghost Rider (coming)
Magneto
Thor
Wolverine
Wolverine (unmasked,chase)

Series 4:

Elektra
Goliath (chase)
Punisher (black belt)
Punisher (white/grey belt)

Series 5:

Blade
Colossus
Mr. Fantastic
Nick Fury
Red Skull (chase)
Sabertooth
Silver Surfer(w/howared the Duck)
Silver Surfer(no duck)

Series 6:

Cable (brown,case)
Dark Phoenix (case)
Juggernaut
Punisher (movie version)
Wolverine (unmasked, chase)

Series 7:

Apocalypse
Ghost Rider (“phasing” case)
Goliath (chase)
Silver Centurion Iron Man
Vision (phasing , case)
Weapon X Wolverine

Series 8:

Black Widow
Black Widow (blonde case)
Captain America (classic , chase)
Man Thing
Storm
Storm (Mohawk, chase)
Ultimate Captain America

Series 9:

1st Appearance Hulk (green, chase)

Series 10:

Angel (blue, chase) (coming)
Cyclops (X-factor, chase) (coming)

Series 11:

Hulk Buster Iron Man
Logan (blue jeans, chase)
Wonder Man (Ionic, Chase)
Ultron

Series 12:

Astonishing X-men Wolverine (unmasked, chase)
Bishop (bold, chase)
Sasguatch (white, chase)
X-23 (black, chase)

Series 13:

All chase

Walmart set:

Need all

Box sets:

Fantastic Four
Fantastic Four (solid Invisible Woman, Human Torch)
Fantastic Four (transparent Invisible woman, translucent Human Torch)
Fearsome Foes Of Spider-man
Spider-man and the sinister six
Urban Legends
X-men

Any help would be great. After I series 12 I've been hunting for these. And so far bought alot but I can't seem to find many more.

I have an extra Astonishing X-Men Wolverine Variant that I paid retail for. Shoot me and PM and we can work out the details.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!