Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 413970 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1965 on: June 28, 2006, 12:17 AM »
I was really, really lucky in finding a Skrull from the first assortment, so I hope that luck holds. I can do without Dragon Man if I don't find him, but I want that Kang.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1966 on: June 28, 2006, 11:51 PM »
Thanks Brian.

I'm very interested in Kang and Dragon Man, but I'm guessing it'll be ebay again for me.  These won't make it up here and I've not ever run into them in the U.S. when I've been down. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1967 on: July 1, 2006, 02:08 AM »

Offline ObiJuan

• Youngling
  • Yo
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1968 on: July 2, 2006, 09:07 PM »
I can't find any of the new Marvel Legends.  I want the variants, but they seem impossable to get.  I found some on e-bay from a guy that I buy from alot: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZkrypton_sonQQhtZ-1QQfrppZ50QQfsopZ1QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0? but  I don't want to pay for shipping, etc.  What do you guys think?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1969 on: July 3, 2006, 04:26 PM »
Anyways, just curious how tough the Surfer was to find, or if there is anywhere online where he could still be picked up.  Maybe ebay will be the best option.

Well, after watching some auctions for awhile, I was able to score a loose, complete Silver Surfer (with Howard) off of ebay - along with the complete BAF Galactus for $12.55 plus shipping.  It arrived today, and everything looks great.  I didn't think I'd have the opportunity to get Galactus, since I didn't want/couldn't afford that entire wave - but I figured for this price I could get Galactus and Surfer all in one shot.  Nice to add another BAF to the collection :).

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1970 on: July 3, 2006, 05:22 PM »
That's a great pickup Brian.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1971 on: July 4, 2006, 11:05 AM »
Nice Brian,
I tell ya, with toys ebay is the way.  I think even if you end up paying through the nose for something in particular, in the long run you end up saving money.  I buy so little at retail nowadays and wish I could buy even less. 

That said ::) I picked up the Green Goblin and Loki figures as they showed up finally on a local basis.  Left Pyro behind mostly because I wanted to be able to pick something else up when I get the Abomination figure.  This is a very well done Goblin figure and I'd like to get the chase as well, if possible. 

All those figures remain up at TRU.com as of last night.  No interest in the chase figures?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1972 on: July 6, 2006, 01:22 AM »
Grabbed a Pyro and an Abomination tonight, so this series is done for me. 

I guess I have two options here:

a) if anyone has Onslaught parts from Lady Deathstrike and Blackheart, I'd be interested in picking them up.

b) I guess I'd be willing to offload the four parts of Onslaught that I have if someone's interested in a trade.

As a side question, did anyone pick up the Abomination from the Hulk Classics series?  I'm curious how they compare?  Are they identical or do they vary in sculpt (doubtful) or paint apps?  I must say I'm quite pleased I opted to go for Absorbing Man at the time since Abomination turned out to be re-released. 

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1973 on: July 6, 2006, 07:45 AM »

As a side question, did anyone pick up the Abomination from the Hulk Classics series?  I'm curious how they compare?  Are they identical or do they vary in sculpt (doubtful) or paint apps?  I must say I'm quite pleased I opted to go for Absorbing Man at the time since Abomination turned out to be re-released. 

The HC Abomination is horribly underscaled.  I'm glad I held out and waited for the vastily superior wave 13 Abomination.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1974 on: July 6, 2006, 09:55 AM »
Saw a really weird colored Sentry this morning.  It wasn't like either the regular or variant Sentry I have.  Strange.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1975 on: July 6, 2006, 10:39 AM »
What color was it?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1976 on: July 6, 2006, 10:55 AM »
It was a really bright yellow and blue, not the tan uni.

Feedback

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1977 on: July 6, 2006, 11:00 AM »
It was a really bright yellow and blue, not the tan uni.

It's a running change.  The tan ones are no longer being made.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1978 on: July 6, 2006, 11:49 AM »
Glad I got the tan one.  This looks horrendous!!!

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1979 on: July 6, 2006, 07:19 PM »

The HC Abomination is horribly underscaled.  I'm glad I held out and waited for the vastily superior wave 13 Abomination.

Cool, makes my selection that much wiser.