Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 412861 times)

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2355 on: January 15, 2007, 03:40 PM »
It would be nice if they did a Juggernaught piece that stood taller than the rest of the figures. He is suppose to be bigger than them (rought same height as Sasquatch/Wendigo) and they didn't make him taller.

Juggernaut's height is "only" listed at 6'10" ... so he really shouldn't be that much bigger than some of the other taller MLs.  Juggernaut is over 3 feet shorter than Sasquatch's listed height of 10'0".  I think the height of the figure is fine.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 03:43 PM by Neal »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2356 on: January 15, 2007, 03:56 PM »
Rumored series 3 lineup has been posted on the TNI and Fwoosh forums, grain of salt and all that though:

Bucky
Captain America
Marvel Girl
Black Knight
Hydra Soldier
X3 Colossus
Cyclops (Astonishing)
Danger

Who knows if this is accurate or not.  Some of the X-stuff was rumored before, so we'll see.  Just thought I'd post as food for thought.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2357 on: January 15, 2007, 04:33 PM »
We;; if that new lineup is legit, i am much happier than with the previous rumor. I actually had decided to pass on the entire X-heavy wave and was just hoping for a BAF i didnt want. This sounds much better.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2358 on: January 15, 2007, 04:34 PM »
Oh hell yes, that is an awesome line-up.  I sure hope it is true!

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2359 on: January 15, 2007, 10:39 PM »
Rumored series 3 lineup has been posted on the TNI and Fwoosh forums, grain of salt and all that though:

Bucky
Captain America
Marvel Girl
Black Knight
Hydra Soldier
X3 Colossus
Cyclops (Astonishing)
Danger

Who knows if this is accurate or not.  Some of the X-stuff was rumored before, so we'll see.  Just thought I'd post as food for thought.

If this is the true line up the only one I want is Marvel Girl...pass completely on the rest.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2360 on: January 15, 2007, 11:30 PM »
Someone over at TNI posted picks of the scanning stickers.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2361 on: January 15, 2007, 11:35 PM »
And I probably buy everything in that wave except Colossus

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2362 on: January 16, 2007, 12:18 AM »
And I probably buy everything in that wave except Colossus

Ditto, unless it's an interesting enough BAF.  And unless they butcher some sculpts as well.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2363 on: January 16, 2007, 09:19 AM »
It looks like Hasbro has some pics up on their site of Spider-Man Classics Wave 1.  I don't know when these are coming out, or if they are 5" or 6" scale, but they have some pics available of the figures.  Also, this thread at the Fwoosh has some of the pics enlarged if anyone is interested.  Not really any characters we haven't seen before, but different versions of them.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2364 on: January 16, 2007, 10:00 AM »
Wow, the financial investment Hasbro is making in these figures is huge ::)  All the new sculpts, new characters - it's really amazing and I find it hard to contain myself.  Are we certain this isn't the braintrust of Mattel somehow trying to run Hasbro into the ground because honestly this is getting silly, to put it mildly. 

Yes, I understand the figures we discussed recently are fringe characters for the most part and will neither be made nor if they were would they sell spectacularly well.  Although I confess I still think an Aunt May figure packed at one per case would sell better than the 13th repaint of the Lizard.  Why?  Well, that Lizard figure isn't particularly well articulated or poseable and I already have two (or maybe three, who knows) one of which came from a box set shortly before it was released in another box set, or whatever.  Releasing it yet again?  Yes, some kiddies will no doubt want it.  Yes, I'm certain there are Lizard fanatics out there that want every version possible, but this is not something the average collector was clamoring for.  Oh, and I still have a spare movie Doc Ock if anyone is desperate for it. ::)

So what we get then is:

A re-released movie Ock.  Ok, not bad.
Kraven released for the third time (one regular release, one box release)
Lizard released in the 3rd or 4th paint scheme (regular, two pack and was he in a box set?)
Rhino, oh goody.  This would be the 4th release now?  (original, ultimate, box set)
A re-released movie Goblin.  Didn't we just get a re-release of the Goblin, or is this it?

Scale doesn't matter, I'm saving money right there.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2365 on: January 16, 2007, 10:07 AM »
These codes were posted over at Spawn for ML Series 3 Hasbro stuff:

Bucky: 65356925425
Captain America: 65356925424
Marvel Girl UPC 1: 65356925427
Marvel Girl UPC 2: 65356925806
Black Night: 65356925421
Hydra Soldier UPC 1: 65356925426
Hydra Soldier UPC 2: 65356925497
X3 Colossus: 65356925428
Cyclops: 65356925423
Danger: 65356925422
Quicksilver UPC 1: 65356925463
Quicksilver UPC 2: 65356920788
Jean Grey: 65356925464
Phoenix: 65356921975
Yellowjacket UPC 1: 65356925693
Yellowjacket UPC 2: 65356920785

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2366 on: January 16, 2007, 11:05 AM »
I wonder what sort of Yellowjacket variant they are coming up with (maybe the female version???)

Passing on all that Spidey crapola.  I have no idea why they have went to "comic accurate" sculpting of Legends and Classics.  I think its the #1 thing wrong with Emma Frost and is what a lot of Series 2 looked like as well (like the crap Wolverine in there)  The Kraven and Rhino look like **** and don't even come close looking to what previous releases have been.   I wonder if they are trying to extend the life of the line by making DC Direct "artist renditions".  The other side of the coin I guess is that it is another way to get new versions of the been there done that stuff out there for the masses.  Unfortunately, the masses aren't kids in this line methinks and most of us have all of that old stuff.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2367 on: January 16, 2007, 11:24 AM »
Yeah, I'll be interested to get more details on the new "Spidey Classics" line.  Right now - not interested.  The articulation doesn't look too great, looking at the larger shot of the new Kraven as an example, and like you guys have mentioned, we've gotten all these guys before.  I'm kind of wondering if these won't be the "new" 5" scale, and maybe that is one of the reasons why these are all characters we've seen before.  Not that we wouldn't see them anyways though, this is Hasbro.  If that line is going to make the switchover to that scale, and the figures look like that, I'm guessing I'm probably out.  I've got too much stuff as it is, and I don't think I can justify starting over with a new scale/line.  We'll see what the details are I guess, but right now things don't look too spiffy.  There are only a handful of Spidey villains I'd really like at this point, and even some of those probably aren't very realistic.  Plus the chances of seeing comic MJ, JJJ, Gwen, Robbie, Peter Parker, etc.  I'm real curious to see where the scale thing goes from here.  It sometimes looks/sounds like only Marvel Legends will continue in the 6" scale, with the Spidey movie line sometimes being rumored to be a mix of both.  We'll see I guess.  I don't know what is prompting the switch to 5".  If they are following Mattel's movie lines as an example, that probably isn't the best idea judging by all the Superman Returns stuff being clearanced out.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2368 on: January 16, 2007, 12:15 PM »
A 5" switchover will be the end of the line for me too.  Won't be any discussion involved in it really, it will just be done.  And I'd be ok with that.  There'll always be holes with characters not made, but I'll just pretend that 4th Thing is Tombstone ;)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2369 on: January 16, 2007, 12:16 PM »
I'd say they are doing based on raw material costs