Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 412871 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2550 on: March 16, 2007, 12:01 PM »
I have to admit, despite the scale change and all the other issues, I'm somewhat excited for some of the movie stuff.  I know I'm likely in the vast minority here with that, and still like the Legends/6" stuff more, but I hope to pick up a few things.  Spidey has been 2nd only to Star Wars with me since childhood, and that continues today.  I've really enjoyed the movie series so far, and can't wait for the third, so its kind of a dream to see well-made Spidey movies on the big screen.  I'll probably try to head out next weekend and grab a few things, at least the most "normal", non-action gimmicky figures.

That said, if this rumored Spidey BAF series does end up being 6" movie figures too, I'll get those too I'm sure.  Its a disease, it really is.  I'm kind of hoping that rumored wave is at least somewhat comic-based though, since a Mary Jane was part of the list.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2551 on: March 16, 2007, 10:46 PM »
Have you guys seen the 5" scale in person?  The figures certainly do look good, but I'm not buying a single one, even if it means skipping all the S3 toys.  It's not as though I don't have as much stuff.  Walmart up here has had lots of S3 toys out though and even some POTC3 stuff as well. 

Brent do you want me to get them for you as well and I can see if Jeff will add them to the other stuff he is baby sitting for you?

No, I think I'll just pass on these.  I do appreciate the offer though, thanks.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2552 on: March 18, 2007, 02:45 PM »
I went to Walmart, Target, and TRU today and didnt find anything i wanted so i ended up buying the silver Wolverine.  ::) I really had no intention of buying it but i was so frustrated not finding anything i needed to buy something.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline pakledjim

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2553 on: March 18, 2007, 06:36 PM »
I've seen the Spider-Man movie figures in person, I can't quite figure out why Venom is purple.

jiM
traded with:darthmaul94, Big Mac, Captain J Sparrow, starwax137,

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2554 on: March 19, 2007, 12:25 AM »
I went to Walmart, Target, and TRU today and didnt find anything i wanted so i ended up buying the silver Wolverine.  ::) I really had no intention of buying it but i was so frustrated not finding anything i needed to buy something.
I think you need help :P

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2555 on: March 19, 2007, 08:24 AM »
I think you need help :P

I think your right  ;D

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2556 on: March 20, 2007, 10:26 AM »
Fwooshnet forum poster Ash Talon posted some information he has learned about the rumored Spider-Man and Fantastic 4 BAF waves, which are supposed to be coming this summer.  You can see his post HERE, towards the bottom of page 15.  Basically, from what he says, the Spidey wave will be all movie-based and he says the BAF should be "obvious if you watched the 7 minute preview".  I won't mention it here in case anyone skipped it due to spoilers.  The Fantastic Four wave will be comic based, with many of the figures based on the Icons molds (Doom, Torch, and Surfer in particular).  The Thing is also supposed to be based on a previous Toy Biz Icons mold, which got bumped for some reason.  He says Namor is the green trunks version, but he did mention that costume choices might surprise some people (for the F4 figures).

We'll see if this all holds true, and I really hope we get some confirmation/pics of this sometime soon.  If Doom (as well as Torch and Surfer) are based on the Icons molds, that's good news to me.  I'd likely pick up the entire wave to get a real nice looking Fantastic Four, as well as Doom/Surfer/Namor (and hopefully Mole Man).  I'm wondering if that Spidey movie wave might be a mix of repacks with some minor tweaking (GG, Doc Ock, Spidey/Black Spidey, MJ), and some new 6" sculpts (Sandman, New Goblin, Venom) with the BAF pieces being the incentive for picking up the repacks.  I know I'll probably end up buying the whole wave, since I'm a Spidey sucker - and Hasbro needs more of my money.  I know many will be upset if there are repacks in this line, but I guess it does make sense from Hasbro's viewpoint.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2557 on: March 20, 2007, 11:52 AM »
I wish he would have confirmed what the BAF for the FF wave was. I am hoping for more cosmic characters so Ronan would be a good start. The new Namor is good news and here's hoping for Moleman.

As for the Spidey wave, I am not too sure how well the BAF will be done. I was hoping for a comic version of MJ, but i guess thats not happening.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2558 on: March 21, 2007, 11:27 AM »

I don't know if this is old news or not as I don't collect this stuff, but I had an email from Hasbro this morning about the new toys debuting this weekend.

Hasbrotoyshop has a bunch of pics of all the new stuff, but nothing is "in stock" of course.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2559 on: March 21, 2007, 11:34 AM »
My guess is those are the 5 inch figures. I am waiting on the Marvel Legends Spider-Man and FF wave. I can't wait for pictures of those. The rumors sound pretty good, I still can't see a BAF Sandman working out though.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2560 on: March 21, 2007, 04:13 PM »
I noticed our local TRU has/had the Silver Wolverine figures.  They may have had the Emma Frost as well, but they were stocking/stacking things above with a ladder, so I couldn't get closer to see.  I didn't pick it up, but I was half tempted to, just as a novelty sort of thing.  Hopefully Hasbro doesn't go too crazy with these type of figures though.

I got that e-mail above as well regarding the Spidey 3 stuff, and those are indeed the 5" figures.  I picked up some of the "classics" figures (or what was previously known as classics) the other day - the movie Goblin, movie Ock, and Lizard - and I hope/plan to pick up the SM3 movie figures this weekend.  I know I'll get the 6" versions if that BAF wave turns out as well, but I guess I'm just a sucker for Spidey.  I will say after opening them up, these figures aren't too bad.  Sure, they are smaller, and there isn't quite as much articulation - but overall as toys, they aren't too bad.  The sculpts are still pretty good, and the articulation isn't bad either.  To be honest, as I try to rearrange/make room in the office/collection room, I wouldn't have minded the Legends line being a bit smaller from the beginning.  It sure would have helped with space issues :).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2561 on: March 22, 2007, 01:02 AM »
Saw a pile of those new spidey figs in person today as TRU had a huge display up front.

Five inch figures are an easy pass for me.  They'll sell well, no doubt, but I've no interest in changing scales and I'm guessing they'll lose a big chunk of the collector market with these.  They look nice packaged, but they're too small and looking closely the articulation seems to mostly suck.  Nice variety of stuff though. 

They also have the Galactic Hero-ish stuff, 8 different combinations, so if you're into that you're probably in heaven shortly.

Also saw the Spider-Spud ::)  Yep, Darth Tater mutated into something red and hideous. 

Oh, and those huge sellers, the bump'n'go cycles are back for another round ::) >:(

Thankfully spiderman doesn't have large feet, lest we'd be seeing spider stompers or whatever annoying name they'd give the most hideous toy ever invented.

With the change in scale, Spiderman movie toys have entered the same crowd hogging, over-bloated status as Superman, Fantastic Four, Hulk and Ghost Rider toys - a waste of space in the toy aisles for collectors.  IMNSHO.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2562 on: March 22, 2007, 01:35 AM »
I can't figure out what Hasbro was thinking when they went to a 1" smaller scale with the SM3 figures.  They're just smaller enough (grammar? pshaw.) to look ridiculous displayed next to every other 6" figure.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2563 on: March 22, 2007, 10:01 AM »
MarvelousNews has a whole mess of pictures up of Series 2/The Blob wave of HML.  Click the linky if interested.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2564 on: March 22, 2007, 10:06 AM »
I can't figure out what Hasbro was thinking when they went to a 1" smaller scale with the SM3 figures.  They're just smaller enough (grammar? pshaw.) to look ridiculous displayed next to every other 6" figure.

My guess is that they are hoping for collector's to double dip. Some will buy these in addition to the ones that will be included in the ML wave.