Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 410891 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2655 on: April 27, 2007, 01:39 PM »
There are more characters i would like, but if the switch were to happen then i am done. I wouldnt be overly upset about it. It would save me money and space.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2656 on: April 27, 2007, 02:29 PM »
I agree with what many other have been saying here.  As much as I like the Marvel lines, and would likely continue to buy some here and there if the 6" scale continued, there is a part of me that would probably be a little relieved when they say its done.  Not that I don't like them, or that I HAVE to buy them, but if I didn't have the option that would save me some money as well :).  It seems strange and/or stupid to say it, but I have to admit part of me would feel relief if things were wrapping up (or starting over in another style or scale).

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2657 on: April 27, 2007, 10:45 PM »
I hope the Hasbro people are reading this board.  Essentially, people are willing to keep shelling out $ for 6 inch figs that they aren't even that excited about, but moving to 5" would give most ML collectors an excuse to quit buying anything Marvel.  Hmmnn..wonder what they should do.

I got my Avengers in the mail tonight and I have to say I'm much more impressed with W2.  She-Hulk is great - nice job of making her a little bigger than the normal figs.  Lord Thor is solid, and quicksilver looks good, but a little animated.  I was least impressed with yellowjacket - his head just seems goofy to me, but not a bad figure overall.  I'll keep buying ML if they continue to put out stuff like this.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2658 on: May 1, 2007, 09:40 AM »
According to this thread over at Fwoosh, it sounds like there might be a Marvel Legends SDCC exclusive figures this year - Stan Lee in Spidey costume.  If this turns out to be true, its kind of cool.  It sounds like it is 6" scale as well (likely using a previous Spidey body from the looks of it).  I wouldn't mind getting a hold of one, if it isn't too difficult/expensive.  Some info and pics at the linky.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2659 on: May 1, 2007, 12:27 PM »
It looks like Hasbro is going to continue on with the 3 3/4" scale Titanium figures, at least in the Marvel Universe.  MarvelousNews has pics of Cap, Iron Man, and Juggernaut as well as Colossus, Punisher, and Thor.  The packaging is a little different now, as it appears the plastic "shell" might be gone - which might also lead to the pricepoint for these being $9.99 at Hasbro.com.  I wonder if the Star Wars ones would have sold better at that price.  I never bought any myself (well, I have the "regular" Spider-Man one from the Marvel line), because the price was just too steep.  Anyways, I thought I would pass it along for anyone who might be interested in these.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2660 on: May 1, 2007, 01:45 PM »
Ok that is one of the coolest exclusives i have yet to see for Marvel figures. Ok, where do i put my name down to beg for one of those from you kind individuals who are going. I love that it can also be a Peter Parker figure! Great figure.  ;D

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2661 on: May 1, 2007, 09:39 PM »
Does anyone have an extra black spider-woman?  it is the one variant that I really still want from the end of the TB line.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2662 on: May 4, 2007, 05:20 PM »
Does anyone have an extra black spider-woman?  it is the one variant that I really still want from the end of the TB line.

PM sent
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2663 on: May 7, 2007, 12:15 PM »
A picture has shown up at Wizard's Store of an upcoming assortment of the Spidey (5") line, showing Black Cat and Shocker.  Too bad the scale is smaller, I missed the earlier box set version of Black Cat, and it would be nice to have one.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2664 on: May 7, 2007, 12:26 PM »
Well fortunately I have one from the box, which ended up being well worth it between Black Cat, Electro and a pretty nice Goblin.  The picture in the link shows they are doing pretty nice stuff, just at the wrong scale, so I won't be opting in on any of it.   :)

Clear, diaper-clad Emma Frost and silver Wolverine are sitting at our TRUs right now.  I'm guessing Hasbro underestimated the intelligence of the ML buyers.  Presumably they were thinking they are all star wars collectors and will buy anything with silver spray paint so long as the logo is correct.  Whoops.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2665 on: May 7, 2007, 12:29 PM »
I am not buying into another scale so these don't interest me. I wish they would show the rumored FF and Spider 6 inch waves.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2666 on: May 7, 2007, 12:31 PM »
Clear, diaper-clad Emma Frost and silver Wolverine are sitting at our TRUs right now.  I'm guessing Hasbro underestimated the intelligence of the ML buyers.  Presumably they were thinking they are all star wars collectors and will buy anything with silver spray paint so long as the logo is correct.  Whoops.

Our TRU is the same way, really with Marvel Legends in general.  There are plenty of silver Wolverines, quite a few of the Emma variants, lots of HML1 have been stocked full, and there's still plenty of older ToyBiz stuff in the pegs there too.  I don't really look closely at which figures are there each time, but they don't seem to change any.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2667 on: May 15, 2007, 10:14 AM »
Ghost RIder Select coming soon:

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2668 on: May 15, 2007, 11:42 AM »
I am waiting for my Brood / Skrull set, which one is out first.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2669 on: May 15, 2007, 02:36 PM »
I saw via the Fwooshnet forums that CornerStoreComics is having a big Marvel clearance sale, with a lot of past Legends and other stuff on clearance.  I've personally never ordered from them, so I don't know much about them, but I thought I would pass it along in case anyone is interested.