Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 414377 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2715 on: June 4, 2007, 11:41 AM »
Yeah, the only Surfer I saw in town at all was the one I picked up.  I have to say, after opening it, its a pretty neat figure (even if it is 5").

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2716 on: June 4, 2007, 07:22 PM »
I picked up a 5" Sue Storm today and the sculpting is pretty decent.  Not very happy about the size though - that 5" scale just doesn't look right to me.  Haven't decided if I'm going to keep her yet or not.  I thought she might be a cool small-size marvel legends custom, but I can't think of any smaller characters I'd like to have, other than wasp, which I already have 3 versions of. Meh.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2717 on: June 4, 2007, 09:06 PM »
Apparently Rebelscum's other site has seen the upcoming Spider-man BAF wave...

Sounds like a pile of **** to me.  Movie Mary Jane, extra short "Mole Man" Doc Ock and a bunch of rehashes and movie figures.  BAF Sandman sounds kind of cool but not worth buying all the other figures.  Here's hoping the FF wave is a bit better.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2718 on: June 4, 2007, 09:45 PM »
That ML Spiderman BAF actually looks appealing to me, since I was tempted to pick up a movie line Venom and Symbiote Suit Spidey, but not at 5' scale. At 6' scale I'll definitely pick up one or two.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2719 on: June 4, 2007, 11:10 PM »
Not really too interested in this wave. I think i may just get the BAF on ebay.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2720 on: June 5, 2007, 12:49 AM »
I'll be waiting to see them.  I wanted movie versions to go with the other movie versions from the previous two in the series but refuse to buy the 6" scale.  I'll stay true to my word though: I said there were a number of movie figures I liked and would have bought (5-8 I believe) had they been in 'correct' scale, so we'll see what this brings.  If I get close enough, I may finish it out for the BAF. 

It depends on what they look like, but I may buy:
Sandman - depends how different the sculpt is, if at all
Venom - sucker
New Goblin - hated the character, but it would fill out the movie based collection
Mary Jane Watson - fool me once....
Spider-Man (symbiote) - I like the 5" version, so if this is similar, I'm all in

That leaves me three short and if the Spidey red suit is different enough, even subtely, from the S2 version, I'll get it.  Leaving only two figures to buy yet again.  Maybe I can customize the Ock into Moleman (or is he coming in the FF line?)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2721 on: June 5, 2007, 07:38 AM »
If this is true and these are indeed movie figures, then what I don't understand is why Hasbro did both a 5" and 6" line.  Doesn't make any sense.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2722 on: June 5, 2007, 08:45 AM »
Well i think from a business stand poitn it does make sense. They are hoping people (collectors) are going to double dip if you will. The 5 inch line came out and a 6 inch line was never really confirmed. We assumed / heard we would be getting a Spider-Man ML wave but we had no idea if it was going to be movie or comic based. So those individuals who wanted a movie based Venom would have to buy the 5 inch versions. Now many of those collectors who did buy the figures are already ML collectors so will probably buy everything all over again. Hasbro makes twice the money. It makes alot of sense for them. I never bought any of the Spider-Man movie figures but if i do end up buying this wave i may try and back track a movie Doc Oc and Green Goblin just so i have them to go with this wave. I am still undecided though.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2723 on: June 5, 2007, 09:28 AM »
Thanks for posting that Mikey.  I'll be interested to see pics of this wave.  I would kind of like to have the figures/characters from the new movie to go with the previous ones, so I'm kind of interested - depending what they look like.  The BAF sounds like it could be cool, and like Brent, if I pick up enough that I'm a figure or two short, I might break and buy them to get the BAFs.  We'll see.  I'm interested to see what the rumored F4 wave turns out to be.

Although I understand that it makes business sense to get the "double dippers", I really don't like the idea of the 5" and 6" lines for movies.  I hope it doesn't become a trend.  It might be the fact that I'm a sucker for Spidey and picked up a few of the 5" figures (in case the 6" didn't pan out), but I'd rather just see one scale or the other.  I picked up a Surfer from the F4 line as well, just because I kind of like having a small display of the comic movie figures - and if things are 5" scale from here on out (for Iron Man, etc.), I'd like to have them all displayed together in the same scale.  That said though, I'd rather they would just stick to the 6" scale now, since that is what we have gotten in the past.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2724 on: June 5, 2007, 10:00 AM »
Picked up a Surfer today... Not bad... not sure I would take it out of the package as it looks perfect as is.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2725 on: June 7, 2007, 08:32 AM »
Cool Toy Review has word on the lineup for HML Series 4.  Here's the lineup, according to their info:

1st App. Daredevil
1st App. Storm
Nova
The Punisher
Silver Samurai
AoA Sunfire
Tigra

BAF AoA Nemesis (Holocaust)

More info at the linky.  They do mention that a couple of figures (1st App. Storm, Nova) might be bumped to another wave, so I don't know how solid this lineup is.
« Last Edit: June 7, 2007, 08:36 AM by Brian »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2726 on: June 7, 2007, 10:36 AM »
Not that great of a wave, but it would be nice to get a FA Daredevil.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2727 on: June 7, 2007, 10:51 AM »
Yeah, I guess I wasn't overly excited about it either, but it looks like there's a lot of stuff that other people have been wanting.  It might be the fact that we're in the "gravy" portion of Legends, so the much requested stuff will have to be spread out a bit more.  It might also be the fact that I'm spending considerably more on Star Wars this year than I expected, and I'm having to make some tough choices in what I pick up outside of that.  Out of this wave, I could see myself picking up Tigra, Nova, and possibly Silver Samurai.  The FA figures might be nice, but I've skipped/missed a few of the past ones (Wolverine/Iron Man/Thing), so I'd probably want to have them all to be "complete".  I'm a little disappointed in the lack of Black Bolt, but maybe he will be a replacement if one of the other figures get bumped.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2728 on: June 7, 2007, 12:34 PM »
Not much in there I'm really dying for to be honest.  I have a yellow DD from the Spiderman series so personally I'm hoping they screw that one up. 

I'm really not digging them re-releasing figures that don't really need re-releasing, such as the Punisher.  The first one was enough, so they slapped in a movie version?  Ok, I can live with that.  Then the face-off two pack was ok too, because it came with Jigsaw (which I still don't have) but now again?  Yeesh, re-hash much? 

The only thing in there I'd probably buy is Tigra and thankfully the BAF is something I have no need of. 

I guess the series isn't awful, but it sure isn't what I'm after personally. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2729 on: June 7, 2007, 01:03 PM »
MarvelousNews has a look at the next batch of F4: ROSS action figures.  Mild spoilers (possibly, who knows if they have anything to do with the movie or not), but the lineup has a 2nd Surfer, a new Mr. Fantastic and Human Torch, and Dr. Doom in his "new look" - which is a big improvement over the first movie I think.  Again, 5" figures here.

Also, a look at the 4th wave of Spider-Man 3 figures (5").  More of the same essentially.