Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 413612 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2895 on: October 8, 2007, 08:55 AM »
I know not many here necessarily care about this wave, but I found some of the "Spider-Man Trilogy - Sandman Wave" (I guess that is what it is called) at the Wal-mart across town from us this weekend.  They only had four of them (Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Sandman, and Mary Jane).  I picked up MJ and Sandman.  I just kind of want to keep going with whatever new 6" scale movie figures they have for Spidey.  I definitely regret picking up a few of the 5" scale figures, but they might end up going in the "toy box" for our nephews and daughter.  I don't plan to make that mistake again though - no more new scales :).  No signs of F4 here yet though, hopefully that isn't a tough wave to find.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2896 on: October 8, 2007, 02:11 PM »
Nice to know these are out.  I was thinking of getting MJ from this wave - what do you think of it in person?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2897 on: October 8, 2007, 03:29 PM »
Nice to know these are out.  I was thinking of getting MJ from this wave - what do you think of it in person?

Its...ok.  To be honest, I mainly picked it up because I wanted an MJ for my Spidey display, and I don't see a comic one coming anytime soon.  Plus, I missed the version from Spidey 1.  The figure isn't too bad (although I haven't opened it yet), but the face (paint on the face especially) isn't the greatest.  If you want an MJ, its ok for now, but otherwise I can't say I really recommend it all that much.

On a side note, I had to stop at WM quick after lunch today to grab diapers since we can't get to Target until Wed. and we won't make it until then :P - and they had the F4 and Spidey waves there as well.  The Spidey wave was just the four I saw at the "other" WM - Sandman, Doc Ock, GG, and MJ.  They had the entire F4 wave there aside from Invisible Woman (2x Mr. F, 2x Torch, 2x Surfer, 2x Namor, and 2x Mole Man, 1x Thing and Doom).  I wanted to pick up one of each, but can't afford it right now, so I got Doom, Namor, Surfer, and Mole Man.  I haven't opened them yet, but they do look pretty nice to me - Doom especially.  Its nice to finally have a comic version, since I missed the one from Series 2.  The rest of these look nice too.  Maybe Hasbro is starting to figure things out a bit, because the figures in this wave didn't look too bad really.  The paint still isn't as detailed, but the sculpts and everything look good.  I like the headsculpt on the Mr. Fantastic figure a lot more than the ToyBiz version (and box set version).  I'm hoping to pick up the 4 eventually, but figured they would be the easier ones to get of the wave - we'll see.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2898 on: October 8, 2007, 07:55 PM »
I saw the F4 wave today minus Doom.  I'm not thrilled with the paint apps, but the Ronan BAF looks to be pretty neat.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2899 on: October 9, 2007, 12:29 AM »
Weird, my comic book guy is still saying December for the F4 figures ???  Guess I'll have to ask again.  I'm not in a particular hurry to get them, but that's a big delay. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2900 on: October 10, 2007, 04:15 PM »
Stopped by WM quick today again, and found a couple more from the latest ML waves.  I picked up Mr. Fantastic and Venom (Spidey 3).  Both are actually really nice figures.  I might even say I like this movie Venom better than the SMC one I have in some ways.  I really like the headsculpt on Mr. F, more along the lines of how I envision him looking.  It is a bit of a pain having him just "super tall/stretched" all of the time, some trade out parts or something might have been nice.  Other than that, a pretty nice figure.  They didn't have much else there otherwise, the repacked figures from the Spidey Trilogy line (Red Spidey, Doc Ock, GG) and still had another Mr. F and Namor on the pegs.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 04:43 PM by Brian »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2901 on: October 10, 2007, 11:53 PM »
FF figures are currently in-stock at HTS.com

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2902 on: October 11, 2007, 06:58 AM »
Brood Series and Spidey 3 Sandman series as well.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2903 on: October 11, 2007, 08:04 AM »
Thanks for the heads up, Brent.  Missed out on the FF wave, but managed to snag Black Knight and Marvel Girl as well as Ultimate Wolverine to complete my Blob.  No GI Joes, though.

Promo code 25FALL still works - Got all the above for $23 total plus a free titanium Hulk figure.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2904 on: October 11, 2007, 08:31 AM »
Hydra soldier is also available.  Doesn't show up in the Marvel Legends listings, so search for "Hydra" and he should come up.  Just placed a second order for him.

And if anyone is getting Cap, Bucky, Cyclops, Danger or Colossus and doesn't want the Brood Queen pieces, let me know.  I wasn't originally going to build her, but if I can track the pieces down for a cheap price, I wouldn't mind having her.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2905 on: October 11, 2007, 09:53 AM »
I ordered the brood series, I figured witht he coupon code, 25% off and free shipping, i could justify buying figures i dont want for the BAF.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2906 on: October 11, 2007, 10:02 AM »
I missed the F4 wave again, but after finding some at WM this week, I could stand to take a bit of a break until I pick up Invisible Woman, Thing, and Torch.  That said, I'd probably order them if they came back in stock with the promo code still working and everything.  I did order the Spidey Trilogy Black Spidey and New Goblin, so I'm done with those if/when they ship - and I picked up Cyclops as well.  I was on the fence with a couple others from that wave, but with this and SW stuff today (and lately), I can wait and see with those.  Its really been an expensive back half of the year this year.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2907 on: October 11, 2007, 11:38 AM »
Hydra is sold out...I did get Cap, Bucky, Black Knight and Cyclops and the pieces of Brood are yours Mikey :-*

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2908 on: October 11, 2007, 11:41 AM »
I did get Cap, Bucky, Black Knight and Cyclops and the pieces of Brood are yours Mikey :-*

Sweet, thanks Scott.  Need everyone except BK.  Let me know when you get them and we'll work something out.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2909 on: October 11, 2007, 01:38 PM »
Crap in a frickin' hat >:(  I was up until 1 am last night and only the FF wave was online, which I already have on order.  Of course I have meetings all damn morning and now now of the stuff is online to order.  The 25% off is enough for me to buy all of the pieces to build the brood queen.  Knowing my luck they won't come back in stock until the 25% off is over.  Ack. :-\