Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 415038 times)

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2970 on: December 14, 2007, 10:15 PM »
Not surprisingly the Marvel50 code does not work :'(

I think it was just for that one day.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2971 on: December 14, 2007, 10:58 PM »
Yeah, that's what Brian's post indicated, but I was hoping it might work anyway.  Pity it didn't, I'd have finished out the Blob BAF series at 50% off too.  I had nine items in my cart and ended up buying three. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2972 on: December 17, 2007, 09:31 AM »
Cool Toy Review has a 411 up for the rest of Hasbro's lines as well, and here's what's mentioned from the Marvel side of things (more at the linky):

-So far, two "regular" waves (12 figures total) for Marvel Legends
-Two Packs (6 Different Sets, with Interchangeable Parts)
-Spider-Man Heroes and Villains (6" Scale, 48 Figures)
-Spectacular Spider-Man Animated Series Figures (Scale Unknown, 16 Figures)
-Iron Man Movie (16 Figures)
-Hulk Action Figure Assortment (Foom BAF, they say two waves of four figures)
-Hulk Movie Figures (12 Basic and 6 Deluxe)
-Marvel Legend Universe Action Figures (3 3/4" Scale, possible gaming aspect like SHS, Two Waves of 6)
-Marvel Legend Transformers (surprise, surprise)
-Invincible Iron Man Figure (12")
-Ultimate Electronic Hulk
-Spider-man Roto Cast Figures (10" Scale, 7 Figures)
-Marvel Unleashed 360 (8 Planned)
-SuperHero Squad (20 two packs, 6 Mega Packs, 6 Theme Packs, Plus Iron Man and Hulk Movie Sets)

There's a few other things mentioned as well, but those are some highlights.  Yikes, that's a lot of stuff.  Thankfully, not necessarily a whole heck of a lot I need to have.  I'll likely continue to cherry pick the Legends and now Spidey lines, just picking up a few figures that interest me.  I'll probably get an Iron Man or two from the movie line as well, as the pictures recently looked pretty nice.  I'll take a look at the 3 3/4" line, but we'll see about that.  With all the Star Wars stuff on the way, and the DCU Classics and Indy stuff I'd like to pick up too, something's going to have to be cut back significantly and I'm pretty happy with my Marvel collection at this point.  A few more characters, and I'll likely go down to just picking up new Spidey Universe figures.  I just can't afford (or have space for) all of this stuff anymore.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2973 on: December 17, 2007, 03:48 PM »
Ugh :-\  That is just a boatload of stuff, though most of it will never make it up here I suspect. 

I'm not keen on seeing more movie figures, but I guess that's just a fact of life.  I know they'll just clog the pegs like crazy as they always do up here.  Even on clearance they don't move and we still have lots of POTC and Superman toys around. 

Out of that list I'm potentially interested in the ML, the two packs (I think I'm seriously behind on these, what was the recent stuff?) possibly some Spidey 6" stuff and maybe even some Hulk stuff if they re-release some of those hard to find Hulk Classics figures from a couple of years back.  I'm guessing the Foom BAF will require all 8 of the Hulk series figures to be purchased and I'm not at all inclined to that. 

I think we're all in the same boat, not being in need of much at this point.  That's a really good thing for me as the line has all but died at Canadian retail.  No two packs ever; we still haven't seen the recent 6" Spidey stuff show up and only briefly saw the second wave of Hasbro's ML stuff.  Pretty weak showing overall.  I'd probably go online to order it, but Hasbro has been too hit and miss with quality of sculpt to blindly order stuff before seeing actual production item photos. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2974 on: December 17, 2007, 04:45 PM »
I'm very happy to see them continuing to focus mainly on the 6" line.  There are a few strays, but the bulk of the figs coming out will still fit with ML.  The interchangeable part sets seem most appealing, depending on the role cole of everything else that's coming out. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2975 on: December 17, 2007, 05:14 PM »
Is anyone seeing the twopacks at stores anymore?  Series two stuff I mean.  I didn't see any when I was down in San Diego. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2976 on: December 17, 2007, 06:11 PM »
Is anyone seeing the twopacks at stores anymore?  Series two stuff I mean.  I didn't see any when I was down in San Diego. 

You mean the WM 2-packs?  I've never seen them at retail...
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2977 on: December 17, 2007, 06:43 PM »
I never saw the walmart 2-packs either. I picked up the cannonball set on ebay but still dont have the cable set. Unless i happent o find it one day at walmart i wont ever get it.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2978 on: December 17, 2007, 10:46 PM »

You mean the WM 2-packs?  I've never seen them at retail...

Hard as it may be to believe, you guys not seeing them gives me hope.  They made them and aside from some occasional extraordinarily rare gaffes (hello Psylocke variant) they tend to have decent production runs, so they may yet show up at a secondary retailer.  Do you have Giant Tiger stores down there?  Up here they're a clearance retail outlet that occasionally stocks stuff like this.  They've had Marvel Legends, FF and LOTR figures before, so maybe I"ll get lucky there or at Winners. 

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2979 on: December 18, 2007, 07:13 AM »
The Walmart Domino / Cannonball and Cable / Jean Grey two packs?  A Walmart I hit every couple of weeks is drowning in them.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2980 on: December 18, 2007, 02:07 PM »
Is there a third two pack in the series?  I'm interested in the Domino set for sure, less so on the Cable pack but cannot recall the third.  Variants always welcome :P

My comic shop got in wave 3 of ML today so I picked up the Marvel Girl and Cyclops ::), the latter for the BAF part.  Ironically his case didn't have any Bucky's in it at all.  Since I ordered a couple of Hydra Soldiers from HTS, I left those behind.  I also decided I could do without the wings for the BAF without really suffering, so that and the similarity of the parts between Colossus and the Hydra Soldier makes this a six character (seven figure) BAF.  Unfortunately I'm still without Bucky and the Black Knight at this point.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2981 on: December 18, 2007, 02:15 PM »
There's only 2 as far as I know.  Wish I had asked for those BAF parts on my BK and MG for you Canucklehead.  :(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2982 on: December 29, 2007, 01:17 AM »
The Hydra soldiers (both versions) are currently available at HTS.  I've no idea if they'll actually ship out the variation or not, but I ordered one of each. 

They have arrived and much to my delight, each variation is present as ordered.  Extra leg for brood queen saving me from getting Colossus and the variation at retail price.  Excellent.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2983 on: December 30, 2007, 11:20 PM »
Bi-Beast from Hulk Legends?

I am not liking it but i dont really care for the character. I will buy it for FFF though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2984 on: January 8, 2008, 11:56 PM »
Is there a third two pack in the series?  I'm interested in the Domino set for sure, less so on the Cable pack but cannot recall the third.  Variants always welcome :P

Brent...do you still need these?  I picked up a set today in case you do...I also have your Metamorpho :)