Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 410959 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3015 on: January 17, 2008, 09:15 AM »
Thanks for the pics/link Scott, what a difference that makes.  I have to say that's the main thing I've noticed with the Hasbro Legends as well, the paint apps.  I don't necessarily mind the articulation going down either, because they (for the most part) are still well articulated, and - at least the ones I've picked up - seem a little sturdier overall than some of the ToyBiz figures.  That Hasbro Doom is one of my favorite figures, and some tweaks in the paint (like Scott's link) would have made it about perfect.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3016 on: January 17, 2008, 09:42 AM »
Looking at this thread at the Fwoosh, it looks like some of The Incredible Hulk movie figures have shown up on ebay.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3017 on: January 17, 2008, 10:16 AM »
And they look pretty terrible.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3018 on: January 17, 2008, 11:19 AM »
Pics no longer available.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3019 on: January 17, 2008, 11:32 PM »
For the most part, Hasbro maintains that the 6" is still being sculpted by all of the same old sculptors that Toy Biz uses.  The big difference is that the articulation has went down AND they have also reduced paint apps and paint washes.  That has been huge.  Some of the newer stuff looks horrible when you put it against some of the classic Toy Biz sculpts.  Take for instance the Original Doc Doom vs the recent FF Wave one.  By all means the detailing and sculpting is far far superior...just check the paint differences w/o the wash and I think it looks terrible

Check this out...what a little paint can do

This post did nothing to help me out, y'know ;)

I already have the first Doom, plus a Doombot.  I have about 5 Thing figures.  I have one, maybe two Human Torch figures.  I have two versions of the Invisible Woman (both Alba's).  I have the first Silver Surfer (and Howard the Duck too!).  I have the original Namor too, though yeah, I like the style on this one better, but your discussion of pinheadedness didn't really help me out much. 

I do not have a Reed Richards nor do I have a Mole Man, so I need and want both of those.  It would seem I can get both loose and cheap on ebay.   Check that, I picked up both for $4 each.  Supposedly shipping for one is $3 and the seller will combine shipping.  Given they're loose, hopefully he can do both for $3-4 and I'll be done. 

And I won a Ronan for $28.01 today, so.... I don't think I'll do the whole set.  I'll do Mole Man and Reed for sure and possibly invisible woman if I can find one cheap. 

As to articulation being reduced, no problem there.  I just don't want crappy looking figures.  That Doom isn't bad as long as I don't compare it to the ToyBiz or custom paint shown.  As it is, I have no pressing need for it.

BTW, anyone think if you popped the head off the old Namor and put it on the current versions body it would look better?  I might be tempted to do that.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 12:21 AM by Morgbug »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3020 on: January 18, 2008, 12:40 PM »
We've already heard it, but ToyFare has confirmed that Spiral will be in HML Series 5, and they also have a pic.  They say "stay tuned to WizardUniverse.com soon for the rest of the pics", but I don't know how "soon" that will be.  Figures rumored for this wave include: Black Costume Spidey, Adam Warlock, Silver Savage, USA Agent, and Union Jack.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3021 on: January 18, 2008, 02:17 PM »
We've already heard it, but ToyFare has confirmed that Spiral will be in HML Series 5, and they also have a pic.  They say "stay tuned to WizardUniverse.com soon for the rest of the pics", but I don't know how "soon" that will be.  Figures rumored for this wave include: Black Costume Spidey, Adam Warlock, Silver Savage, USA Agent, and Union Jack.

Nice to finally get a US Agent.  Not too interested in the rest.  Who the heck is Silver Savage?
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3022 on: January 18, 2008, 02:42 PM »
From the link:
...and the Silver Savage, which is what the Silver Surfer was called when he fought in a gladiatorial match against the Hulk during the “Planet Hulk” storyline, where he carried his surfboard like a shield!

I might be the only person alive that enjoyed the Mojo sub-story, so I'm ok with Spiral coming out.  I'd suggest they're reaching to suggest this is a Legend of some sort, but that's really just a semantics argument. 

I'd probably pick up the Adam Warlock and then just look at the rest before deciding.  Of course wave 5 is so far out for me it's ridiculous, we still haven't seen wave 3 up here at a regular retailer. 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3023 on: January 18, 2008, 03:20 PM »
If the BAF is Drax, which seems to be the rumor, i will pick up the whole wave. If not then i really want Adam Warlock and Silver Savage. I have said it in the past, after i get Adam Warlock i am really going to look at my collecting situation and my stop buying Legends.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3024 on: January 18, 2008, 03:41 PM »
If the BAF is Drax I hope it's the Infinity Gaunlet version and not the modern God of War ripoff version.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3025 on: January 18, 2008, 04:04 PM »
From the link:
...and the Silver Savage, which is what the Silver Surfer was called when he fought in a gladiatorial match against the Hulk during the “Planet Hulk” storyline, where he carried his surfboard like a shield!

I might be the only person alive that enjoyed the Mojo sub-story, so I'm ok with Spiral coming out.  I'd suggest they're reaching to suggest this is a Legend of some sort, but that's really just a semantics argument. 

I'd probably pick up the Adam Warlock and then just look at the rest before deciding.  Of course wave 5 is so far out for me it's ridiculous, we still haven't seen wave 3 up here at a regular retailer. 

I 'liked the Mojo storyline, just not a fan of the figures.  If I could get any character from that tale, it would be Quark.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3026 on: January 19, 2008, 12:23 AM »
I'd kill for Hasbro to do a re-pack of Deadpool. I also want Iron Spider-Man & Blade figures.

KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3027 on: January 19, 2008, 01:14 AM »
Iron Spidey was pretty recent and should probably be pretty cheap on ebay.  Same for the Blade figures - they sat around here for quite a while.  I still maintain that Deadpool is too much of a stretch for them to re-do. 

I picked up the rest of the FF figures tonight :-X  Silly, I know, but for $21.50 for the whole set (plus $8 shipping, I couldn't pass).  I got the Invisible Woman and Namor to pull a head swap on and I can probably sell Mole Man and Reed for the same amounts again locally. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3028 on: January 19, 2008, 11:03 AM »
Iron Spidey was pretty recent and should probably be pretty cheap on ebay.  Same for the Blade figures - they sat around here for quite a while.  I still maintain that Deadpool is too much of a stretch for them to re-do. 

I picked up the rest of the FF figures tonight :-X  Silly, I know, but for $21.50 for the whole set (plus $8 shipping, I couldn't pass).  I got the Invisible Woman and Namor to pull a head swap on and I can probably sell Mole Man and Reed for the same amounts again locally. 

21.50 for the set?  Was that a clearance find or Ebay?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3029 on: January 19, 2008, 02:06 PM »
Ebay. 

No BAF parts and all figures were loose.  It was a pleasant surprise to say the least as the last auction for all 8 loose figures ended closer to $40.  I put in my bid and didn't really expect to win.  But for under $3 a figure, I really couldn't object or pass it by.  I can easily throw the Thing in the trash or give it to the kid across the street without any guilt at all.  Plus I can check out all the other figures and decide if I like any of them better too.  Really too good to pass up. :)