Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 415431 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3105 on: March 19, 2008, 07:01 PM »
There are reports over at the Spawn.com board of the Iron Man movie figures being found at Walmart.  Didn't note where though, sorry.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3106 on: March 19, 2008, 07:23 PM »
I believe the street date is saturday so they will be out soon.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3107 on: March 20, 2008, 09:06 AM »
I found the lot of Iron Man stuff at TRU on Tuesday.  All of the 6" figures and the 12", plus some role play stuff.  They were all on the floor but the bastids wouldn't let me purchase them.  :(

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3108 on: March 20, 2008, 05:07 PM »
I saw the WM exclusive figure from Iron Man today. It looked to me like War Machine, but I think it was called Stealth Armor or something like that. I thought about buying it, but I heard about a street date, and figured they wouldn't let me buy it, so I left it there until Saturday.

Even though it was $10, it was a very tempting purchase.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3109 on: March 21, 2008, 11:20 AM »
MarvelousNews has pics up of the SDCC exclusive Shanna/Kazar/Sabu set from Marvel Legends.

On a side note, does anyone know everything (in the 6" scale anyways) that will be out for the Iron Man movie stuff this weekend?  I'm only planning on picking up a Mark 3 version for my Legends display, but I was curious what exclusives there were.  From memory, I thought it was:

Target (Silver Centurion repaint of Mark 3)
Wal-Mart (War Machine repaint)

Is that right, or does TRU have something as well?  I'm curious how "big of deal" the Iron Man launch will be.  I'm looking forward to having a nice, shiny Iron Man in the collection though (I just have the Face Off version).
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 11:59 AM by Brian »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3110 on: March 21, 2008, 12:33 PM »
MarvelousNews has pics up of the SDCC exclusive Shanna/Kazar/Sabu set from Marvel Legends.

On a side note, does anyone know everything (in the 6" scale anyways) that will be out for the Iron Man movie stuff this weekend?  I'm only planning on picking up a Mark 3 version for my Legends display, but I was curious what exclusives there were.  From memory, I thought it was:

Target (Silver Centurion repaint of Mark 3)
Wal-Mart (War Machine repaint)

Is that right, or does TRU have something as well?  I'm curious how "big of deal" the Iron Man launch will be.  I'm looking forward to having a nice, shiny Iron Man in the collection though (I just have the Face Off version).

MUST GET SHANNA.  Wow, nice job for a change!  Kazar might make a nice Heman custom as well.  Not sure of the Exclusives for IM, but both sound cool.  Hopefully they will be available in ample supply.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3111 on: March 21, 2008, 02:13 PM »
Wow, she looks really good. He does look like he-man. And Sabu looks too cartoonish.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3112 on: March 21, 2008, 02:41 PM »
Shanna looks ok but Kazar and Sabu look like ****.  What's up with the blocky look of Sabu and the wrinkled skin on Kazar?  That's a rhetorical question by the way.  I know Sabu is a modified Sigma 6 tiger and Kazar is made from a FO Punisher.  That's just pure ******* laziness on Hasbro's part.  But that's what I've come to suspect from them lately.

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3113 on: March 22, 2008, 03:26 PM »
No sign of Iron Man anywhere here today ::)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3114 on: March 22, 2008, 03:31 PM »
There was no sign of Iron Man stuff at WM or Target here today either, but we stopped at TRU and I found a tiny section at the way back end of the action figure aisle.  They had 1x Mark 3, 1x Mark 1, and 3x of the "snap on" armor version.  They also had some SHS and the larger scale Iron Man (I forget the name, "repulsor power" or something like that).  I picked up the Mark 3, and ended up grabbing the Mark 1 as well.  Otherwise, nothing else around town that I have seen.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3115 on: March 22, 2008, 05:42 PM »
I went to two WMs, two Targets and two TRUs today and found Iron Man figures at one (the same one I found them at earlier in the week).  They had all of the figures except the Iron Monger, plus the 12", Superhero Squad and role-play stuff. 

John

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3116 on: March 22, 2008, 10:43 PM »
I was all over town today, K-Mart, WM and Target and not a single Iron Man figure in sight.  I wanted to pick up the Mark 3 figure and Iron Monger but I guess it'll have to wait.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3117 on: March 23, 2008, 01:22 PM »
I saw no Iron Man toys whatsoever at Wal-Mart and Target yesterday, and there wasn't even a space set aside for them.  TRU, on the other hand, was in the process of setting up an endcap full of the stuff, although it hadn't really been unpacked completely.  I did pick up one each of the Marks I, II, and III figures, and saw several "Prototypes" and one Iron Monger (the action feature one) hanging on the two completed pegs.  They're closed today for Easter, so I don't know what (if anything) else they added to the display after I left.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3118 on: March 24, 2008, 09:49 AM »
I'm wondering if Target isn't waiting until today to unleash their Iron Man stuff, taking the Easter holiday as a chance to stock things and change the action figure aisles and all of that.  I sort of want to get the Silver Centurion repaint that's exclusive there, so I thought about checking it out later on today.  Its just a repaint, but I never got the Legends version and I thought it looked kind of spiffy.  Otherwise, as many others found, these weren't anywhere here on Saturday aside from a small (1 peg) showing at TRU - way at the back of the store.

Also, I got a chance to open these up and I have to say it might be some of Hasbro's best Marvel work yet - at least on the ones I got.  I especially like the Mark 3 version, with a nice shiny paintjob - pretty spiffy.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 11:05 AM by Brian »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3119 on: March 24, 2008, 12:02 PM »
I have not seen them yet but all i really want is Iron Monger and Titanium man but i am sure they will be a pain to find.