Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 413591 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3120 on: March 24, 2008, 01:35 PM »
I'm wondering if Target isn't waiting until today to unleash their Iron Man stuff, taking the Easter holiday as a chance to stock things and change the action figure aisles and all of that. 

Just an FYI that I was at Target this morning and they had a whole Iron Man endcap set up - basic figures, SuperSquad 4-packs, role play and more...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3121 on: March 24, 2008, 04:32 PM »
*Looks at clock*  "Quitting time!" *heads to Target*

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3122 on: March 27, 2008, 06:31 PM »
Still no Iron Man at the local stores.  Guess there's no rush for the stores to set them into the aisle.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3123 on: March 27, 2008, 08:51 PM »
I saw them at Target today, picked up Silver exclusive and Iron Monger.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3124 on: March 28, 2008, 02:12 AM »
I've managed to pick everything up, and I have to say I'm pretty impressed!  The figures really look nice, they're nice and sturdy, and they have a decent amount of articulation.  I do think the $9.99 price point is a bit high, but the figures are pretty cool none the less.

I've put up pics of the whole series on my site if anyone's interested.

John

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3125 on: March 28, 2008, 02:54 AM »
The only place I've seen non-exclusive toys is K-Mart. I almost bought the Iron Monger, but $10 is a little steep.

I'll wait until I've seen the flick before buying any of these.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3126 on: March 28, 2008, 09:42 AM »
I haven't been to Target since Monday (they didn't have any out), but aside from the couple I picked up at TRU last Saturday, there hasn't been much of these out there here either.  TRU now just has a couple of the 12" Iron Man and SuperHero Squad packs out, and WM has a "center aisle" display filled with only the exclusive War Machine repaint and role play stuff.  No regular IM stuff out there otherwise.  I'll be stopping by Target again today, and I'll check to see if they've put their display out yet or not.  They seem to be more conservative with this movie line, and that seems like a good thing.  Just looking at the lineup of figures, it seems pretty well balanced.  A few different Iron Man figures (with different armors - or removable), a couple versions of the bad guy from the movie (Iron Monger), and a video game inspired Titanium Man.  Probably 10 or less figures total, not so bad.  We'll see if it continues.

On a side note, I'm not sure what it is, but I think the Mark 3 Iron Man from the movie line is one of my favorite Marvel figures.  I've got it displayed with the rest of the Legends "Heroes", and it fits right in.  I guess I just like this style of armor, and the "shiny" paint job, but it seems like a pretty solid figure overall.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3127 on: March 28, 2008, 10:57 AM »
I was just curious, with some of the interest in Legends waning since the Hasbro takeover - along with the bigger focus on the movie franchises each year, and less waves of Legends in general (aside from the 2 packs) - do you feel like we've gotten the perfect or near-perfect versions of Marvel's big guns at this point?  It seems like Hasbro will be doing their own versions of the big names over the years, which has started already, and looking at my shelves I'm considering if anything would need an upgrade.  I did like Hasbro's Dr. Doom, and their Fantastic Four wasn't bad either (although I wasn't ever real crazy with the versions we got from Toy Biz, aside from Thing).  Are there any other main characters that you would re-buy, or need upgrades?  Some of my favorites:

Captain America - Face Off Version (seems pretty good to me)
Iron Man - Movie Mark 3 (I don't have any comic versions aside from the Face Off, which is fine too)
Hulk - Face Off Version (pretty good to me, again)
Spider-Man - Several Versions are Pretty Good (McFarlane/Campbell, Snap Shot, S6, SM2 Movie, etc.)
Daredevil - Face Off Version (only one I have, but seems decent)
Thor - WM Exc. Wave (only one I have, I like it aside from a crazy loose waist)
F4 - Hasbro versions, Toy Biz Thing (None are really outstanding, but not bad either.  I do like the Toy Biz Thing, but the other "three" could probably still be improved upon.  At the same time, if we didn't get any others, that would be fine.)
X-Men - ToyBiz (Most of these I'm pretty satisfied with, the ones I have anyways)
Dr. Strange - ToyBiz

Just off the top of my head, most of them seem pretty good.  I'm sure there are some improvements that could be made, so it all depends.  There are a lot of Star Wars figures that seemed perfect too, until we saw new versions.  I guess part of me is hoping that I wouldn't be tempted to buy new versions, because it would be nice to slowly wind down on of the lines I'm interested in :).

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3128 on: March 28, 2008, 12:36 PM »
I think between TB and Hasbro, we've gotten most of big name characters in fairly good versions.  However, if you follow Hasbro logic for Star Wars, they should be releasing versions of the big guns every year or at least every other year.  We see a Vader, Luke, Leia, Chewie, Yoda, etc. pretty much every year and to my shock and awe, these seem to sell every single year.  Kids coming into the franchise want the big name players, so regardless of what has been available in the past, I think there's room for remakes or even rereleases of some of the bigger name characters, especially if that helps gets more waves out per year and brings news/excitement to the line.

As a collector, I only grab the Avengers and am pretty happy with these releases to date:

Giant Man BAF - Awesome
Wasp - two solid versions plus a mini from the Goliath pack
Hulk - decent enough
S1 or Face off Cap - Good enough
Iron Man - Between FA, Series 1, 90's, and current versions, there are more than enough Iron Man figs.  I'd love to an upgraded 80's version (remake of S1), but otherwise he's good
Thor - could of good versions between the TB and Hasbro lines

Other figs that are good enough as they are:

Quicksilver - good, but wish I could find the green suit variant
Scarlet Witch - okay, but not my favorite sculpt
Hawkeye
Black Panther
Herculeus
Ant-Man (full size and mini)
Yellowjacket
Falcon
Vision (Phasing and regular)
Ms Marvel
She-Hulk
Captain Marvel
Beast
Modern Wonder Man (see below)
Spiderman
Spiderwoman (Both versions)
Moon Knight
Young Avengers Box Set Figs

Figs that I think they either need to make or redo:

Black Widow - both of these versions are horrible. Body is okay, but redo the head
Wonder Man First Appearance and/or Red overcoat - can't believe they haven't made one or the other yet.
Black Knight - Sorry, but the latest Hasbro version is awful.  Would love to see a better 80's version and or his grunge look when he work the avengers bomber and held a laser sword
Quasar (Male Version)
Ares
Tigra - coming out in wave 4, but not sure if she's any good
Remaining Young Avengers - I have customs of Stature and Kate (Hawkeye), but would be great to release these for others.  Can't believe they made Iron Lad instead of Stature!  And what about Speed?
Avengers chicks in general seem to get the shaft. Where are all of these figures?
Mockingbird
Sersei
Crystal
Photon
Jocasta
Moon Dragon

Again, I've got customs of 3 of the 5, but would be nice to see these in wide release.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3129 on: April 1, 2008, 02:09 AM »
I haven't seen in any IM figures yet or Halo for that matter.
I guess with Wolverine movie next year come my DP?  ;D
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3130 on: April 1, 2008, 06:58 AM »
Hasbro repaint ML wave

I really don tknow what to think about this. They have handled the release of these waves so badly.

As for the wave itself, I very much want Speedball and the BAF Lockjaw which means i will be buying the whole wave just for him. I have no idea who Beak is.

Ok, i just remembered that today is April 1st so perhaps this is not legit.  ::)
« Last Edit: April 1, 2008, 07:00 AM by evenflow »

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3131 on: April 1, 2008, 08:57 AM »
That has to be a joke (and a lame one at that).

Is thefwoosh.com down for anyone else?
Common sense isn't so common

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3132 on: April 1, 2008, 09:07 AM »

The website itself was working earlier this morning but the forums were down, now everything is down.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3133 on: April 1, 2008, 09:26 AM »

It most likely is. The story was posted this morning at 12:08 AM. That means this is their idea of a really bad joke. Sad part is I was actually looking forward to the Wolverine because it would be kinda cool.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3134 on: April 1, 2008, 09:26 AM »

It is April Fool's Day.  Take anything you read today with a HUGE grain of salt.
(But you guys already knew that)
« Last Edit: April 1, 2008, 09:27 AM by Neal »