Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 410963 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3210 on: June 25, 2008, 09:47 AM »
Marvelous News has carded and loose pics up of the first wave of 2 packs (Wolvie/Forge, Ult. Fury/Ult. Cap, Elektra/Ronin).
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 09:48 AM by Brian »

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3211 on: June 25, 2008, 12:03 PM »
I like the interchangeable parts, but the open mouth version of Wolverine SUCKS. I know that I will be picking up a couple of the Wolverine/Forge sets, but hopefully can make some deals on my spare Forge figures. I want to make 1 custom of each head sculpt plus a regular version of each head sculpt with the claws. With the interchangeable hands I am going to have to look to see if I will be making more or not.

A little work with Forge's right leg to make it look normal you can use that body as a generic body and put a Gambit head on it, or Cannonball, or some other X-Men figure and make some cool customs. I am going to keep a set of the guns to put with my Cable figures.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3212 on: June 26, 2008, 09:08 PM »
Marvelous News has carded and loose pics up of the first wave of 2 packs (Wolvie/Forge, Ult. Fury/Ult. Cap, Elektra/Ronin).

That wolvie head does look a little silly.  I'm just going to get Ronin for my 'vengers collection...not sure if I want Elektra at this point or not.  I'll have to see it in person I guess.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3213 on: June 28, 2008, 04:59 PM »

I like the concept on these but not the execution.  Re:  Wolverine & Forge - that's a great period from X-Men to use as a source for figures.  But the head sculpts look silly.  Poor execution.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3214 on: June 28, 2008, 06:10 PM »
Went out looking for the Hulk Legends today but no luck. Not much marvel stuff at all on the pegs.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3215 on: June 28, 2008, 06:54 PM »
Not much in the way of Hulk figures at retail at all.  It seems that once the movie hit the figures flew off the pegs.  At least that's what I've seen.  Iron Man seemed to go the same way as well.

Feedback

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3216 on: June 28, 2008, 07:53 PM »
I saw the movie figures, i was looking for the Fin Fang Foom wave. People over at Fwoosh have found them so i figured i would take a shot.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3217 on: June 28, 2008, 08:57 PM »
I saw the movie figures, i was looking for the Fin Fang Foom wave. People over at Fwoosh have found them so i figured i would take a shot.

Haven't seen them around Minnesota at all, but they might be in back waiting for a reset.  The Target action figure aisle is looking pretty sad these days.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3218 on: June 29, 2008, 08:56 PM »
Not much in the way of Hulk figures at retail at all.  It seems that once the movie hit the figures flew off the pegs.  At least that's what I've seen.  Iron Man seemed to go the same way as well.

Are you talking about the Legends figures or the movie figures?  Because I haven't seen any sign of *any* of the movie figures selling here.  The pegs have been jammed since day 1 and they're starting to go on clearance.  Now, the Legends figures I haven't seen yet but I imagine they'll sell well at first due to FFF being one of the best Build-A-Figures to date (IMO).  But then again at the supposed $15 price tag they might sit around.   :-\

John

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3219 on: June 29, 2008, 10:00 PM »
The Hulk movie figures seem to have sold through really well near me.

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3220 on: July 1, 2008, 02:48 PM »
The Fwoosh has a "first look" up at the SDCC Exclusive Savage Land box set (Ka-Zar, Shanna, Zabu) on the way later this month.  There are lots of pics, for anyone interested.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3221 on: July 1, 2008, 02:55 PM »
The Fwoosh has a "first look" up at the SDCC Exclusive Savage Land box set (Ka-Zar, Shanna, Zabu) on the way later this month.  There are lots of pics, for anyone interested.

Guarantee that you see the Shana converted into the one that people use to make "Sexy" likenesses of different charecters while they can get a hold of this set. The Ka-Zar is okay, and Zabu is too blocky looking. Easy set to pass on.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3222 on: July 1, 2008, 08:35 PM »
I think the set actually looks really good compared to the first pics we saw. I am looking forward to it.

Anyway, I went to another couple of TRU's today and i found 4 of the 8 FFF Hulk figures. King Hulk is a great figure. I think my favorite Hasbro figure to date. If they keep this up they may have pulled me back in.

Also found Titanium Man from IRon Man.
« Last Edit: July 1, 2008, 08:36 PM by evenflow »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3223 on: July 2, 2008, 01:40 AM »
I found Iron Man Titanium Man at Target last week as well, so he's definitely making the rounds.  Which FFF Hulk figs did you find?  Are these shipping in two waves or did someone just beat you to the other figs?

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3224 on: July 2, 2008, 08:30 AM »
I found King Hulk, Abosrbing Man, Doc, and Grey Hulk. There was another Grey Hulk and abosrbing man on the pegs, not sure if they are shipping together though but i think that both assortments are out.