Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 410805 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3300 on: September 16, 2008, 11:59 AM »
I already decided that after the BAF waves i was almost totally out. Before the BAF waves i didnt buy them all so i am going back to that concept and with the 2-packs i want even less. I want the Red Hulk wave so am willing to drop 14.99 but not so much for the other 2 BAF waves.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3301 on: September 16, 2008, 12:56 PM »
I only buy one or two at most from each wave, so $15 is not enough to kick my habit for a good figure.  I don't get the BAFs though, so its often cheaper to just buy the fig loose on Ebay for less than retail.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3302 on: September 16, 2008, 02:13 PM »
For those of you who still collect this line, would the $14.99 price be the last straw (if it ends up being the price across the line)? 

Is for me. $8 was hard for me to go and make a custom out of. Now at twice that just going to get my single Wolverine's and be done.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3303 on: September 16, 2008, 03:01 PM »
A 40% price hike is not cool in my book.
Neither was the 100% price hike in oil ;)

That too.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3304 on: September 16, 2008, 05:27 PM »
Won't bother me.  Canadian retail has been at or near that the whole time.  Back around CIII I was ecstatic to find the current wave at around $7 retail - a huge savings for me. 

I'm picking and choosing but realistically nothing is coming to Canada anymore for the most part and whatever I do want I'll wait to get loose and cheaper anyway.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3305 on: September 18, 2008, 12:53 PM »
I saw one figure from the Red Hulk wave at Target yesterday, the Silver Savage (Silver Surfer) figure.  I didn't take it to the scanner to check for sure, but it was on the Hulk Legends pegs for $14.99.  I don't know if that was its price or not, as things tend to be kind of stuck everywhere at our Target lately.  Looks like I missed the rest of the wave, I was hoping I'd see the Black Spidey figure.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3306 on: September 18, 2008, 09:27 PM »
I've seen the new wave at two targets now.  They're $14.99.  Warlock and Silver Savage are the two that seem least popular so far...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3307 on: September 20, 2008, 11:35 AM »
Found the Red Hulk wave this morning but I saw some guy walking with Spiral in his hands. My head hulk is currently headless.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3308 on: September 22, 2008, 12:48 PM »
Still no signs (aside from the one Silver Savage figure) of the Target wave around here, after checking a few stores this weekend.  I did notice though that the regular "Marvel Legends" (not Hulk Legends) peg is marked at $14.99 now, which really stinks.  If that pricing continues (and transfers over to DCUC) that might price me out of the line, or severely limited.  Heck, I noticed that the "Spectacular Spider-Man" animated figures at Target are $12, and those are aimed at kiddos primarily and I can't imagine many being able to afford that.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3309 on: September 26, 2008, 01:27 PM »
I found the first two waves of the two packs finally.  Anyone need a Wolverine and / or Elektra?  Also found Warlock and Spiral from the Target wave.  Anyone need their BAF parts?
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3310 on: September 26, 2008, 02:06 PM »
I need the BAF parts though if I ever have any luck I intend to get the Spiral figure at least.  As for the others, nope, we seem to have very similar tastes in what we want. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3311 on: September 27, 2008, 10:05 PM »
My hiatus from collecting didn't last long...I bought the Red Hulk wave over the last couple of days.  :)  When I decided to *cough* quit *cough* I had reservations about quitting Marvel stuff.  It's actually more fun than I've had over the last couple of years with the likes of Star Wars and other long-time interests and regretted that part of it right away.  So I bought this wave as an inauguration back into it.

Anyway, the figures are pretty nice looking but I had quite a few paint issues with mine.  Mostly little smudges and a few small color spots where they shouldn't be.  Anyone else noticing this?

If anyone wants my extra Wolverine BAF piece, drop me a PM and it's yours.  (EDIT:  It's now spoken for.)

And if anyone's interested, I've put up a gallery on ToyTraderz.

John
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 01:01 PM by JohnH »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3312 on: February 12, 2011, 06:13 PM »
I was just reading through some info at Fwoosh about the return of Legends, sounds like Hasbro talked about it today in their Marvel presentation.  Sounds like the line will start again with Figure #0, a new Modern Thor that will be a SDCC exclusive.  After that, the first official wave will begin in January of 2012 (or possibly Christmas of this year) and will be back in the 8 figure, build a figure format.  The build a figure for the first wave is Terrax, and the other figures said to be included are Bucky Cap and Ultimate Hawkeye (obviously with an Avengers influence with the movie coming next May).
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 02:19 PM by Scott »

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: 2011/2012 Marvel Legends
« Reply #3313 on: February 13, 2011, 10:24 AM »
About time.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2011/2012 Marvel Legends
« Reply #3314 on: February 13, 2011, 10:35 AM »
I'm sort of looking forward to it, although I'm caught between continuing with both MU and Legends, which seems sort of crazy.  It sounds like they don't plan on "starting from scratch" with Legends, and just continuing where they left off, which I think is a good idea.  Many of the Toy Biz (or even Hasbro) figures from before hold up pretty well, and I think honestly if they are going to do the main guys again, I'd rather see modern versions (like the announced Modern Thor, Bucky Cap, Ult. Hawkeye, etc.) and then sprinkle in the classics that we've never gotten.