Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 413296 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: 2011/2012 Marvel Legends
« Reply #3315 on: February 13, 2011, 12:42 PM »
I am so torn now. I loved Marvel Legends and now i love Marvel Universe. I really want a Terrax and dont want to support both lines. I have passed on all the Marvel Legends 2-packs, which wouldnt be a problem to catch up with since TRU has them all. What to do!  ::)
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: February 14, 2011, 03:13 PM »
I was just reading through some info at Fwoosh about the return of Legends, sounds like Hasbro talked about it today in their Marvel presentation.  Sounds like the line will start again with Figure #0, a new Modern Thor that will be a SDCC exclusive.  After that, the first official wave will begin in January of 2012 (or possibly Christmas of this year) and will be back in the 8 figure, build a figure format.  The build a figure for the first wave is Terrax, and the other figures said to be included are Bucky Cap and Ultimate Hawkeye (obviously with an Avengers influence with the movie coming next May).

This was all great news until you mentioned ultimates Hawkeye.  With an ultimates influenced Nick Fury, I hope they don't follow suit on giving Clint the Ultimates outfit and style.  The old purple and blue with trick arrows is the only way to go!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: February 14, 2011, 05:49 PM »
Yeah, I'd rather have "classic" Hawkeye as well, especially since I never got the ToyBiz Legends version.  I would guess they are going the Ultimates route because the classic version has technically been done before (but not by Hasbro), and rumors suggest that he will look more Ultimates-like in next year's movie.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: February 15, 2011, 12:16 AM »
....and rumors suggest that he will look more Ultimates-like in next year's movie.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: February 15, 2011, 10:28 AM »
I don't know for sure, but that is just what I read early on - shortly after Renner was cast.  Honestly, I didn't expect him to show up dressed in all purple with that mask, but hopefully they don't go full on Ultimates style either.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: February 15, 2011, 10:57 AM »
I am so torn now. I loved Marvel Legends and now i love Marvel Universe. I really want a Terrax and dont want to support both lines. I have passed on all the Marvel Legends 2-packs, which wouldnt be a problem to catch up with since TRU has them all. What to do!  ::)

Yeah, I hear ya on that.  But I made the decision to kill Legends off in my collection.  Ultimately it was a space issue for me - I wouldn't do both and they'd done a good enough job on the 3.75" scale that I made the move. 

I sure took a bath on some of the figures and have yet to clear out everything.  There are also some Legends figures I really liked and they have yet to do them in the Universe collection (Man Wolf) so that's a bit frustrating.  But mostly what's left isn't worth all that much money (maybe some good return on a few Hulk figs) so I haven't been too anxious, especially after a couple of dud Ebay buyers back in December.  I do need to finish getting rid of the stuff though.  I think all I intend to keep is the BAF Sentinel and the BAF Galactus. 

Probably the most annoying part of the switch is that the Marvel stuff is no longer the same scale as the DC stuff I have.  Of course my DC stuff is out of scale with some of the other DC stuff anyway depending on what line it came from, so it's a bit odd anyway. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #3321 on: February 15, 2011, 11:57 AM »
I didn't sell any of mine which makes it even harder. It honestly all depends on how terrax looks since i have wanted him for a while  ::)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: February 18, 2011, 10:32 AM »
I dabbled briefly with this line just to grab the Judge Dredd stuff, which was amazing. I really hope they offer up a few more of those in this latest carnation. Judge Anderson would be nice, and the rest of the "Death Judges".
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3323 on: February 18, 2011, 10:34 AM »
I dabbled briefly with this line just to grab the Judge Dredd stuff, which was amazing. I really hope they offer up a few more of those in this latest carnation. Judge Anderson would be nice, and the rest of the "Death Judges".
Wrong line...you are talking about Legendary Heroes ;)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3324 on: February 18, 2011, 10:35 AM »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #3325 on: February 18, 2011, 07:24 PM »
DAMN IT!!!! I think i am sucked back in. I just picked up the Marvel Select Juggernaut.  ::)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: July 18, 2011, 02:59 PM »
I see we have confirmation and a price now for the SDCC ML Thor figure: $24.99.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: July 18, 2011, 09:55 PM »
He looks neat enough, I may go ahead and order him. Does anyone know if theres anything fancy and exclusive about this particular Thor that would set him apart from a retail release? I seem to remember reading somewhere that Thor is supposed to be in wave 1 as well.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: July 19, 2011, 10:27 AM »
I caught the segment on Attack of the Show last night where they showed the new Thor figure....looks pretty neat.  I'm hoping I can pick one up on HTS after SDCC.  I'm wondering how shipping is going to be with these exclusives, between the Death Star set, the large Indy set, and the Hammer packaging on Thor it doesn't make for great packing.  Although I have been picking up a lot of the Marvel Universe line, it is kind of exciting that Legends is going to be making its return.  Outside of SW, I don't know if there was another line that I was more into at the time.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #3329 on: July 19, 2011, 03:03 PM »

« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 03:03 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird