Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 413569 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: 2011/2012 Marvel Legends
« Reply #3330 on: July 19, 2011, 04:19 PM »
Hmmnn...still undecided on this.  I have the Select version and think its actually more comic accurate.  Probably a pass for me unless I see this cheap (which is unlikely).
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3331 on: July 20, 2011, 10:57 AM »
Early ML scoopage from pre-preview day...  from AFI:

Wave 1 will be in the case the whole show. Wave 2 will debut at Hasbro’s Marvel panel and then be in the case after that.

Wave 1 will be: Klaw (classic look), Hope Summers, Constrictor, Steve Rogers as the Super Soldier, Iron Man (one of his classic armors), what looks to be the new movie version of Ghost Rider, the Comic Con Thor and the Build-a-figure is Terrax
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: July 20, 2011, 11:10 AM »
YESSSS!!!!!!!!! Terrax the Tamer FTW!

Why can't we get great pre-Preview Night scoop like this for the SW line?

I want to know what's going to be in the case, what's going to be in th slide show, the whole shebang.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: July 20, 2011, 10:32 PM »
Kind of makes you want to skip exclusive Thor if you need him for the BAF...
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: July 21, 2011, 11:02 AM »
I see Marvelous News has pics up of Series 1.  Although I don't know if I need the whole series, they do look pretty well done - and I'm happy to see Legends back.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 11:02 AM by Brian »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #3335 on: July 21, 2011, 12:17 PM »
Terrax has me sucked back in.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3336 on: July 21, 2011, 12:28 PM »
Thanks for posting pics Brian.  These look fantastic.  Rodgers is a must have and I might bite on both Thor and Iron Man.  I wish they had done a more current comic look for Iron Man, but overall these look great.  I have high hopes for future waves.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: July 23, 2011, 09:30 PM »
Just going through some of the info/pics from Marvel's panel today.  Here's the Legends news (courtesy of MarvelousNews.com):

Marvel Legends Card Artwork by Ed McGuinness

Wave 1
Commander Steve Rogers (with Electric Shield variant)
Iron Man (with Stealth variant)
Ghost Rider (flame variant)
Constrictor
Klaw
Hope Summers
Thor (Heroic Age)
Build a Figure - Terrax

Wave 2
Bucky Cap
Wrecking Crew (running change for different members)
Daken
Madame Masque/Madame Hydra (running change)
"Big Time" Spider-Man (Black and Green Suit)
Build a Figure Armin Zola

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3338 on: July 24, 2011, 12:42 AM »
Thanks Brian!  I'm game for Rodgers and possibly Iron Man and Thor from S1.  Madames Masque or Hydra might be worth getting if they're done well, as arch enimies of Cap and Iron Man.  I'll probably get Bucky-Cap too if I can.  Not very excited about the rest of the figs or the BAFs, but it is very nice to get 6" figs back.  Now I just have to hope they're not $20 each.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3339 on: October 14, 2011, 02:16 PM »
MarvelousNews has some pics up of Wave 2 of Marvel Legends:

Marvel Legends Wave 2

As well as Legends-scale stuff for the Avengers movie:

Marvel Legends Avengers Movie Figures
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 02:17 PM by Brian »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3340 on: January 10, 2012, 02:40 PM »
I know they might be a couple months off yet, but is anyone here jumping back into Legends with the line's "comeback" this year?  I know around the time I first got online (or first at JD), Legends was probably the second biggest line outside of Star Wars (and maybe LOTR), with a pretty busy forum and everything.  I've been back and forth since space is an issue, and I'm already collecting the Marvel Universe stuff, but I'm planning on picking up some of the new ones - but maybe not all.  I am glad to see the line return though.  Universe is much more display-friendly (and has really been on a roll lately after a rough first few waves), but there's something about that detail in the Legends figures.  Some of the old Toy Biz ones are still some of my favorite figures.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3341 on: January 10, 2012, 03:04 PM »
I've really only picked up the Avengers figures from both Legends and Marvel Universe, but I've expanded that over the years to include a few characters from the old days or who have just had regular involvement with the team.  I wouldn't normally call Captain Marvel, Hulk, or Beast part of the Avengers, but I picked them up anyway.  I've spent a good deal of ca$h on figures they never made, like Sersei, Crystal, Mockingbird, Starfox, Giant Size Cassie Lang, and Kate Bishop and I have upgrade customs of Tigra and the 80's Black Knight with his winged horse. 

There aren't too many more characters I want to add, but I will still pick up a few of these.  I have a 6" Hall of Armors display for most of the Iron Man figures, so I would probably nab him and the Stealth variant if I like them.  Commander Rogers would be interesting too, though I only include one of each character in my display and not sure I want to replace Cap.  I'd probably snag Thor too - depends on how much I like them when I finally see them.  I certainly wouldn't be opposed to uprading some of my existing characters if they're even better this time around.

Anyone else getting these?  How about the Avengers movie figures?  Much as I like the Avengers, I think I'm going to pass on the movie line.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #3342 on: January 11, 2012, 07:06 PM »
It looks like there's some great ML stuff coming out, and it's awesome to see it coming back. But when did Wolverine get the ******bag tattoos?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3343 on: January 11, 2012, 08:53 PM »
It looks like there's some great ML stuff coming out, and it's awesome to see it coming back. But when did Wolverine get the ******bag tattoos?

That is actually Wolverine's son Daken, who has the d-bag tattoos - but at various points he's been dressed up like Wolverine, so they look pretty similar.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #3344 on: January 12, 2012, 08:45 AM »
Ah, ok. Thanks. I'm just glad it isn't Wolvie.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram