Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 414566 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2011/2012 Marvel Legends
« Reply #3360 on: March 1, 2012, 02:15 PM »
I've been seeing these at TRU and Target for the past couple weeks now.  It is just nice to see Legends back on the pegs again, too bad it isn't at the old prices ;).

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: March 1, 2012, 07:52 PM »
Yeah, didn't this line used to be in the $10 range?  $8.99, $9.99 or close to that?

Target looked to have the best price in town at $14.99...I think Walmart was $15-something.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: March 1, 2012, 08:46 PM »
Yeah Legends used to be more in the $10 range.  I even remember way back when I first started really collecting them (around series 3/4 of the Toy Biz line I believe), and finding them for around $6.88 at WM/Target for awhile.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: March 1, 2012, 10:36 PM »
I remember getting Series 7 figures at Target for $7 around the time that ROTS figures were shipping.  They were about the same price as Star Wars figures, which blew me away given the massive scale AND the BAF figure you got with them.  Those were the good old days.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: March 15, 2012, 09:57 AM »
I picked up an unmasked Dark Wolverine for trade bait; this line looks great.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3365 on: March 15, 2012, 03:05 PM »
I think I saw the remnants of wave 2 at Target today.  They had Bucky Cap x2 and not much else. 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #3366 on: March 15, 2012, 08:55 PM »
Half way done with wave 2 technically if i dont want any variants. Still need Thunderball, Big-Time Spider-Man, Future Foundation Spider-Man, and one of the Madame's (Dont care which one)
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3367 on: March 16, 2012, 07:48 AM »
Half way done with wave 2 technically if i dont want any variants. Still need Thunderball, Big-Time Spider-Man, Future Foundation Spider-Man, and one of the Madame's (Dont care which one)

Anyone have a definitive list of the variants?  I know about Iron Man, but not sure about the others.  I'm only looking to get a few of these, but would consider buying one version over the other depending on what they're offering. 

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: March 16, 2012, 11:47 AM »

Anyone have a definitive list of the variants?  I know about Iron Man, but not sure about the others.  I'm only looking to get a few of these, but would consider buying one version over the other depending on what they're offering.

I don't know if this is a complete list, but I know most of the variants.

Wave 1:

Iron Man - blue version, red/gold version
Steve Rogers - solid shield/clear shield variant
Ghost Rider - blue flame/orange flame variant

Wave 2:

Daken - masked and unmasked
Madame Masque - also a Madame Hydra
Piledriver - Thunderball variant
Spiderman - Big Time green and black version and also Future Foundation white variant

I'm pretty sure that's all of it.  There is a wave 2 BAF Arnim Zola variant with either Zola or Red Skull as the faceplate on the robot.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #3369 on: March 16, 2012, 05:04 PM »
List looks complete. I still need the red ghost rider

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: March 27, 2012, 02:31 PM »
I got my set of Wave 2 figures from BBTS this week (also saw remnants - Drax - at our local Target, so they are getting out there).  Pretty nice wave overall, and I'm really happy with the line so far since its recent return.  This is how my set broke down (as far as what versions):

Spider-Man (Future Foundation)
Madame Masque
Drax
Fantomex
Bucky Cap
Thunderball
Daken (Unmasked)

BAF Arnim Zola

So, I'm still on the lookout for "Big Time" Spidey, Madame Hydra, and Piledriver (don't really care about the masked Dark Wolverine).  Hopefully those versions won't be too tough to find.  From what I recall, there are only three waves planned for the year, so these could be out there for awhile before Wave 3 shows up.  Doesn't seem like a lot, but it is enough for me (especially when collecting other lines).  A nice rounded lineup, and I look forward to more.  It is nice to have Legends back...although I'm already having to pack much of these waves up because I don't have room for them right now ;).

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: March 27, 2012, 02:42 PM »
What do you think about the figures themselves Brian?  I just nabbed the Steve Rogers with energy shield variant off Ebay last week and was looking it over this weekend.  Pretty solid figure with nice detail.  I'm much more impressed with the Legends line this time around vs. when Hasbro first took over.  I'm also a bit surprised as to how these are mostly sold out everywhere I go.  You can tell when a new case comes in because there are 1-2 straggler figures, but I've yet to come across more than 3 or 4 on the pegs.  I wonder if that speaks to the demand for the figures or the success of the BAF concept.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: March 27, 2012, 04:54 PM »
I'm much more impressed with the Legends line this time around vs. when Hasbro first took over.  I'm also a bit surprised as to how these are mostly sold out everywhere I go. 

Yeah almost everywhere I go, they have Klaw and blue Iron Man.  I've caught waves being put out fresh twice, once for Wave 1 and once for Wave 2 and got almost everything I wanted on those 2 occasions.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #3373 on: March 28, 2012, 10:58 PM »
Finished the BAF for wave 2, still need Madame Hydra and Big-Time Spider-Man though.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3374 on: March 29, 2012, 02:01 PM »
What do you think about the figures themselves Brian?

Overall, I think Legends has been pretty good since the "relaunch".  Aside from variants, I've got the first two waves and I don't think any of the figures are necessarily "stinkers".  Hasbro had a bit of a rough start with Legends, but started putting out some very nice figures later on in their initial run, and I think that is continuing here.  They haven't (yet) been rehashing figures that Toy Biz already did so well, and the character selection has had a nice variety.  I'm sure they might want to do their own takes on the big guns eventually, and I'm ok with that too, but it is nice that they are easing into them by doing some new versions first (like Steve Rogers, Bucky Cap, Extremis Iron Man, HA Thor, FF/Big Time Spidey, etc.  I really like the line so far, and I'm glad it is back (even though I don't have the room for them :P).