Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 414468 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Legends
« Reply #3525 on: January 29, 2016, 02:22 PM »
For anyone on the lookout, I found some of the Cap Legends at our local TRU this morning. They had Cap, Whirlwind, Mockingbird, and Cottonmouth. If I hadn't just dropped $100 on Black Series, I might have picked them all up. I have them on preorder at Amazon for the most part, so just grabbed Mockinbird and Cap/Cap Wolf.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: February 17, 2016, 04:36 PM »
I thought the showing at Toy Fair this year was pretty great. Hasbro may have struggled a bit with Legends out of the gate, but they have really been hitting it out of the park lately with this line. The main problem is trying to keep up with all the waves. Looks like a few waves of Cap/Avengers figures, a couple waves of Spidey, plus X-Men and Dr. Strange. Not to mention the exclusive stuff.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: February 17, 2016, 06:28 PM »
Yeah, I was really impressed with what they showed.  I'll be grabbing a few of those X-Men figures for sure.  Great to see movie Scarlet Witch on the way too, though I wish we were getting Quicksilver with her.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: February 26, 2016, 07:24 PM »
Saw what looked like a Walgreen's exclusive Yellow suit Daredevil this afternoon.  I must have missed the news on this.  I'm not a big DD guy, but he looked cool and comes with a Murdock head.  They still had the Black suit Any Man exclusive shelf warming too.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Pongoo

• Jedi Initiate
  • Opener
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: March 9, 2016, 01:48 PM »
Wolf Cap (Red Onslaught wave) are showing up at Targets in Minnesota now.
-Francis

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: March 9, 2016, 05:30 PM »
Wolf Cap (Red Onslaught wave) are showing up at Targets in Minnesota now.

Walmart too.  I found Wolf Cap a few weeks back at the Bloomington Target.  He was the only one there from the wave though, so I assume the rest of the wave is either in back or sold through.

Offline Pongoo

• Jedi Initiate
  • Opener
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: March 10, 2016, 03:19 PM »
Justin, any sightings of the Spidey wave (Absorbing man)? I have not seen a trace of this wave anywhere.
-Francis

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3532 on: March 11, 2016, 01:57 PM »
Justin, any sightings of the Spidey wave (Absorbing man)? I have not seen a trace of this wave anywhere.

The new Blaine Walmart (35W/Lexington) has had a few cases come and go.  I think they still have a few left on the pegs (along with a bunch of Rhino and Allfather waves). 

Pretty sure Beetle, Speed Demon, Pumpkinhead Guy, and some Spideys were left - Spider-Gwen disappears fast...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pongoo

• Jedi Initiate
  • Opener
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: March 14, 2016, 10:36 AM »
Cool! Thanks Jeff, good to know they are coming in now.
-Francis

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: March 14, 2016, 12:59 PM »
I haven't seen them anywhere on the West side...

Offline Pongoo

• Jedi Initiate
  • Opener
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: March 14, 2016, 02:06 PM »
I haven't seen them anywhere on the West side...

Me either!
-Francis

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: May 4, 2016, 01:39 PM »
Stopped at TRU over lunch and found they have all Avengers/Marvel figures buy one get one 40% off.  When they rang up, the cashier was confused about some Marvel promotion that popped up.  I looked it up online and there is supposed to be a $10 Civil War gift card if you spend at least $30.  So I went back in to check.  The manager said there was some problem with the cards, so they offered me 10% off my purchase.  She rerang my receipt and gave me 20% off!  So, I scored two Legends figures for $26.  Happy May the 4th!

Offline Pongoo

• Jedi Initiate
  • Opener
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: May 6, 2016, 11:11 AM »
Stopped at TRU over lunch and found they have all Avengers/Marvel figures buy one get one 40% off.  When they rang up, the cashier was confused about some Marvel promotion that popped up.  I looked it up online and there is supposed to be a $10 Civil War gift card if you spend at least $30.  So I went back in to check.  The manager said there was some problem with the cards, so they offered me 10% off my purchase.  She rerang my receipt and gave me 20% off!  So, I scored two Legends figures for $26.  Happy May the 4th!

Thanks for the tip! I'll swing in there this weekend. I'm hoping it will stack with the 20% off coupon I got in the mail.
-Francis

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: June 7, 2016, 05:20 PM »
If anyone's interested in the upcoming Marvel Legends X-Men figures, EE has the full case on preorder for just $160 with shipping.  Remember to use Jeff's link on the front page, so JD gets a kickback. 

I'm typically just an Avengers guy, but I want most of the figures in this wave (Deadpool, Marvel Girl, Rogue, Kitty, Brown Suit Wolvie.  Even Havok is pretty cool, and I'll find a spot for him since he's an "Uncanny Avenger" these days.  The Juggernaut BAF looks good as well, so with just Iceman and Cable as the "extras" I figured going the full case route was worth it.  Especially given how hard it is to find full sets of ML at retail and the X-Men characters have a history of selling out fast. 

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: July 29, 2016, 08:09 PM »
Found, and bought, the Civil War 3 pack featuring Spider-Man and battle damaged Iron Man and Captain America (with masked and unmasked heads). The paint apps are fantastic! It was pricey at $60 but I recently found an old gift card from Christmas that had about $20 on it, so I got it for a steal.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks