Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 415620 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #360 on: June 21, 2004, 04:07 PM »
Along the same Spidey 2 lines.....have any of you broke down and picked up the 18" superduperultrafantastic-poseable Spider-Man 2 Spidey?  I have seen (several) of these staring back at me at our trips to Wal-Mart and Target, and have been really tempted to pick it up.  It looks like it is around $20-$21 around here, and for what it is, that's not too bad of a deal.  Now I normally wouldn't want to buy a figure this HUGE, but since it is Spidey, I have been thinking about it.  The reviews I have read online are very solid, but I was just wondering if any of you have (or thought about) picked this up.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #361 on: June 21, 2004, 04:44 PM »
Woo hoo, I found Ultimate Rhino this weekend!

Boss! ;D

I don't think I'd want that big Spidey mosnab mentioned. It's just too big.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #362 on: June 21, 2004, 04:49 PM »
Cool find Ben.  It's just nice to find something at retail quickly, or so I find.  I'm happy to have it too, just like to whine and moan a lot (regarding the first version).  

Brian, nope, too big, just like Ben says.  My daughter has a 10" rotocast spidey from the first movie, somewhere, I think.  It's big and this one is bigger.  Better too, but no need/room for it.  Just too much crap ;D
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #363 on: June 23, 2004, 08:41 AM »
TNI.com has put up some pictures (courtesy of Amazon) of Marvel Legends series 7 and 8.  You can check them out HERE.  I know there have been some complaints about it, but I'm kind of looking forward to that Iceman figure, that is one I always wanted to see in ML.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #364 on: June 23, 2004, 10:18 AM »

Awesome...Ice Man still looks a little messed up in the face, hopefully they'll still be changing that as they said they would

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #365 on: June 23, 2004, 10:52 AM »
I know....I've been sticking to X-Men and Spidey figs from the Marvel arena, but that Hawkeye is just really cool looking.  Part of me wishes I would have gotten more from previous waves, and if there wasn't so much Star Wars to collect...I probably would.  Very nice work on that figure.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #366 on: June 23, 2004, 01:26 PM »
Bring 'em on!  I've had some serious ML withdrawal lately.  (Although I did find Blade recently, now if I can get Red Skull, I'll be caught up)

I really like the skeleton look on the body of the original Ghost Rider, plus his bike is cooler than the modern GR released a few series back.

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #367 on: June 23, 2004, 01:34 PM »
General comments.  

I can live with the iceman.  the face is weird, but I could live with it.  Evil Iceman?  

I was hoping for a cloth cape for Storm :-\  That's perhaps unrealistic, but it would have been nicer.

Hawkeye is great, though the shoulder joints become really apparent without paint on them.  the paint app is realistic though.  

Weapon X sucks.  Nice accessory pack in, but it still sucks.  

Apocalypse is mid-stream for me, ok, but not great.  Are they cheaping out on bases now?  

Ghost Rider is ok, the figure is much better than the previous.  The bike looks nice, but I'm completely unfamiliar with that style from the comic books.   ???

S'ok lineup, but I'll remain selective.  I think I'll be patient for a change and wait for these to show up in the north.  I'll presume we should get them, but as per usual, the chase could be tough.  We could also end up getting badly burned by unmoving product.  TRU has next to nothing, Walmart has been stuck with cases that seem to be like the following:
Beast 4
Gambit 4
Punisher 3
Elektra 1
At least that's what I've seen opened.  Absolutely hideous.  

At the same time, the other major retailer, Zellers, made a grand faux pas and re-ordered series II, completely filling the pegs with Namor, Thing, Human Torch.  The only thing really selling is Doom, but I have no problem picking him up at all.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #368 on: June 23, 2004, 02:42 PM »
I know it isn't coming out until almost 2005 probably, but I'm really looking forward to this ML figure:

For some reason, Amazon has him listed at "Dr. Strange" though :P

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Marvel Legends
« Reply #369 on: June 23, 2004, 02:46 PM »
They're all fantastic, as usual.  Storm is probably the best ML female figure yet.  Really looking forward to her and Iceman.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #370 on: June 23, 2004, 03:20 PM »
Doc Oc & Man-Thing looked awesome, I am looking forward to them the most. Iceman is still way messed up.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Marvel Legends
« Reply #371 on: June 24, 2004, 04:54 PM »
I have only picked up the "super-poseable" Spidey from the Spider-Man 2 line so far, but after reading THIS REVIEW over at mwctoys.com, I'm awfully tempted to get this magnet version just for fun.  Some of those poses look pretty cool, the magnets must be fairly strong.  Has anyone picked this figure up yet?

Bsed on the cool looking pictures, I picked this one up at Target last night (on sale for $5.28).  For less than $6, you get a kick-ass uber-articluated Spidey that can be pretty much posed any place in my metal-frame cubilce office.

I highly recommend Magnetic Spidey from Spiderman 2!  Well worth the $6.

It's stuff like this that make me wonder why the vOTC end up at $10, when Spidey kicks 30+ point of Articulation at $6... I know, different license, differnt scale, etc, but DANG!  This Spidey rocks.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #372 on: June 25, 2004, 08:02 AM »
In Target yesterday buying Band of Brothers for a late Father's Day gift and as I always do, stroll down the toy aisle.  Nothing new in the way of Star Wars, ML, or Sportspicks, but all Spider-man 2 figures were on sale for $5 and change.  Picked up the magnetic Spider-man (mainly based on that cool pic Brian posted earlier).  Got home, opened it up and stuck it to the fridge.  Them magnets are strong.

The wife was outside.  I went out to start the grill and told her I left her a present on the fridge.  "Is it flowers?" she asked.  I didn't say anything.  
"What is it?" "It's Spider-man, baby".  She just  ::) and went back to weeding the garden.  Damn women, they just don't understand cool toys.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #373 on: June 25, 2004, 08:58 AM »
I'm hoping to pick up that Magnetic Spidey figure this weekend too if I can find one around town here.  It just looks like a "fun" figure to have, stick on the fridge, whatever.  Thanks for the positive notes on it guys, makes me want to pick it up even more.

Also, TNI has pics up today of the upcoming ML Vision figure (as well as a "transparent" variant).  Looks pretty cool.  Marvel Legends Vision w/Variant
« Last Edit: June 25, 2004, 08:59 AM by mosnab »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #374 on: June 25, 2004, 09:53 AM »
Dang...that Vision has me a droolin'...not so sure I like the look of the clear plastic version though.  I was thinking of Twighlight Frodoish with some added pastel paint instead of see through.  The regular though looks good though and is #2 on my Want list for 2004 behind Hawkeye