Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 410976 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #570 on: October 2, 2004, 08:28 PM »
They've even reached the comic shops up here.  At least the one I talked to was honest: there's sufficient demand on ebay that he'd be crazy to sell it locally - no way he could get that kind of money plus the 20% bonus from US $$.  Sad but true and I don't blame the guy one bit.  I'd be sorely tempted to dump them on ebay as well. 

Rest assured that should they start showing up like the Phoenix did, I'll do what I can to help folks here out.  Apocalypse should look great beside the Archangel figure. 

These are seriously nifty figs, pity about the distribution. 

Oh yeah, if anyone needs a Hobgoblin from the spiderman line, they've shown up again and I see them somewhat frequently on my toy runs.  Openers only please, these cards are not in great shape.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Marvel Legends
« Reply #571 on: October 3, 2004, 08:51 PM »
This kicks the first ML Captain America's ass. Glad I couldn't find the first one, now I can get this one!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #572 on: October 4, 2004, 01:55 PM »
Julius Marx has a feature up on Marvel Legends Wave VII.  Some nice pics included.  I'm going to miss collecting this line, some nice figures coming up.  If only I could grow one of those money trees (or a "space" tree) :P.  I think that Hawkeye figure looks pretty nice.
« Last Edit: October 4, 2004, 01:57 PM by mosnab »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #573 on: October 4, 2004, 02:52 PM »
Thanks for the link Brian, some amazing pictures in there.  To digress immediately, Sandman looks fantastic :o  I so desperately need Amazon to clear that box set.  It still hasn't shown up here at all.  If/when it does, I'll likely grab it and not open it as insurance against a non-clearance. 

The shots of ML 7/8 are great.  The Ghost Rider figure is one I passed on previously, but may have to grab.  I was at a time a big fan (all the way back to the western version - where's my two-gun kid?) but managed to stay away from the first.  Found it interesting that there were no shots of the head transformation chase piece though, is it still a go? 

Apocalypse, Vision and Hawkeye remain must haves for me.  The others not so.  Definitely not needing another Iron Man, I'm satisfied with the classic version. 

Future stuff looks great too, barring the inevitable poor case packs.  I can't complain about my luck though, I've been fortunate with this line, only missing a couple of chase pieces.  Heck, I'm about to mail out three Phoenix today in addition to my own and one I picked up for a buddy locally, so pretty good my luck has been. 

I enjoy this line for the most part, though the scale is room consuming.  Kinda like LOTR stuff.  But boy, for the $$$ relative to size, Hasbro could learn a thing or two.  Especially with perpetual rumblings of raising the price for Ep III.  Hmmm, Marvel Legend or a 3 3/4 SW figure for $1 more?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #574 on: October 5, 2004, 10:25 AM »
Well, this is sort of Marvel related :).  Someone posted this link over at GH, thought I would pass it along here as well.  Spidey reviews Crayola crayons.  I thought it was kind of funny.  If interested, check it out HERE

Staying on topic otherwise, I do agree with you Brent.  I've been thinking about that too, the $$$ value to size issue.  I don't mind paying $4.77-$5 ish for Star Wars figures, and if they'd stay at that price it would be fine and dandy.  If they raise them up again, to around the $7ish range we saw during the Episode I line, I wouldn't be too happy.  The action figure market the way it is now, Hasbro might have a little more trouble getting away with that.  Just so many other lines out there that would be cheaper, and figures that were larger, better articulated, and in some cases better sculpted.  Hopefully they'll stick at $5, although I sure don't mind when they're on sale for $3-$4 like at Target this week too :).  Marvel Legends does seem like a pretty good value to me though, you usually get a lot of figure for your $6 to $7.  Plus, there aren't as many figures per year, so it is easier to keep up.  If I could just stick to one collection, things would be easier :P.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #575 on: October 13, 2004, 08:51 PM »
OK, for those of you living in areas that actually have stores that stock these:
I'm looking for Deadpool, Juggernaut, and both Phoenixes. Any help would be appreciated.

I've decided I really like this line, and want to keep collecting it, though it gets extremely aggrivating.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #576 on: October 13, 2004, 09:24 PM »
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaah, why do you people do this to me. 

I left all of those on the shelf today and I'm headed out of town tomorrow bright and early.  I think I can help you with Phoenix and Deadpool, juggernaut providing someone restocks relatively soon.  Dream on with respect to red Phoenix.  First one's mine. 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #577 on: October 13, 2004, 09:52 PM »
I found one on a site for $70, which I'm seriously contemplating.

I might just get into a bidding war on ebay for one, and become everything I despise. But, whatever.

Edit-- is Canada some kind of Candy Land for toys or something? Or does Toy Biz like you guys better?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2004, 09:53 PM by Clark Griswold »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #578 on: October 13, 2004, 10:10 PM »
Surprise, surprise, surprise!  I was very surprised to see that the Vision turned up on Amazon.com.  So, I wound up ordering one.  Nice to pay retail, even with shipping, isn't it?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #579 on: October 13, 2004, 10:10 PM »
Seems like it on ML 6...I hope its the same for 7 because I really really really really really really want a Hawkeye and a Vision

And I've been reading more and more and more complaints about this line.  How this isn't the same damn thing that happened to MOTU is mind blowing

Companies need to look at The Simpsons line and take a page out of their book, 90% of toy buying right now is done by adults for adults.  I do see kids in the aisles I see them looking at TMNT and Power Rangers and Yu Gi Oh, I rarely ever see kids looking at Marvel or at SW or LOTR.  

Idiots

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Marvel Legends
« Reply #580 on: October 13, 2004, 11:57 PM »
I think toys in general are bought mostly by adults now.  That may be a good or bad thing, I don't know.  What is bad is that TB takes advantage of this with the rare/chase figures, alienating the collectors, and eliminating the people they're selling them too. 

Kids don't buy these.  Say it with me TB: Kids don't buy these.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #581 on: October 14, 2004, 08:37 AM »
Yeah, I don't think I could say I've ever seen kids looking at the Marvel Legends figurse.  Spidey figs, sure, but even that isn't all that often (just during movie times).  Kids don't even seem to be in the "action figure" aisle all that much, usually in the hot wheels/matchbox, Yu-Gi-Oh-Man! card areas.  Occasionally they are in the action figure aisle though, and most of the time they are checking out the following areas:  Power Rangers, Teen Titans, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  Occasionally I see them looking at Star Wars or Batman/Justice League stuff, but that is very, very rare.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #582 on: October 14, 2004, 05:04 PM »
The justification for these crazy case packs is that this is what Wal-Mart wanted and Wal-mart thinks these are for kids.  So in one sense TB is under the thumb of retail.  However, they are pissing off more and more and more people by making this line more and more and more a scalper target.  SW hasn't been one for years...what wrecked it was Episode I and the veritble glut of product on the shelves and the fact that EVERY figure was easy to obtain.  They sold tons and everyone has been scalper free for the most part since (I think a large part of "scalper" claims these days is nothing more than fellow collectors...I digress)

Again, as I've said many times now, Toy Biz needs to look over at the huge gaping hole that is He-Man.org and see what happens when you cater to retail and believe the absolutely absurd notion that your lines are for kids...the day of kiddom at retail is a long dead notion.  Kids aren't buying action figures, they are buying video games

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #583 on: October 15, 2004, 10:05 PM »
Those dirty rat-bastards at Amazon cancelled my Vision order.  ARRRGGHHHH!!!!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #584 on: October 15, 2004, 10:20 PM »
 :) :) :) :) :) ;D ;D ;D

I scored a MOVIE PUNISHER. It was the ONLY  Series VI there at all. It called to me.

Happy Kevin is pleased.

Kevin would have been pleased if he had found a certain Unstopable, or possibly a Deadpool too, but if wishes were fishes, as mother used to say.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...