Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 414174 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1290 on: June 20, 2005, 12:28 PM »
One of our larger retailers is carrying FF figures now (Superstore) and we have a much better case pack than the ones in the US:

Thing x3
Torch x3
Mr. Fantastic x3
Sue x3

Apparently one of each type of Sue in each case :o  I didn't see the all clear version but saw both the phasing and the solid versions earlier today.  Pretty surprising but some of the paint apps were pretty poor, so I left them behind. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1291 on: June 20, 2005, 12:37 PM »
I have the phasing version of the Invisible Woman would like to get the other 2.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1292 on: June 20, 2005, 12:38 PM »
I wish everyone was getting that case ratio. It would make finding Sue much easier.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1293 on: June 20, 2005, 12:58 PM »
I have the phasing version of the Invisible Woman would like to get the other 2.

I neglected to mention the price: $11.95 plus taxes so $13.62 CAD (10.89 USD) :o  I'm happy to help out, but that usually scares people away right off :-\

I wish everyone was getting that case ratio. It would make finding Sue much easier.
  Would make sense, wouldn't it?  Kids could go out, but a whole Fantastic Four and be done right there and then.  Kill the secondary market.  Nah, that would never fly. no buzz if the kids are all happy and collectors aren't screaming for a hard to find figure ::)

BTW, as a cynical side note, if Hasbro is so concerned about the kiddies, why were they marketing the red royal guard as a "chase" figure at C3?  Do kids have the wherewithal to go to ebay and pay well above retail for a figure they're just going to play with anyway?  Ah, nevermind. :P

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1294 on: June 21, 2005, 01:38 PM »
Buzz really is everything, isn't it?  Toy companies are fighting each other so hard in an effort to retain collectors attention and retailer's shelf space.  Chase figures are the way that they snag the collectors. 

As much as I dislike the concept of chase figures, I know that it helps keep the interest going strong.  Case in point.  McFarlane saw a tremendous upsurge in the popularity of their Sports Picks line.  Much of the interest that drove that line was the hunt for chase figures.  Initially McFarlane would offer zero or one chase figures per case.  As the line got hotter the number of chases in a 12 piece case went as high as four per case.  But around the time that started to happen, interest started to wane in the line.  Now McFarlane is going back to fewer chases.

As for the Fantastic Four, I think they'll offer a box set some time in the near future.  At the latest, they'll probably offer something like that in time for the holiday season.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1295 on: June 21, 2005, 01:50 PM »
Legends were on Sale for $3 a piece at Target today :o

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1296 on: June 21, 2005, 02:37 PM »
As much as I dislike the concept of chase figures, I know that it helps keep the interest going strong.  Case in point.  McFarlane saw a tremendous upsurge in the popularity of their Sports Picks line.  Much of the interest that drove that line was the hunt for chase figures.  Initially McFarlane would offer zero or one chase figures per case.  As the line got hotter the number of chases in a 12 piece case went as high as four per case.  But around the time that started to happen, interest started to wane in the line.  Now McFarlane is going back to fewer chases.

At the risk of diverting this away from ML stuff, I think McFarlane has largely committed toyland suicide.  You should see our retailers up here.  They're crammed with everything back to NHL6.  No one buys regulars anymore as they all wait for Walmart to clear them out and everyone refuses to pay retail for a regular unless it's some exceptional circumstance like a Jets Khabibulin.  But the rest of that series is dead and will be for a long time.  Seems a lot of retailers in the US have gone away from the line almost entirely. 

I used to like chase figures, but I think it is ultimately really destructive to the line(s) itself.  Scalpers and collectors alike harass the staff at stores (who really aren't paid well enough to deal with that ****), many just buy up the chase figures (guilty) and then wait for the aforementioned clearance.  It's really quite sad.  I find it unfathomable that toy companies don't understand what does and does not sell and that shortpacks do nothing but hurt retailers. 

Toybiz is awful in Canada, or at least their reseller is.  They open and repack cases, so major retailers get stuck with nothing but peg warmers in large quantities.  It's absurd and the quality control along that aspect is abysmal.  It's really frustrating and driving me ever more towards online resources and into higher end lines like Master Replicas and Gentle Giant.  I'm not unsure that they want me shopping at online places rather than brick and mortar stores, but I'm fairly confident they don't want me stopping with ML, Star Wars and other plastic figures.  They lose my $$ period, not redirect them.  Dumbasses. 

As for FF stuff, I've now been able to find all three versions of Sue, but I don't want that many of her at $13+ a piece.   ::)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1297 on: June 21, 2005, 02:43 PM »
I think as a rule Toy Biz is just bad all around.  Dare I say it, but I think with Marvel Legends "Legendary Riders" series, the line has jumped the shark.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1298 on: June 24, 2005, 02:54 PM »
Picked Hulk for $2.99 at Target.  I think ML is being clearanced to make way for the Sentinel wave.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1299 on: June 24, 2005, 04:31 PM »
I wish I knew the ratio ahead of time on the next series :-\  The chase are ok and I'd be happy to have them, but I don't have a burning need to get them.   I also wish there was a way to predict how easy the entire wave will be to find. 

1st Appearance Spiderman
Cyclops
Angel
Black Panther
Omega Red
Mr. Sinister
Mystique

Are there six or seven pieces to the Sentinel??  If six, who has the duplicate part (please let it be someone I don't want). 

Also, if anyone is not building a Sentinel, lmk what figure you want.  If it's not one I want, then I'll pay for most of your figure just to get that part.  I can live without Black Panther and Omega Red and Spidey if anyone's inclined that way.  Just taking a shot, ya never know.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1300 on: June 24, 2005, 04:34 PM »
I think Mystique and Omega Red are the duplicate parts.  I'm almost certain Mystique is one, not too sure on Omega Red.

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1301 on: June 24, 2005, 05:03 PM »
Well that would be good news, I wouldn't have to spring for Omega Red then. 

At the risk of being repetetive, we've really strayed from the whole concept of Legend here anyway.  Not convinced how we can throw Omega Red into an assortment calling it a Legend before we've received a Kingpin >:(

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1302 on: June 24, 2005, 06:40 PM »
I think it's seven parts.  2 arms, 2 legs, chest, torso, and head. 

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1303 on: June 25, 2005, 06:48 AM »
I think it's seven parts.  2 arms, 2 legs, chest, torso, and head. 

Galactus was because of his huge noggin.  The Sentinal's head is part of the chest, thus only six pieces - arms, legs, torso, chest/head.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1304 on: June 28, 2005, 12:39 PM »
Latest issue of Toyfare is indicating 7 pieces for Sentinel, just to add to the confusion. 

Picked up a clear Invisible Woman today simply because I haven't bought anything yet this week ::)  My daughter's absconded the phasing version and the ability to say no to that is pretty much shot. 

ML/SC wantlist:

1. Kingpin >:(
2. Thanos
3. Psylocke (chase could be the lame first incarnation, pre-ninja)
4. Mary Jane Watson - hey, they've made multiple Lizards, they can make a non-movie version of MJ >:(
5. She-Hulk - thanks for the Select ::)
6. Gwen Stacey - yeah, right.
7. Aunt May - make her a pack in figure like Howard the Duck - she ain't much bigger.
8. Shadowcat - chase figure is pretty obvious
9. Quicksilver
10. Havok
11. Blob - both he and Kingpin could probably use substantial parts of the Juggernaut figure.
12. Wolverine - yeah another ::)

Oh, and I still need a Mysterio if anyone stumbles across one. :-\  And an Abomination if the two packs ever come to retail.