Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 428734 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1740 on: February 12, 2006, 10:13 PM »
Yeah busy weekend out there.  Good stuff abounds.  Thanks for the links Jeff:

Wave 13- Onslaught Build-a-Figure: Green Goblin (Norman Osborn head variant), Blackheart, Lady Deathstrike, Loki (with Crown of Lies variant), Pyro, and Abomination (Melted Face Variant).

Wave 14- Mojo Build-a-Figure: FA Iron Man, Longshot, Luke Cage, Falcon (Modern Variant), Baron Zemo (Melted Face Variant), and Psylocke. (X-Babies will not be in this wave- cost of oil is just slamming the extras this year!)

Wave 15- Modok Build-a-Figure: Beta Ray Bill, Moon Knight, Thor-Buster Armor Iron Man, Spider-Woman ( Black Suit Variant), Wasp (Variant), and Captain Marvel (Kree Variant),

Wal-Mart Exclusive wave- Sentry (Bearded Variant), Captain Britain, Kitty Pride, Ant Man (Scott Lang Variant), Classic Thor, Havok, AOA Sabretooth, AOA Wolverine (Melted Face Variant), and Warbird.

Nothing there we didn't know about, is there?

Just editing and commenting as I go along:

New Goblin looks great, variant is ok only to me.  I'll take it if I can get it, but yet another nice Goblin figure, wow. 

Jigsaw and Mandarin nice.  No Tombstone or any of spidey's family/friends :'(  Yeah, not realistic but still bummed.

FF Classics - Yippee on Kang, Dragon Man and the Invisible Woman is nice, more comic-y than the one already out there :o  Not so keen on all the variants though even if they make a ton of sense for the Skrulls, they'll be a bitch :-\

X-men movie figures look good too, tempting in a bad way :-\ 

Spidey classics - yay on Hydro-man's legs, now I'm pleased.  Spiderhulke I'll pick up for the novelty, it's nicely done, even if it wasn't one of my favorite stories. 
Stealth venom ::)

Shocker's nice, very nice.  What a shock they're releasing Electro as a single figure ::)  Is it possible Hasbro will end this crap of box set figures?  Nah, too easy. 

Peter Parker?  Please tell me that costume peels off or they've done something better than the earlier version, because the head looks better. 

Jack O'lantern :o  Toxin :-\

« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 10:24 PM by Morgbug »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1741 on: February 12, 2006, 11:09 PM »
Build a Figure MODOK is the only real super suprise, and to me that's a great one :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1742 on: February 12, 2006, 11:12 PM »
Huh, I thought we knew about that already. 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1743 on: February 12, 2006, 11:18 PM »
Wave 15 at first was supposed to be a build a QuinnJet wave

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1744 on: February 12, 2006, 11:30 PM »
Oh yeah, that's right :-[  I wouldn't have minded a Quinn Jet.  I'm guessing the end of the toybiz kiboshed that. 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1745 on: February 12, 2006, 11:50 PM »
Can someone (Kevho?) explain who Toxin is?

I knew of Venom back when ML/Spidey Classics started coming out.  I had no idea there was a Venom rip-off called Carnage and again I had no idea there was a Carnage rip-off called Toxin.  To me, that is about as lame as it can get.  No wonder I never got back in to comics :P

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1746 on: February 13, 2006, 10:41 AM »
Lots of good stuff shown.  I'm not too keen on buying figs I already have or don't want to get things I do want (WM Thor and AoA figs, Cap for Baron von Strucker, Hulk for Leader, etc.), but I can deal with it and will try to get rid of them or find people who just want the figures and not necessarily the BAF parts.

I just made a list of what I want and holy ****, there's a lot on it.  I don't think a five shelf bookcase is going to hold everything.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1747 on: February 13, 2006, 11:58 AM »
Yeah, lots of great stuff coming from Marvel this year the way it looks.  I see that TNI has its coverage up as well now, and I've just been going through that.  Just a lot of figure that looks really good to me, and so much that I want to pick up.  Marvel was always just my "secondary/lesser" collecting line, but this year it looks like there's a lot I'd like to pick up.  Like Mikey said, I'm going to have to find more room somewhere for these :).  Its this time of year, when we see all the stuff coming up, where I really have to figure out what I can/want to collect for the year.

Just an update while looking through the pictures....I really like what we're seeing from Spidey classics this year.  The Hobgoblin, which we've seen before, looks great.  Hydroman has legs, so I'm happier with that figure.  I've always kind of wanted a "Peter Parker" figure as well, and the head sculpt looks nice on this one.  Although it stinks for those who have gotten the box set, I'm really glad the "old school" Electro is going to be single packed.  I'm glad to get a Shocker as well, another classic from Spidey's rogues.  A good year for the Spidey Classics line I think, a lot more in the way of villains and not quite as bad with all the Spidey variants.

I like the 2 pack idea too, looks like some good stuff coming there.  At least its a way to get Kingpin out, which I'm really looking forward to.  A lot of the others look nice as well.  The overall Legends line looks great.  I really like a lot of the Wal-Mart wave, and I hope it isn't too tough for people to find.  The bad guys wave is nice, and there's lots of good stuff from 14 and 15 as well.  Like it was said before, if Hasbro changes things next year or discontinues the "Legends" line, they are really going out with a bang.  I think they are covering a lot of people's wishlists the rest of this year, and if Legends/Classics does end, at least in its current form, we can be pretty happy with the whole lineup of figures we've gotten.

Just looking at the X-Men pictures now as well, and there's actually a few figures from this line I wouldn't mind picking up as well.  The new Iceman looks better than the Legends one, and I like the "de-iced" Bobby as well.  Some of the other figures are the "ultimate' versions, but they really don't look too bad.  I might be picking up a few from this line as well.  Too many figures, too little money :P.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 12:13 PM by Brian »

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1748 on: February 13, 2006, 02:31 PM »
Lots of good stuff shown.  I'm not too keen on buying figs I already have or don't want to get things I do want (WM Thor and AoA figs, Cap for Baron von Strucker, Hulk for Leader, etc.), but I can deal with it and will try to get rid of them or find people who just want the figures and not necessarily the BAF parts.

I agree. I'm just going to end up giving the figures I don't want to my little brothers.

I'm glad that Hydro-Man has the detachable legs; I could almost guarantee he would.

Overall, these new figures are getting me very excited. I'm going to get 99% of the Legends, the villians in the FF line, and a few other figures here and there in the X-Men and Spider-Man lines (I collect one of each character, unless I need it for a BAF).
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1749 on: February 14, 2006, 01:53 PM »
I luck out as I have a co-worker whose husband is a big FF and Avengers nut. So he and I sell the spare parts or figures back and forth. He is selling me all the spare parts to Onslaught and Mojo of the openers for those lines, and he is getting all the pieces for Modoc and Giant Man from me. It is a great deal as we don't have a bunch of figures we don't collect sitting around and we still get the BUILD A FIGURE we want.

All this new data from Toy Fair basically contridicts the data on Marvel Legends release in ToyFare 100.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1750 on: February 15, 2006, 12:03 PM »
What does everyone think of this Marvel Legends Icons 12" line that is coming later this year?  I know I definitely don't need another line to collect, but the pics of the figures shown look pretty nice...especially the packaged Captain America.  I might pick up Spidey just to add to that little "focus" area I have, but we'll see beyond that.  It sounds like they are indeed solid figures (not rotocast), and will retail for around $15 from what I have read.  They do look kind of neat.

Wave 1
Captain America
Iron Man
Wolverine

Wave 2
Spider-Man
Venom
Hulk

Pics at the linky (and elsewhere around the net).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1751 on: February 15, 2006, 12:11 PM »
Pass. 

I can see it if you're a huge fan of one in particular or have a focus, as you do Brian.  For me it's just too big and no one I'm particulary dying to have in that scale.  I really like Spidey and I'm a Wolverine fan as well, but I just have no need of those.  At all.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1752 on: February 15, 2006, 12:19 PM »
That's something I was thinking about as well that might hurt these...the size.  I know that is the attraction of the line mainly, since we already have 3 3/4" and 6" scales, but it seems like a problem among many collectors (at least here) is space for display and storage.  Its tough enough finding room for the 6" Legends, let alone a whole lot of 12" figures.  Like I said, I might end up getting Spidey, but I don't have the room (or budget) for much more.  You know, looking at all the different lines at Toy Fair from Marvel/Toy Biz, they are going to have a heck of an aisle presence if these are all at retail.  Marvel Legends, X-Men, Spidey Classics, F4 Classics/Animated, Marvel Legends Showdown, Icons, Figure Factory, MegaMorphs, and Masterworks.  Yikes.  Not to mention Spidey and Friends and "other" lines like that.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1753 on: February 15, 2006, 12:23 PM »
Just ran across this gallery in a link posted in the fwoosh forums, which has a lot of nice pics of the figures shown at Toy Fair from the various lines.  They look more like promo pics, and there are some better looks at some of the figures...if anyone is interested.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1754 on: February 15, 2006, 03:09 PM »
I just had a complaint run through my mind brought on by this statement:

You know, looking at all the different lines at Toy Fair from Marvel/Toy Biz, they are going to have a heck of an aisle presence if these are all at retail.  Marvel Legends, X-Men, Spidey Classics, F4 Classics/Animated, Marvel Legends Showdown, Icons, Figure Factory, MegaMorphs, and Masterworks.

I'm sure it does for you guys down there, but up here, those accursed movie lines kill us.  The Hulk movie figures sold poorly, to say the least and they not only ate up precious retail space at the time they were supposedly "hot" but they completely killed the release of Hulk Classics up here, figures that were far, far nicer and would have sold much better. 

Now we're still sitting on FF movie figures.  We haven't seen or have yet to see the later waves and much like the Hulk movie figures, they are eating precious peg space and aren't moving well enough.  I do think they sold much better than the Hulk figures, probably because it was a better movie with more diverse characters (5 versus 1 in multiple versions) but I have to wonder if our retailers are looking at these figures sitting on the shelves, then looking at an order sheet with more FF figures and going no thanks :-\

I can't blame them if they do, they don't know the difference, they're not collectors, it's simply another line that moved ok, but maybe not well enough.  And that's a pity, if only for me, because I'll have to locate these through the US or annoy friends there yet again.  Couldn't we just release the good characters/line first and then bring on the movie junk? 

The exception to the rule and probably what the retailers always point to is spiderman.  The movie toys sold really well and the regular figures have all pretty much shown up here, with a delay of a month or two, but nothing abnormal for our retail.  I keep wanting to scream at them though That's spiderman, that's different!.  But I suppose the buyers and the sellers don't see that.  And now we're only months away from another release of movie toys.  I just don't see us getting the dominating presence that you guys will.   :-\