Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 414100 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2145 on: October 19, 2006, 12:37 PM »
Ok, I'll keep you both updated.

And just so I don't lose my mind, I'll keep track here:

Brent
Power-man's Mojo piece
Psylocke
Longshot
Baron Zemo
Falcon
FA Iron Man

Scott
Falcon
Baron Zemo
Power-man (minus Mojo piece)
FA Iron Man (minus Mojo piece) - from moi

Mikey
$$$

Scott and Brent, everything accounted for.  Give me a few days to open them all up, boxed and ready to go.  I'm sure you guys are in no rush. 

They were $8.99 each plus 5% tax.  Total per fig = $9.44

Brent's total = $56.64 plus shipping (Scott owes you for whatever you want for Powerman)

Scott's total = $23.88 plus shipping (2 figs plus $5 for my Iron Man and you owe Brent for Power-man).

I'll shoot grand totals with shipping via PM once they're ready to go.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2146 on: October 19, 2006, 12:46 PM »
Sweet.  Thanks kindly.  But you made no mention of the Psylocke variant :P (kidding).  I await the PM. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2147 on: October 19, 2006, 03:40 PM »
Ick on Toxin. Ick Ick Ick!

They made it look horrible. :-X

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2148 on: October 20, 2006, 02:48 PM »
The Fwoosh has some pics up of ML 15 (MODOK).  Apparently these have been found somewhere, so maybe they are on the way as well.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2149 on: October 20, 2006, 08:07 PM »
Sweet. Thanks kindly. But you made no mention of the Psylocke variant :P (kidding). I await the PM.

Has anyone found this variant? I have been looking high and low and haven't seen anything.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2150 on: October 22, 2006, 12:52 PM »
I scored some ML14 pieces yesterday.  I'm just trying to space out the purchases at this point.  I scored Psylocke, Falcon and FA Iron Man so far.  Overall though, the lineup seems kind of weak on character selection.  And looking at the Mojo components, he doesn't seem all that large.  In fact it seems like all the BAF's are moving in a smaller direction.

I also scored one of the X-Men Iceman figures.  I got the regular one and passed on the one with the doo rag.  That just looks ridiculous.  And for the time being I've passed on Nightcrawler and Colossus.  They're better figures than some of the early offerings in this line, but the Marvel Legends version are just so much better.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2151 on: October 22, 2006, 08:21 PM »
I found 14 yesterday. No variants though. Seems like 15 is hitting already, I am more excited for that wave.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2152 on: October 23, 2006, 02:16 PM »
A few possible proto pics have shown up of the Spider-Man 3 figures, according to rumors these are most likely from the new 5" scaled line.  Nothing is confirmed yet, but I believe rumors have been that there will be a 5" movie line with some 6" figures as well (another line or not, I don't know).  I know most people here don't care much for movie figures, but I like to collect the Spidey ones.  Hopefully the entire line won't be shrunk to 5" scale, or if they do, we'll still get "collector versions" of the main characters in the past 6" style.  I guess 5" would be scaled to the Mattel superhero movie figures, but those don't exactly seem to be flying off the shelves the past couple of years :).

SPOILERS present if you don't know the characters in the movie.  Three figures are shown, Spider-Man and two others.  Nothing new or shocking really, but in case you haven't read anything about the movie at all - be warned.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 02:47 PM by Brian »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2153 on: October 23, 2006, 02:35 PM »
To keep this a spoiler-free post, it looks like one of the figures is made from dog ****  :P
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2154 on: October 23, 2006, 02:48 PM »
Ayup.

But a different scale for a line?  Nope, sorry, not buying. 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2155 on: October 23, 2006, 10:33 PM »
Even if they were 6", I'd still pass. I've bought one Spider-Man and a villain from the previous two movies, and I would have liked to do so from 3, but if they're going to be 5", no. (It sounded from a few of the posts in that link that there will be two different lines, but I doubt that.)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2156 on: October 24, 2006, 12:41 PM »
That's kind of what I've been doing too - picking up Spidey and the villains (although I'm hoping to someday go back and pick up Jameson and Mary Jane).  I had hoped to do that with this movie as well.  I've heard rumors of two lines (5" and 6"), but it does seem strange that they would do that.  Unless the 6" figures are some sort of "deluxe" line, or they integrate them into Marvel Legends like the X-Men 3 figures are seeing next year.

On a side note, I was able to stop by TRU this morning and they had wave 14 in stock.  I picked up Luke Cage and the Falcon, and was tempted to get Zemo as well.  I might have to check back and see on that one in another day or so.  I didn't see any of the variants, but I can't say that I've ever seen a Marvel Legends variant on the shelves/pegs here in Nebraska - aside from the Face Off Packs/Icons series.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2157 on: October 24, 2006, 12:56 PM »
ToyNewsI.com has pics up this morning of ML Series 15 (and variants), Series 2 of the Face Offs, the third series of Icons (and variants), and the Ghost Rider Movie Toys

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2158 on: October 24, 2006, 01:36 PM »
Damn, of the two series 2 Face Off packs that I want, both of them I prefer the variants.  Would much rather have the spiffy suit version of Jigsaw and the red maskless version of Mandarin.

I also just pre-ordered a case of the wave 15.  Too many variants in that wave that I want (Destroyer, Genis Capt Marvel and Julia Carpenter Spider-woman), not to mention all the other cool characters.  Being the last Toy Biz wave, distribution might be spotty, so I took a chance.  Now I just have to hope for a variant case.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2159 on: October 24, 2006, 01:47 PM »
I've done the same for the movies, grab a spidey and a villain and would probably do the same for the third movie, but only if the scale is accurate.  

Changing topics slightly, does a Psylocke variant even exist, outside of toyfare pictures?  I checked ebay and sure, some are being sold, but they are pre-sales with no pictures.  Same for already sold items, doesn't seem to exist.  I can find the Zemo and Falcon variants for sale, but not the others.  Curious.  

ML15 looks good.  Wishing the Jigsaw chase figure was the regular :-\  Not interested in the Wolverine/Sabertooth pack.  Mandarin is cool in either version, though the white Iron Man is funky and will undoubtedly cause Scott some grief.  Icons - meh, pass.  

Ghost Rider - invariably there will be much better versions of non-movie ghost riders subsequently released outside the movie line.  These will not, of course, be available at mass retail because the craptasticular movie line will be clogging the pegs ad nauseum in the same fashion as Hulk, Fantastic Four, Superman and just about every other comic book movie franchise has.  The only movie toys I've ever seen sell through reasonably well are the Spiderman toys and those hung on for quite a while too.  Blech. >:(  Matters not to me anyway as I already have a single GR figure and that's enough.  

Thanks for the links Brian.

Mikey,
I can probably lift off the spares you get in your box if you want.  You didn't mention the wasp variations so if you're disinclined, I'd take those.  I guess one of each, so I can BAF ::) if you have them to spare.  If not, no worries.  I might try and track down a case on my own.  Where'd you order from?