Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 409692 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2505 on: February 23, 2007, 05:25 PM »
I agree with what Brent is mentioning in regards to how to set up the waves of figures.  With the Spider-Man line switching to 5" and movie/video game likenesses, just incorporate the villains (Chameleon, Hammerhead, etc.) and supporting characters (MJ, Aunt May, etc.) into the Legends line - little by little.  I know we'll see some complaining if there is too much of that too, but more balanced waves would be good with me too.

With what we've seen of Wave 3 here, I think the figures themselves look pretty nice - but the lineup just isn't that exciting.  Granted, we're not seeing all of the rumored lineup - at least not so far - with 1st App. Cap, Bucky, and X3 Colossus missing (is that right?).  That makes some difference.  Of what we're shown here, I'll probably pick up the Astonishing Cyclops, because I like that version, and possibly Black Knight.  The Marvel Girl looks like a pretty nice figure, but I don't know if I'll pick it up or not.  I read the "Danger" arc in Astonishing, but still could pretty much care less about the character.  If the rest of the rumors for this wave pan out, I'll probably be picking up 3 of the figures or so.

Again, I don't think the quality is necessarily terrible, just the character/lineup makeup is kind of boring to me.  I guess so much was done in ToyBiz's 15 waves (plus Face Offs, box sets, etc.) there really isn't a whole lot left to do that isn't getting way down the list in minor characters or variations of characters.  Like Mikey said, I'm not necessarily all that excited for the same characters in different outfits ("but she has a new hat!"), so that is part of it too.  The list of characters I'd like to see is shorter and shorter now, so maybe it will be time to wrap things up eventually.  That said, I'm still curious to see if these rumored F4 and Spidey BAF waves pan out, because I'd like to see some all new comic versions of the 4, Doom, Mary Jane (if possible), Mole Man, Namor, etc.  I wish we'd get more word on those rumors.  Anyways, nice to see some new stuff, but a bit of a "meh" to me, just because of the character selection shown.

Agree and disagree.  I agree that the latest runs are a bit boring, but I disagree that there isn't anything left for them to do.  Here's a few barn burners I would love to see:

- New Stealth Iron Man
- Tigra
- Black Queen (X-Men villian)
- Mockingbird
- Crystal (Inhumans/Avengers)
- Sersei
- Jack of Hearts
- Red Overcoat Wonderman
- 1st Appearance Wonderman
- Swordsman

And that's almost entirely just from the Avengers.  Its taken us this long just get to a She-Hulk, Yellowjacket, Black Knight, Quicksilver(!)...there's lots yet to make. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2506 on: February 23, 2007, 08:09 PM »
I'd ask for your Brood pieces, but it sounds like we'll be buying the same stuff Mikey.  

3 Angel figures - blue, red and the Apocalypse version
2 Cyclops figures - regular and chase
8756 Wolverine figures, a couple only because Scott sent them too me anyway >:( and a couple because I needed the BAF parts >:(
2 Phoenix figures, red and green  and they even re-released the green figure
2 Beast figures, one with labcoat, one without
2 Magneto figures, one with an open mouth, one closed ::)

The original X-Men line when it came out had Cyclops in it that looked like X-Men (Series vol. 2) #1.

I would offer up my Brood pieces, but I am going to be building the queen too.

DAMN HASBRO!!!
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2507 on: February 23, 2007, 08:28 PM »
Its taken us this long just get to a She-Hulk, Yellowjacket, Black Knight, Quicksilver(!)...there's lots yet to make. 

Oh, I agree, the Marvel Universe as a whole is almost unlimited in character choices.  There are a lot of figures I'd still pick up if they were made (Nova, Tigra, Black Bolt and the Inhumans, USAgent, Cloak and Dagger, Tombstone, Chameleon, Spidey's supporting characters, and more that I can't think of off hand), it just seems like some of the waves so far aren't really as solid all around as the ToyBiz ones were - just because of the character selection.  It is of course all subjective to what people want and are interested in though.  I am really looking forward to Series 2, but for 3 of the 7 figures in the wave.  Same with Series 3, if it all pans out, it will likely be another 3 for 7.  I'm overjoyed to get those three, but it was more common for me to buy entire waves (or close to it) with previous lineups.  This isn't necessarily Hasbro's fault, its just that a lot of the characters have been tapped at this ponit.  You are right though, there is many, many years worth of choices of characters to do yet - its just a matter of how/when/if they do them.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 08:35 PM by Brian »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2508 on: February 24, 2007, 11:53 AM »
It looks like more pics (Cap, X3 Colossus, Hydra Soldier) have been added to the coverage linked above.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2509 on: February 24, 2007, 05:45 PM »
That Colossus piece is horrible. Hasrbo is really messing up this series.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2510 on: February 24, 2007, 05:52 PM »
Well...I\from has been said at Fwoosh, the same sculptors are working on this line that was on the Toy Biz line.  I think part of it is paint...some of the stuff just seems off.  Some of it is the inclusion of X3 crap that nobody really was clamoring for...as far as Series 3, I'll be picking up Bucky, Cap and Black Knight and maybe Cyclops...

And here's who I still want from this line...

Molecule Man

Captain Marvel (Photon)

Klaw

Wrecking Crew (Wrecker, Thunderball, Bulldozer, Piledriver)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 06:00 PM by OCB »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2511 on: February 24, 2007, 06:44 PM »
I was very happy to see The Black Knight in Hasbro's ML case last night.  But I really wish that the sculptors might have tried to get some texture in the chainmail of his armor.  It just isn't there.

As for the 5" Spiderman figures?  I have to admit that I'm somewhat impressed.  I took some pics last night and hopefully I'll get them posted soon, but these looked really sharp.  Whether or not they'll sell is another item entirely.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2512 on: February 24, 2007, 10:25 PM »
As for the 5" Spiderman figures?  I have to admit that I'm somewhat impressed.  I took some pics last night and hopefully I'll get them posted soon, but these looked really sharp.  Whether or not they'll sell is another item entirely.

I've never thought the 5" line won't look good.  It's always been about scale for me and continuation of what I've been buying.  I'd have much preferred the whole line have started as 3.75" so it would have been more manageable.  That said, I couldn't have really cared if the Toybiz ML stuff had been 4", 5" or anything up to about 8" in scale.  I'd have been happy and bought it.  The point has always been that I'm not about to change scale after putting hundreds of dollars into the 6" scale.  If it's economics, so be it, but I just won't buy more figures is all if they aren't going to be in line with what I already have. 

And I don't think Hasbro is incapable of making a good product. But wave 1 sucked whale farts for the most part.  Ok, sure, Beast/Hulk/Hercules were well done.  But the figures I wanted sucked the aforementioned farts.  How does that company put out Marvel Girl looking like that and not be utterly apalled and embarrassed by Emma Frost? 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2513 on: February 24, 2007, 10:26 PM »
Captain Marvel (Photon)

I totally forgot about her - definitely need to get a CM for my Avengers.  I have a custom Kate Bishop (Hawkeye from Young Avengers) on the way and had a custom Cassie made, or I'd be clammoring for those two.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2514 on: February 26, 2007, 01:19 PM »
The figures looked ok on saturday. i am still undecided of the direction i will go but i was blown away by the Pitt figure
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline pakledjim

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2515 on: March 2, 2007, 10:10 PM »
Okay I don't remember a third one, can you refresh my memory?

jiM
traded with:darthmaul94, Big Mac, Captain J Sparrow, starwax137,

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2516 on: March 2, 2007, 10:38 PM »

jiM

Legends series had a regular and variant Angel (Red version and blue version) and the X-Men Toybiz line is I think where the Apocalypse version was released (Dark Blue and Purple suit, metal wings, etc.)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2517 on: March 4, 2007, 04:46 PM »
TRU has an exclusive clear Emma Frost from HLM1. Doesn't look too bad, I will have to try and find one. Rumor has it is only for Canada though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2518 on: March 4, 2007, 05:10 PM »
I haven't seen it yet, but I'll keep my eyes open for it.  Can't look worse than the regular does.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline pakledjim

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2519 on: March 4, 2007, 07:31 PM »

jiM

Legends series had a regular and variant Angel (Red version and blue version) and the X-Men Toybiz line is I think where the Apocalypse version was released (Dark Blue and Purple suit, metal wings, etc.)
Okay, that's the Archangel from X-3 line and not from ML. Only 2 of Angel are from the ML line.

jiM
traded with:darthmaul94, Big Mac, Captain J Sparrow, starwax137,