Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 410854 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2610 on: April 2, 2007, 08:31 PM »

Movies must be a lot more profitable than I think because I'm just shocked Hasbro would shell out that much cash for pegwarm city and a dying toy line :-\

Would it be pegwarm city and dying if ToyBiz was still running the show? 
Yeah...not much left to be made

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2611 on: April 3, 2007, 10:33 AM »
I just saw the next wave of ML at Wally World ...

Must say the Thor is the best of the lot. The Quicksilver is not too bad.

I was yet again, disappointed in the Wolverine. The expression and face itself were just terrible.

But the wave itself is not too too bad. I do like the Thor.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2612 on: April 4, 2007, 09:35 AM »
Since these are being sold under the "Marvel Legends" banner, I thought I would post this here.  It looks like Hasbro is continuing on after the Spider-man 3 3" Titanium figures with some "Marvel Legends" versions.  You can take a look at Hawkeye, Hulk, and Wolverine HERE, and I see they have a look at some Fantastic Four ones (Doom, Torch, Thing) right over HERE.  I don't know if anyone is interested in these, but I thought I would pass them along just in case.

I don't know how popular these are, but I do think that the 3" scale ($5-6 price point) might be a better bet than the larger scale Titanium figures.  Those seemed to tank with Star Wars, so I was kind of surprised to see them continue with the Marvel ones.  I don't see those doing the greatest either, since $15-16 is a little high for most people. I did pick up the Spidey one, and it is nice, but I couldn't go any further than that at those prices.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2007, 09:38 AM by Brian »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2613 on: April 4, 2007, 09:37 AM »
No interest in those.

The next Zombie in the Select line was announced. Hulk
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2614 on: April 4, 2007, 02:01 PM »
Has anyone seen the Marvel Legends Showdown on clearance at KB?  My KB closed a few years back and I could use some help in completing my set.  Please PM me if you can help.  Thanks in advance.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2615 on: April 4, 2007, 03:08 PM »
Last place I saw those on clearance was Target after the holidays.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2616 on: April 4, 2007, 05:16 PM »
Has anyone seen the Marvel Legends Showdown on clearance at KB?  My KB closed a few years back and I could use some help in completing my set.  Please PM me if you can help.  Thanks in advance.

A better question would be: "Has anyone seen a KB Toy Store on clearance?"  I don't think we have any KB's left in Minnesota.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2617 on: April 4, 2007, 06:43 PM »

A better question would be: "Has anyone seen a KB Toy Store on clearance?"  I don't think we have any KB's left in Minnesota.

Albertville & NorthField Outlet malls.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2618 on: April 4, 2007, 09:36 PM »

Do the outlets carry the same stuff as a normal KB? I thought these were filled with stuff that even KB couldn't get rid of?
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2619 on: April 4, 2007, 09:39 PM »
I'd probably only buy Tigra and Black Bolt but only if they were making more of the Inhumans.  Not much else in the top 50 I'd even buy:

01. Black Bolt
06. Tigra
14. Ultron - classic version
23. Enchantress
31. Wrecker
42. US Agent 
47. Arnim Zola

And as I've said before...I really don't care that much anymore.  I've gotten pretty much every single last thing I ever wanted out of this line.  We're in gravy territory. 

Movies must be a lot more profitable than I think because I'm just shocked Hasbro would shell out that much cash for pegwarm city and a dying toy line :-\

I have a guy from Fwoosh making me a custom Tigra and Mockingbird, so I'll post pics on here when I get them.  He made me a sweet custom Kate Bishop last month - top quality stuff.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2620 on: April 4, 2007, 09:57 PM »

Do the outlets carry the same stuff as a normal KB? I thought these were filled with stuff that even KB couldn't get rid of?

I wouldn't waste my time going out to Albertville.  We stopped there on the way back from Minneapolis last year and it sucked big. 

Canadian TRUs got in the diamond Emma Frost and promptly jacked the price up to $14.99 before taxes ::)  I'll confess this version looks better than the regular, but it's still wearing a diaper and I just can't get past that. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2621 on: April 5, 2007, 08:36 AM »

I wouldn't waste my time going out to Albertville.  We stopped there on the way back from Minneapolis last year and it sucked big. 

Canadian TRUs got in the diamond Emma Frost and promptly jacked the price up to $14.99 before taxes ::)  I'll confess this version looks better than the regular, but it's still wearing a diaper and I just can't get past that. 

I couldn't tell you that last time I was in a KB Toy Store and purchased something let alone walked out of it thinking that the store was nice here in Minnesota. They have all sucked.

I prefer the Marvel Select Emma Frost over the former WWF Wrestler Chyna (Jonnie Lauer) inspired Hasbro Emma Frost. I hope that the Rachel Summers in Series 3 is more feminine looking.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2622 on: April 5, 2007, 09:01 AM »
I prefer the Marvel Select Emma Frost over the former WWF Wrestler Chyna (Jonnie Lauer) inspired Hasbro Emma Frost. I hope that the Rachel Summers in Series 3 is more feminine looking.

Amen to that.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2623 on: April 6, 2007, 11:35 AM »
Just as a heads up to anyone who is interested - I stopped by Wal-Mart this morning, and found they had put out HML Wave 2.  They had the entire wave, one of each, on the pegs.  I picked up She-Hulk, Yellowjacket, and Quicksilver.  Just thought I would let everyone know, because if they have hit here in Nebraska, I'm sure they will be all over shortly if not already.  The spending spree continues... ::)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2624 on: April 6, 2007, 11:27 PM »
Anyone finding the variant HML2 figs? (Green Quicksilver/Gold Yellowjacket)  Just wondering if each case has variants or will these be more difficult to find.