Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 410930 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2790 on: July 23, 2007, 01:27 PM »
I'm counting on HTS.com for SDCC stuff too.  As for the Shulkie, the new figure isn't that stellar, but jeez, two She-Hulk figures?  Heaven, baby. 

The Hulk figures don't really do that much for me and it's to the point where I'm really concerned about retail up here these days.  I doubt those will make it here; the last waves of Hulk toys didn't either. And I don't mean the movie toys, lots of those were here :'(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2791 on: July 23, 2007, 01:32 PM »
I'm really curious what the future will hold for Hasbro Legends.  Sure, there are tons of Marvel characters yet to be made, but realistically a lot of the big or even semi-big names are done (some several times).  Looking at this Hulk wave, we're starting to get multiple Hulks in one wave, and one looks to possibly be an artist-specific version (I think the "normal" Hulk might be based on Ed McGuiness' work).  The Spidey movie wave contains past figures/redos, and the Fantastic Four wave - if true - will have new versions of those four and others as well (although we still haven't necessarily gotten a great comic-based F4 yet).

We also have another Cyclops on the way, and 1st App. figures of other big names like Cap and Daredevil.  It will just be curious to see where the line can go from here.  Will they continue on and continue to sprinkle in re-dos of the big guns, or will the line slowly fade out?  Like I've said before, as much as I enjoy Legends, my collection does feel pretty complete at this point.  There's always other figures I'd like to see made, but there's a part of me that could stand to save the money and/or move onto something else (or both).  Hopefully we'll get a better peek at the future at Comic Con.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2792 on: July 23, 2007, 03:22 PM »
I'm really curious what the future will hold for Hasbro Legends. 

I've givent his some thought as well. I hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but I wonder how much this line will start tying into the Civil War and falloout of these events.  Seems to me like the whooooole thing is one big marketing campaign.  You have old heroes that have been or will be revamped into new costumes (Punisher, Arachne, Thor, Spiderman, Hawkeye?, Scarlet Witch?) and a plethora of new heroes coming on board (The Order, Ronin, Omega Flight, Gauntlet, All the kids in training at The Initiative, etc.).

With the Hulk wave sporting some of the more recent comic characters, I'm wondering if this is the vision they have for the action figure line as well...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2793 on: July 23, 2007, 03:44 PM »
I could see more of a movement towards "modern" figures as well.  We've already seen that to an extent with the Astonishing X-Men characters that we've gotten/are getting.  I could see them tapping into newer characters like Winter Soldier, The Order, the Initiative, etc. just because it opens up the line to a lot more options.  Like I said, there are still a lot of older established characters left to do, but they might want to use some of these current characters that are visible in the current media, whether its comics or toons/movies.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2794 on: July 23, 2007, 04:09 PM »
I think that might actually be a smart idea on their part.  I understand any frustration anyone may have with that shift because it probably means the same to me: I'm not buying many more figures.  But for the sake of the future of the line, I think bringing on new characters might be better than giving us Thor #5 next week. 

I don't know that I'd accept them being called Legends, but we probably worked that debate to death back around series 3 or so.  I've accepted Legends more as a marketing tool than a representation of what the characters really are. 

As for the new comics, I've not followed one sentence of the Civil War storyline, so I'd be totally lost as to who or what anyone is, meaning I'd be unlikely to buy any more figures anyway.  So that shift really won't affect me all that much anyway. 

I'm just more frustrated at how slow the whole process seems to be going.  There's usually stuff I'm trying to get and while things always show up later up here, at least they show up.  Now they're barely showing up stateside and are totally non-existent here.  Financially it's been fantastic though.  At brick and mortar stores since about mid-June I've all but stopped driving to any stores and all I've bought is one McFarlane Simpsons figure and the CW bustups set.  That's it (well, maybe a hot wheel or two) and it's been kind of nice to not be paying for anything out of pocket.  If I could get the online habits to go that way too it would be great.   ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2795 on: July 23, 2007, 09:35 PM »
I think its a good idea. I am very happy with the planet hulk figures and am hoping for annihilatio figures as well as civil war figures.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2796 on: July 24, 2007, 08:17 AM »
I think the Planet Hulk is the only one I really wanted and never found.  :'(

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2797 on: July 25, 2007, 10:25 PM »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2798 on: July 25, 2007, 10:27 PM »
The fanatstic four wave is incredbile. Surfer looks awesome. I am also very happy to be getting Black Bolt and Nova.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2799 on: July 26, 2007, 12:14 AM »
I love that Tim Bradstreet Punisher. That and the FF Legends stuff make me rethink my decision to not buy Marvel toys anymore.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2800 on: July 26, 2007, 08:43 AM »
The FF wave looks great.  It'll finally be nice to replace the movie Alba IW with a more comic accurate one.  MF looks much better than the wave 5 one.  I just wish Johnny was the full flamed on version.  No complaints on the rest.

Tigra, Black Bolt and Nova are definites.  Still unsure if I'll track down the parts from the other three to complete Holocaust.

Can't wait to see pics of Foom and Hulk wave 1.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2801 on: July 26, 2007, 10:03 AM »
These upcoming waves look great.  I thought I might be able to cut back on these a bit, and shift some focus/money towards G.I. Joe, but now I have to figure out how to do both.  After seeing the F4 lineup, I think I'll be getting that whole wave if possible.  The other waves look good too.  I think the Spider-Man movie wave, although not qutie as exciting, does look better than previous pictures in some aspects.  I know that it won't be real popular with collectors most likely, but I think I'll likely pick up the "new" figures, to keep a nice 6" scale movie display going for the Spidey movies.  Wave 4 looks nice as well, and I can't wait to get Black Bolt, as well as Nova, Tigra, and possibly Astonishing Beast.  Not too bad.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2802 on: July 26, 2007, 10:17 AM »
Just looking at some more coverage of Hasbro's Marvel stuff, and noticed these pictures of Face Off/Team Up packs.  I can't tell the scale (doesn't look 6"), but it is under the "Marvel Heroes" banner - they could be Superhero Showdown size (or rehashes) or maybe 5" - maybe you guys can tell better than I can.  They show Black Spidey/Doc Ock, Daredevil/Punisher, and Beast/Cyclops.  There seems to be a cardback visible showing some others, including Spidey/Goblin, Hulk/Iron Man, and Cap/someone.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 10:18 AM by Brian »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2803 on: July 26, 2007, 10:18 AM »
They look showdown size to me, pass. I cant wait to see the FFF wave.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2804 on: July 26, 2007, 01:29 PM »
They look showdown size to me, pass. I cant wait to see the FFF wave.

I'd guess showdown size as well, but difficult to tell.  Not sure if Cap/Hulk/Iron Man are in the lineup - they're just pictured on the front graphic from what I can see.  Pass.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today