Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 410932 times)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2805 on: July 26, 2007, 02:14 PM »
The Spidey wave looks even better. Venom looks more bluish-black now (As opposed to purple). I'll probably nab the Spiderman 2 "Classic" Spidey, as I still don't have a proper Spidey in my ML/Marvel collection.

As for the FF wave, I'll probably just get the Surfer.

Punisher and FA Daredevil are the only things that interest me in Wave 4.

Nothing interests me in the Hulk wave.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2806 on: July 27, 2007, 09:06 AM »
Taking a look at these pics, it looks like "2 packs" might be returning, one way or the other.  These show packs featuring Cable/Marvel Girl and Cannonball/Domino.  They are in packaging similar to the WM exclusive Silver Surfer that was just out this summer.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2807 on: July 27, 2007, 09:55 AM »
I like the two pack idea, though I'm not too excited about any of those figures.  The Cannonball/Domino pairing makes some sense, but why Marvel Girl and Cable? 

Anyone see the Green Icons Phoenix in the last few pics?  I assume there is a red version with a Green variant?  :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2808 on: July 27, 2007, 10:13 AM »
When I first saw the Red Phoenix I was hoping it was a normal scale... guess not...

:'(

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2809 on: July 27, 2007, 10:31 AM »
The Cannonball/Domino pairing makes some sense, but why Marvel Girl and Cable? 

She could be considered his mother.  Technically, Madeline Pryor is Cable's mother, but since Maddy is a clone of Jean, close enough.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2810 on: July 27, 2007, 11:00 AM »
There's a run-down of the Marvel Q and A with Hasbro at Action Figure Insider.  It sounds like Wave 4 will be the first 2008 wave, and the F4 wave is due in October.  They also mentioned that characters like Shang-Chi, 1st App. Storm, and more Inhumans are on the way in the future.  It also sounds like Hasbro has been discussing 6" scale, articulated Star Wars figures in the Legends style, according to this Q and A.  Yikes, this could be interesting if we'd have two Star Wars lines/scales out at once.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 11:00 AM by Brian »

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2811 on: July 27, 2007, 11:02 AM »
There's a run-down of the Marvel Q and A with Hasbro at Action Figure Insider.  It sounds like Wave 4 will be the first 2008 wave, and the F4 wave is due in October.  They also mentioned that characters like Shang-Chi, 1st App. Storm, and more Inhumans are on the way in the future.  It also sounds like Hasbro has been discussing 6" scale, articulated Star Wars figures in the Legends style, according to this Q and A.  Yikes, this could be interesting if we'd have two Star Wars lines/scales out at once.

Based on the comics ?  ::)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2812 on: July 27, 2007, 01:03 PM »

She could be considered his mother.  Technically, Madeline Pryor is Cable's mother, but since Maddy is a clone of Jean, close enough.

I get the remote connection, but still seems like an odd pairing to me.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2813 on: July 27, 2007, 01:20 PM »

Where are all my Inferno based figures from this line anyway? >:(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2814 on: July 30, 2007, 10:35 AM »
So what did everyone think of what Hasbro displayed/previewed for the Marvel lines at Comic Con?  There seems to be a lot of neat stuff on the way, although I know Hasbro is great at taking "press shots" with their lighting and such.  I have to admit, a part of me was kind of hoping I'd be able to cut back on this area of collecting - just because I'm trying to spend less overall, but at the same time there seems to be more and more nice lines that I'm interested in.  I think I'll be picking up the entire Fantastic Four wave, probably a few of the "new" figures from the Spidey wave, and then three or so from that first 2008 wave.  I keep thinking this, but then I should be close to having everything I want from the line.  There might be more figures here and there, but for the most part, things would be covered.  I never got the first version of Doom or Namor, and we didn't get a stellar "comic" version of the 4, so that wave holds a lot of figures I'd like to get.  Otherwise, I think I have pretty good version of all the main Marvel characters from the previous releases/Face Off packs.

The Icons stuff on the way looks kind of neat.  I always thought the ToyBiz ones looked nice too, and it would probably be a fun line to collect if you weren't picking up anything else - due to the space and everything.  It looks like those Face Off/Team Up packs we saw at Comic Con are little to no articulation PVC type figures, I think maybe similar to those smaller plastic figures WM had for like $1 or so a year back or so.  It is good to see that the two packs are returning in some capacity - although neither of the ones interest me personally, it seems to be a good way to get some lesser known characters that some people might be after.  Anyways, lots of Marvel stuff shown this weekend it seems, and it looks like the future of the line is strong for the time being.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2815 on: July 30, 2007, 10:48 AM »
The Comic Con exclusive Stan Lee and She Hulk are currently in stock at HTS - get them while you can :).

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2816 on: July 30, 2007, 11:40 AM »
I got my exclusives :)

For the most part i liked what they showed. I love the FF wave. I was hoping to see Fin Fang Foom though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2817 on: August 2, 2007, 09:58 AM »
MarvelousNews has pics up of Wave 4, including the links to the three variants for this wave - Black Bolt (with blue tint), Punisher (with skull painted on face), and Daredevil (red version).  They also have pics of the Spider-man 3 and Fantastic Four waves.  Nothing we haven't seen before really, aside from the Wave 4 variant news.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2818 on: August 3, 2007, 09:09 PM »
When is the Spiderman Movie Legends supposed to come out?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2819 on: August 6, 2007, 12:21 PM »
Not sure when the Spider-Man Movie Legends are scheduled to come out.  I believe it is this year sometime, but I haven't seen anything indicating a month of release (or estimate).

I was looking back over some of our posts around page 180-182 of this thread.  We were discussing the Fwoosh's poll results, what we were interested in, and where the line was headed from there.  Granted, this was at a time of all the 5" scale business, and the pegwarming of HML1, so that is where a lot of the discussion was aimed.  I just noticed that of that Fwoosh list of the time, the ones I said I would buy are on the way late this year or early next year (aside from all the Spidey supporting cast I'd still like to see).  I was wondering, has anyone's opinions on the line's future changed now?  Is there still a lot you would like to see?  I didn't think I would be re-buying any characters we already had, but now that we've seen the F4 wave, I think I'll be picking up the Four, Surfer, Doom, etc. since they look better than many previous versions.  I can't decide if I'd do that very often otherwise though.  I'm pretty happy with main characters like Cap, Hulk, DD, etc. from the Face Off packs, and we've seen a lot of other great stuff from the ToyBiz years.

Anyways, long questions short, how do you feel about the future of the line now?  Is it still on its last legs, or does it have a lot of life left in it?  Are you interested in resculpts, or just new figures?  With Mattel finally getting the DCU license, and they look like they have a decent line on the way (depending on distribution/case packs) - Marvel Legends might face more competition in the aisles.  There might be a bit of an advantage for DC too, seeing as they haven't had their "big guns" at retail yet (aside from Bats/Supes) - where Marvel is getting more to gravy portion of their line, with resculpts/new versions of main characters coming in.  Anyways, just curious how everyone felt about the line at this point, after seeing what SDCC had to offer.