Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 410852 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2835 on: August 21, 2007, 04:03 PM »
MarvelousNews has some carded and loose pics of Wave 3 of Hasbro Marvel Legends up now.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2836 on: August 21, 2007, 04:23 PM »
MarvelousNews has some carded and loose pics of Wave 3 of Hasbro Marvel Legends up now.

Thanks Brian.  About all I can come up with is oh boy  :-\  I'm not all that convinced those look great.  The facial sculpts/paint on a number are kinda wave 1-ish. 

And one figure is missing but I can't remember what it is?  The head for the Alien Brood Queen isn't there.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2837 on: August 21, 2007, 04:36 PM »
Yeah, I noticed that Astonishing Cyclops and I believe Danger (from Ast. X-Men) don't seem to be shown.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2838 on: August 21, 2007, 05:21 PM »
Oh, two figures missing :(  Bummer, more to get the BAF. 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2839 on: August 21, 2007, 09:58 PM »
There is no reason why the Brood queen should be a BAF. Its too small. It could have been split between 3 or 4 figures at the most, not eight.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2840 on: August 22, 2007, 09:13 AM »
Oh, I don't know if anyone is interested, but the Marvel Stamps are available at the USPS store, forgot to mention it earlier (I think they first went up around Comic Con).  I picked up a set, just for the heck of it.  I've never been a stamp collector necessarily, but I now have sheets for the Star Wars, Marvel, and DC sets.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2841 on: August 30, 2007, 12:50 PM »
10th Anniversary issue of Toyfare arrived up here finally (probably a month behind you folks) but I noted that there are adds for ML3 and the green Quicksilver is one of the top 10 figs.  Anyone find any variants from ML2 or any sign of ML3 anywhere at all?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2842 on: August 30, 2007, 12:56 PM »
Nothing around here for either Brent.  I have seen HML2 on the shelves a little more often (mostly at Target), but I haven't spotted any variants or any sign of HML3.  Our local TRU still has no Hasbro Legends on the pegs at all, aside from the Silver Wolvie/Clear Emma Frost exclusives.  They either sold out of the HML1 they had, or sent them back (as I think was rumored some places).  I did see some online stores had "expected dates" for the Fantastic Four wave in September, I wonder if that will be true.  I'm really looking forward to that wave, but I think I want them all, so I'm not looking forward to the crunch on the wallet.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2843 on: August 30, 2007, 01:46 PM »

-I'm pretty much assured that Marvel Legends will die in Canada with the first wave.  It started out with only Walmart getting in bizarre cases with Planet Hulk and Beast only. It progressed to some actual regular cases coming in with the other figures, though still too many of Beast/Hulk.  Today I saw more figures from a single wave of Marvel Legends than I have ever seen in the whole run of the line :o  TRU must have dropped about six cases into a wire basket and another two on the pegs.  Superstore, which carries no toys after Christmas put out cases of them. Walmart had them stacked like they were McFarlane hockey figures :o >:(
It is insane, these will never, ever sell.  I can't imagine these being anything but mass clearanced at $5 by spring and we won't see any re-orders after that.  The only place that might carry them would be TRU, but their policy of not marking stuff down will burn them hard yet again, so they'll be clogged with these forever. 

So....does six months qualify as forever?  I can still find every single Hasbro ML figure out there, including both versions of Hulk and Iron Man.  I think they've been on pegs now in total for closer to 10 motnhs, if not longer.  And no, no retailer has marked them down, aside from a short sale at TRU some time back in April or something. 

No ML2 here at all other than two comic stores.  You guys don't have much at all either.  So tell me again why Hasbro bought this license?  Was it because they were annoyed that another manufacturer was stealing money that should have rightfully been theirs?  Or was it because they really don't like superheroes from the Marvel Universe and they wanted to stop seeing those toys on the shelf/pegs?

I didn't think anyone could be as bad as Mattel.  Turns out I was wrong.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2844 on: August 30, 2007, 01:51 PM »
I haven't seen or heard of any variants being released yet.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2845 on: August 30, 2007, 04:22 PM »
So tell me again why Hasbro bought this license? 

Because they wanted to get thier hands on the Marvel Movie Money lines - Spidey3, Spidey 4, Iron Man, New Hulk, FF2, FF3, etc etc etc.  I don't think they really wanted the Legends line.  I simply think it was a way for them to get some stuff out in between movies and a cheaper way to ramp up the lines/team/sculptors for the movie stuff.  No coincedence that they started putting movie figures right into this line, eh?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2846 on: August 30, 2007, 04:40 PM »
Yeah, I think you hit the nail on the head Jeff.  When the announcement was made that Hasbro had the Marvel license, they basically just mentioned the movie stuff.  Even though it seems like most to all of it pegwarms like crazy, it must do business for these companies.  It might be a combination of the line being so expansive already, and the way things have been handled lately, but right now I'm cooling a bit on the Legends line.  I'm excited for some of the stuff that's on the way this year (and in Wave 4), but I might just finish out this year and be done with them.  I'd still pick up any key figures (mainly Spidey-related) that they would release, but I think I'm pretty happy with what I have otherwise.

I mentioned it in that thread, but I'm kind of excited with the setup for the upcoming DC Universe Classics line (although we'll see how distribution is).  Knowing going in that there will be 5 waves with 5 figures per wave (and a BAF) is nice and straight forward, and not too much to keep track of.  I hope to collect those next year (alongside Star Wars and Indy), and that makes it a good time for the Marvel figures to be winding down for me.  I'll still display them proudly, but there isn't a lot left that hasn't been made - like we've said before, its all gravy at this point.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2847 on: August 30, 2007, 05:16 PM »
Yeah, I'll buy that explanation while noting my disappointment in their treatment of the Legends line.  They can be a good company, but only when they want to it seems.  Toybiz did the line much better service at least in the limited time we've had to compare. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2848 on: August 30, 2007, 05:25 PM »
I just don't get why they announce variants, then don't produce them.  Either don't have listed variations or ship them out along with the regular stuff to get people interested in the line.  Its not like these are major makeovers like Toybiz used to do - they're almost all just repaints.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2849 on: September 4, 2007, 11:21 AM »
Some new carded and loose pics of the F4 wave, from China.  Looks pretty good overall.  I was considering ordering this wave online, but its just so much at once (especially with Star Wars).  Definitely looking forward to Doom and the Surfer though.

The BAF breakdown looks kind of funny - Mr. Fantastic comes with the Hammer, The Thing comes with just the head, and Doom comes with the cape.  The BAF pieces are getting smaller and smaller with these waves - 8 figures to build a normal figure basically, it seems like they're really stretching it out :).
« Last Edit: September 4, 2007, 11:46 AM by Brian »