Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 410971 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2850 on: September 4, 2007, 01:59 PM »
I think that's the point now.  I can't blame Hasbro, Toybiz did a fine job of stretching it out with Giant Man. 

It's a nice wave except for Johnny.  I surely don't need yet ANOTHER Thing either.  I think that will fill my need for Reed though quite nicely.  Sue looks sharp too though I really have no issues with an Alba-ized Sue.  I don't need another Doom since I have both the wave 2 and Doombot versions.  Namor in Speedos is damn sexy and Mole Man rocks.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2851 on: September 4, 2007, 02:47 PM »
I'm trying to figure out what I want to pick up out of this wave as well.  When I first saw it, I figured I'd grab the whole works - but with all the Star Wars spending that's been going on (and coming up), I'm starting to re-evaluate that.  I definitely want Doom and Namor, since I'm missing both (aside from the movie Doom).  I like that new Silver Surfer as well, and Mole Man of course is a new figures so I'd likely get both of those as well.  Then it comes down to the Four themselves.  I currently have the movie versions of Reed, Sue, and Johnny on display with trenchcoat Thing and also have the boxset versions packed away in storage.  I thought about getting these to have true "comic" versions instead of displaying movie versions, but I'm wondering if its really that big of deal to have them on display.  In many ways, they look better anyways (with a comic Thing) - and it would be a nice way to save $40.  I guess we'll see when they hit retail.  Although I wouldn't mind having it, I could live without the Ronan BAF if I had to.

EDIT: I was just looking over those pics again, and on page three of that thread (linked above) there are some loose pics of the entire wave together (and seperate).  They almost seem to look better loose than carded.
« Last Edit: September 4, 2007, 03:03 PM by Brian »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2852 on: September 4, 2007, 07:34 PM »
Brian,
If you're not going for Ronan, I'll buy your BAF parts from you.  It would save me buying Doom and the Silver Surfer at the very least, both of whom I don't need. 

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2853 on: September 4, 2007, 08:21 PM »
I like that Mole Man and the Silver Surfer too. When is this wave supposed to be out?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2854 on: September 4, 2007, 11:42 PM »
I thought someone mentioned Sept/Oct as the release date. 

I'm only going to nab a sue storm if I see her, so if anyone wants my spare Ronin Torso, they are welcome to it.  First come, first served and priority is given to Canadians (just because I feel bad for you not having access to everything we get in the states and I feel the need to pay you back for all of your great beer).
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2855 on: September 4, 2007, 11:46 PM »
Ok, I'll take it then :-*

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2856 on: September 4, 2007, 11:59 PM »
Ok, I'll take it then :-*

Assuming I get one, its yours.  I'll drop it off with Jeff to include in one of his regular shipments.  ;)
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2857 on: September 5, 2007, 09:20 AM »
Brian,
If you're not going for Ronan, I'll buy your BAF parts from you.  It would save me buying Doom and the Silver Surfer at the very least, both of whom I don't need. 

It depends if I decide to pick up the "Four" themselves or not - if I do I'll probably go ahead and BAF, but if not, the extra parts are definitely yours if you want them Brent.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2858 on: September 6, 2007, 06:53 PM »
I ordered a set of the FF figures from my comic shop,  December arrival date apparently for him.  So either I don't need your guys parts or I can sell you just the figures if you like.  Whichever.

Also finally saw wave 2 ML up here this morning.  Not widespread, but they're about.  I've seen a green Quicksilver on ebay from a Canadian seller too, so maybe I'll have a little luck there.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2859 on: September 6, 2007, 07:16 PM »
I ordered a set of the FF figures from my comic shop,  December arrival date apparently for him.  So either I don't need your guys parts or I can sell you just the figures if you like.  Whichever.

Also finally saw wave 2 ML up here this morning.  Not widespread, but they're about.  I've seen a green Quicksilver on ebay from a Canadian seller too, so maybe I'll have a little luck there.

If you want to trade or sell your Sue Storm, I'll take her!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2860 on: September 6, 2007, 10:10 PM »
Yeah, that can work for me.  I'll probably end up liking her ::) so I'll buy a second if I do.  But as long as my Comic Book shop comes through, you'll see her later this year.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2861 on: September 6, 2007, 10:18 PM »
Yeah, that can work for me.  I'll probably end up liking her ::) so I'll buy a second if I do.  But as long as my Comic Book shop comes through, you'll see her later this year.

Sweet!  Those rotten things Jeff always says about you are obviously not true.   ;)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2862 on: September 10, 2007, 11:25 AM »
WIZARD/ToyFare is partnering with Hasbro for a Fan's Choice Poll for the Marvel Legends line.  The winner will be released as a HTS.com exclusive figure.  More details (and prototype images of these figures) at the linky.  Here's the candidiates:

Aurora
Gambit
Lilandra
Magneto
Northstar
Silver Samurai
Storm (1st App.)
Sunfire

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2863 on: September 10, 2007, 11:29 AM »
Can I vote for none of the above...come on!  No Avengers or their main villains? ::)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2864 on: September 10, 2007, 11:41 AM »
Yeah, the lineup does seem decidedly x-based.  I was just looking over the choices and trying to figure out who to vote for.  There isn't any figure there that I absolutely need I guess, although I'm sure each has their fans.  I'm glad we're seeing a poll like this, but the choices do seem fairly narrowed.  It might jsut be, as we've discussed on here before, that we're truly at the "gravy" portion of the Marvel lineup at this point.  That said though, there are a lot of other figures I think that have had more support that could have been in this poll.  Of course, if they have prototype shots of all of these, they're probably all coming at some point.