Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 410816 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2955 on: December 5, 2007, 10:22 AM »
Just got my Fantastic Four set and wow am I impressed with almost all of them.  The only real stinker in the group IMO is Thing, he is way way too small.  But the rest of them are fan-frickin-tastic.  I really love the new Doom, he could use a dry wash of paint to make him a little more real looking but he's still great.  I yoinked out Jessica Alba from my display as well.

I'm trying to figure if I'll buy the rumored Hulk wave or not...probably not, FFF is not high on my gotta have list and most of that wave was newer Hulk canon.

I'd also be up for these themed waves continuing...imagine for instance:

West Coast Avengers:

Hawkeye Resculpt
White Vision
Mockingbird
US Agent
Ultron Rescuplt
Wonderman Resculpt
Scarlet Witch Resculpt
BAF: Mephisto

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2956 on: December 5, 2007, 11:54 AM »
I really liked the F4 wave overall as well.  Something didn't seem quite right with the Thing for me either, so I've still got the earlier one on display (or in front of the new one).  It did allow me to pack away the movie versions of Sue and Reed, and its nice to have an all comic lineup now.  Like Scott mentioned, the only thing missing is perhaps a little more in the way of paint apps, but otherwise its a pretty nice lineup.  Doom is one of my favorite figures of the line, ToyBiz or Hasbro.

You know, as I was rearranging things in our office/collection room this week, I never would have thought I'd have had nearly an entire bookcase dedicated to Marvel figures though when I started out with this line.  I really like them, but I guess I didn't think initially I'd go so nuts with them.  As things are getting fuller in here, I'm already giving thought to who is "essential" and I would like to leave on display if I had to pack some away.  It would be some tough choices as to who are the essential Marvel characters to display.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2957 on: December 5, 2007, 02:33 PM »
West Coast Avengers:

Hawkeye Resculpt
White Vision
Mockingbird
US Agent
Ultron Rescuplt
Wonderman Resculpt
Scarlet Witch Resculpt
BAF: Mephisto

I would buy that entire wave.  Only change I Would make is to have a BAF Erik Johnston AKA Goliath instead of Mephisto.  Or make this the Quinjet wave if they've already done work towards building their jet.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2958 on: December 8, 2007, 08:51 AM »
someone over at fwoosh posted pics of the iron man movie figures. They look ok.

FA Iron Man

War MAchine style

Modern

Removable armor

Iron Monger

« Last Edit: December 8, 2007, 08:55 AM by evenflow »
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2959 on: December 9, 2007, 01:22 PM »
Not bad.  I might actually buy these, but of course I want to see them in person first.  But this begs the question:  when does the movie come out?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2960 on: December 9, 2007, 03:16 PM »
someone over at fwoosh posted pics of the iron man movie figures. They look ok.

FA Iron Man

War MAchine style

Modern

Removable armor

Iron Monger

Not bad.  Not great, but not bad.  Anyone know if these are supposed to be LEgends size or 5" scale?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2961 on: December 9, 2007, 03:39 PM »
They are ML 6 inch scale. Hasbro confirmed it in a podcast over at TNI.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2962 on: December 10, 2007, 09:42 AM »
Those don't look too bad.  The fact that they are in 6" scale, I'll probably pick up at least a couple figures.  I know I'll want to get the Mark 3 (Modern) Iron Man if nothing else, that should fit in with Legends pretty well.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2963 on: December 11, 2007, 09:50 AM »
Someone on the TNI/MarvelousNews forums has posted the results of the ToyFare Fan's Choice Poll, which apparently is posted in this week's issue.  AOA Sunfire is the winner, but here's how they all shook out:

1. AOA Sunfire
2. FA Storm
3. Silver Samurai
4. Magneto
5. Lilandra
6. Gambit
7. Northstar
8. Aurora

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2964 on: December 11, 2007, 11:41 AM »
I wasnt excited about the picks to begin with but i am surprised Silver Samurai didnt win.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2965 on: December 11, 2007, 02:37 PM »
I just read on the Fwoosh that today only HTS has a sale going on if you use the code Marvel50 you will get 50% off all Marvel product (not including exclusives - like Stan Lee/She Hulk).  I think everything else is up for grabs though.  I don't think it includes free shipping, but if anyone's looking to stock up I'm sure its a pretty good deal.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2966 on: December 11, 2007, 03:13 PM »
I believe the free shipping does apply to orders over $50.00...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2967 on: December 11, 2007, 03:17 PM »
I believe the free shipping does apply to orders over $50.00...

Oops, yeah, I think you're right CHEWIE.  I was thinking more along the usual 20% off deals that include free shipping, apparently if you have an order under $50, you don't get free shipping.  I haven't ordered myself, but this is just what I've read.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2968 on: December 12, 2007, 10:43 AM »
I was just looking at the latest pics of DCUC Wave 3, and trying to figure out how I'm going to divide up the collecting funds next year between Marvel and DC.  I guess it is good in a way that we've already gotten so many great Marvel figures over the past few years, so hopefully there won't be as much for me to buy going forward.  I also realized that Hasbro is a little behind the game now as far as building excitement.  We've now seen pictures of every single DCUC figure through the first few waves, and all we've seen from Hasbro really is Wave 1 (or 4, depending on how you count them - the Black Bolt wave), and a preview of Spiral from Wave 2.  We're about due for some more pics :P.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2969 on: December 14, 2007, 02:24 PM »
The Hydra soldiers (both versions) are currently available at HTS.  I've no idea if they'll actually ship out the variation or not, but I ordered one of each. 

Not surprisingly the Marvel50 code does not work :'(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.