Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 410845 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3255 on: July 26, 2008, 03:04 PM »
MarvelousNews has pics from the Hasbro booth of the 3 3/4" figures that are on display.  They don't look too bad to me.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3256 on: July 26, 2008, 07:24 PM »
I'm in for a couple of them as it seems they'll be a good scale to go along with the GI Joe figures.  A Joe combat team smoking out the Punisher?  Sure.  Snake Eyes taking on Blade?  Why not.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3257 on: July 26, 2008, 07:45 PM »
I'm glad, I haven't started with Marvel. Though, I'll pick up the 6" movie ones.

This is also good news:
Q: What about Deadpool?
A: Deadpool is one of Hasbro's favorites.

As long as we see 3 3/4" Deadpool, I'm sold. Also with Deadpool in Wolverine, he's bound to come.

Maybe I can do a MUA photonovel, using the Indy nazis & russians as the random bad guys.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 07:45 PM by Artoo »
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3258 on: July 27, 2008, 10:23 PM »
I'll get all of the Avengers at least - maybe more.  These are small and don't take up much space.  Just hope they are priced in line or lower than Star Wars...$10 each is not going to get them into my basket.  Anyone know when they are scheduled to come out?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3259 on: July 28, 2008, 12:40 AM »
I walked out on the Hasbro Marvel panel. They were boring and didnt have much to say.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3260 on: July 28, 2008, 11:56 AM »
So after looking at pics and reading some various summaries at the Fwoosh and other places, what is everyone feeling about the Legends line at this point?  It sounds like it will be scaled down to basically Two Packs only in 2009, and there is some talk about the "end of the life cycle" for the line.  I can see their point, where they've hit all the big names and many of the not so big names in the Marvel Universe.  Sure, there is always more to be made, but I can kind of see why there is more excitement for a line like DCUC that is just starting out.  They're just starting to produce the big guns for their universe, where we've had the Marvel versions for years now.

Anyways, how do you feel about the line at this point?  Ok with it "going away"?  Ready for the 3 3/4" line (although I think many/most of us already have them all in the 6" scale)?  Is there a lot more you'd like to see for this line?  Like I said, there's always more, but if it ends in the next year or two, I feel like we've had a good run.  I still want Brent's Spidey Friends and Family box set idea to come through though. :)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3261 on: July 28, 2008, 01:38 PM »
I never collected many of the 6" ML line but thought they had a really great run both in the character choices and costumes.  The Build a Figure Sentinel still stands guard on my bookshelf and is one of the most awesome toys I've bought (not counting SW, of course  ;) ).

But, having seen all of the major characters done, Hasbro really had two choices; end the line and allow collectors to have a finite set they could work to complete or **** on them and redo all the big names in their own paint/style, duplicating what ToyBiz had already done.  IMO, ending it was the better choice.  I'm sure there were some cool figures that could still be done but we all know that most toy lines like to have at least one or two "names" in each wave to sell it to stores.  They were at a point where it was getting harder to do that and keep it fresh without going back over ground TB covered.

And, again as someone that didn't collect much of the 6" line, I'd like to see a few figures in the 4" scale just because they'd fit in closer with the bulk of the toys that I already own in that scale.  While I mentioned in my previous post that it would be cool having Punisher and a few other characters that could intereact with the Joe collection, I also think it would be cool to have a Wolverine, Cyclops, Rogue (crossing my fingers), and maybe even a Spider-Man that would be more in scale with that Sentinel.

I don't think I'd collect the full line, but I'll almost definitely buy some of my favorite characters, even if they're in a 2-pack with a figure I don't want.  Ideally I'd like a Wolverine, Rogue, Gambit, Spider-Man, Punisher and a couple others...maybe Deadpool and Nick Fury (based on Sam Jackson).

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3262 on: July 28, 2008, 01:47 PM »
I am disappointed in Hasbro. Here are a list of problems I see in no specific order.

1. Way too long getting stuff out.
2. Arrticulation not what Toy Biz had
3. Scall is all off
4. Cost
5. Diversity down
6. Too much required to do a BAF
7. Variant Distribution
8. Product Distribution

Since the switch it has become increasingly easy to stop this collection. I don't even know if I am going to get the Holocaust BAF figure and I have really wanted one of those figures.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3263 on: July 31, 2008, 03:04 AM »
MarvelousNews has pics from the Hasbro booth of the 3 3/4" figures that are on display.  They don't look too bad to me.

Are you kidding?  The Hulk looks ridiculous.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3264 on: July 31, 2008, 01:08 PM »
They all look good besides the Hulks.

I hope we get a seperate villians line, because I'm sure Green Goblin & Bullseye are here because their members of the Thunderbolts (meaning we should also see Gargan Venom soon). The Fury Files website has a little video explaining the line & it's a tie-in to the Skrull Invasion story line going on.

What's Loki been doing the past few years, it's strange he's the only villain in this line.... Atleast I think he is.

I also wonder why Fury himself isn't in the line if he's the main character....  ???
« Last Edit: August 3, 2008, 02:42 AM by Artoo »
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3265 on: August 4, 2008, 09:30 AM »
MarvelousNews has some hi-res pics up of some of the new stuff announced/shown at SDCC:

Marvel Universe (3 3/4" Scale)

Marvel Legends 2 Packs Series 2

WM Exc. Marvel Legends Ares Wave

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3266 on: August 4, 2008, 09:59 AM »
Looking good... gimmer Crossbones !

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3267 on: August 4, 2008, 01:59 PM »
Gaurdian looks okay, but heeds to have some power blasts coming out of his hands or something.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3268 on: August 6, 2008, 06:14 PM »
Anyone still need a Diamond Emma Frost? Found them on sale at TRU for 90 cents.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3269 on: August 6, 2008, 06:30 PM »
MarvelousNews has some hi-res pics up of some of the new stuff announced/shown at SDCC:

Marvel Universe (3 3/4" Scale)

Okay, Iron Man looks good, though a little animated.  But why are we getting ultimate cap instead of reg cap?  Is anyone actually reading ultimates?  Easy enough to customize I guess.  I'm okay with Ronin too I suppose, but would much rather see Clint in the Hawkeye uniform.

Marvel Legends 2 Packs Series 2
Wow.  Sue Storm, Maria Hill, and 80s Iron Man are must haves.

WM Exc. Marvel Legends Ares Wave
UGH. I really only want Ares from this wave!  Not looking to buy all of these others though.  If anyone wants the remaing figs and does not want their BAF pieces, please let me know!
« Last Edit: August 6, 2008, 06:31 PM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today