Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 410867 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #225 on: April 1, 2004, 01:44 AM »
Oh, my gentle Jesus.

http://www.americandreamcomics.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=2994

I'm glad my interest in ML has waned, because this thing would be on the list of things to buy.

;) ;) ;) ;)
« Last Edit: April 1, 2004, 01:45 AM by HMI »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #226 on: April 1, 2004, 06:55 AM »
Not even close to scale and only 104 POA = no sale ;)
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #227 on: April 1, 2004, 12:04 PM »
Thanks for the opinions on the Spideys everyone, the ones mentioned were actually the ones I was thinking about too.  I haven't really kept up on Spidey Classics, is the Parachute one still able to be found in stores?  Maybe I'll take a look this weekend.  That Spidey in the Sinister Six box set looks nice too, I remember some of my comics as a kid having the webbing under the arms like that.  Part of me wants to start getting Spidey's baddies too, but I should probably stay away.  I always said "only X-Men", then "just this one super poseable movie Spidey", now its "well, it would be nice to have a comic version too".  Isn't that always how it goes? (at least with me it does sometimes).  Thanks again everyone for the info.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #228 on: April 1, 2004, 03:05 PM »
Yup, pretty standard modus operandi there.  Just this one....  Famous last words.  

Galactus is mighty tempting.  But $100!  That's my GITDH right there.  Will be an interesting dilemma.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #229 on: April 1, 2004, 03:44 PM »
Along a separate line of thought....

Has anyone tried arranging all the various pieces of the sentinel bases?  Have they given us enough parts to build a 'floor' made out of a sentinel?  Just wondering if they put that much forethought into the process.  Otherwise, why so many Sentinel pieces?

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #230 on: April 2, 2004, 12:44 AM »
Uh guys, that Galactus thing is an April Fool's joke. You can tell by the four little winking dudes- ;) ;) ;) ;)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #231 on: April 2, 2004, 07:05 AM »
Not even close to scale and only 104 POA = no sale  ;)
------------------------------------^

But you'll have to forgive Brent, he's getting senile ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #232 on: April 2, 2004, 10:30 PM »
Not even close to scale and only 104 POA = no sale  ;)
------------------------------------^

But you'll have to forgive Brent, he's getting senile ;)

True dat :-[

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #233 on: April 5, 2004, 10:10 AM »
Thanks for the earlier suggestions on the Spidey figs everyone.  We were out shopping this weekend, and with nothing but Animated Clone Wars figures clogging up the Star Wars pegs, I went ahead and picked up a Parachute Spidey (on sale even!).  This is a great Spidey figure, and its nice to have a "comic" version now to go along with the movie one.  It is so tempting to want to pick up more of Spidey and his villains now though....especially after digging out my old Spidey comics last week :).  Thanks again everyone.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #234 on: April 5, 2004, 12:01 PM »
Well, the obvious for villains is to just wait for the Sinister six pack.  I think the Venom in there looks to be about the best version.  You'd still be missing a few notables though.  Rhino (which I never grabbed up here ::)), Carnage and Hobgoblin.  Green Goblin is in there too and I think (from pics) I like the newer version better.  

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #235 on: April 5, 2004, 12:11 PM »
Yeah, I've been thinking about that box set as well Morgbug.  I know you are a Marvel person as well, have you (or any of you) been collecting the Spidey Classic line throughout?  What are some of your favorites of the line?  Like I said, that box set will be tempting...I also like the looks of the upcoming Marvel Legends Doc Ock, judging by the Toy Fair pictures anyways.  I was always just going to stick to X-figures, and have the one Spidey...but as I read those old comics, etc., it brings back memories of Spidey from my childhood.  Gotta love nostalgia.  Now I'm ready for villains too....but I don't have the room right now anyways.
« Last Edit: April 5, 2004, 12:24 PM by mosnab »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #236 on: April 5, 2004, 12:37 PM »
Yes and no.  I've been collecting all along, but very (too?) selectively.  

I snagged a couple of early Spidey's but not necessarily the one's I want.  I skipped Rhino repeatedly unfortunately, as it is the best done of all the villains to this point, IMO.  I grabbed Hobgoblin and am very pleased with it.  The rest of the villains I've looked at a decided on a case by case basis.  
Morbius - disinterested.  Wanted it, saw it, passed.
Kraven - repeatedly crappy paint jobs, did not pick it up.
Green Goblin - got it, but had I seen pics of the S6 box set, I would have passed.  It's kind of cool, but more modern than I would like.  
Daredevil - no, not a villain, but crappy paint prevented me from picking this up as well.  

None of the other spidey figs did anything for me, in spite of comments here.  I don't need too many spidey's, especially if they don't differ substantially from each other.  I do have the daredevil from series one (both red and yellow) and I'm trying to acquire the black spiderman.  I might snag other spidey figs at some point, but only at below retail pricing, if that can happen.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #237 on: April 5, 2004, 01:23 PM »
I'm with you, I don't really need endless versions of Spidey either.  I'd kind of like to get a black costumed version, but apparently there is another one coming up (according to pics from Toy Fair).  It doesn't sound like I missed out on a whole heck of a lot villain wise...with many coming up in the box set.  I never really had an interest in Morbius either...to be honest I never really knew much about him anyways.  Thanks for your comments Morgbug, its always great to hear some opinions and learn more about these lines.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #238 on: April 5, 2004, 02:53 PM »
I got into this line late.  The first SMC figure I bought was Hobgoblin.  Any villains after that I got (up to Green Goblin, haven't found Carnage yet).  However, I have seen pics of the old SMC villains and my suggestion is wait.  Venom in the box set is a better version, the future Doc Ock ML is the definitive version of that character (the old SMC version is in the box set, slightly modified) and Ultimate Rhino is coming out in one of the new few waves.

As for Spidey figs, I only have the one mentioned before.  The different versions of the classic red and blue outfit don't interest me, so I grabbed the one I felt was the best representation.  I'll probably pick up the new black outfit one when it's released to get that version of the costume and I'm thinking about getting Ben Reilly's version of the costume (even though the clone saga's a real low point in the comics).  

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #239 on: April 5, 2004, 03:11 PM »
... and I'm thinking about getting Ben Reilly's version of the costume (even though the clone saga's a real low point in the comics).  

Quite so.  The clone saga was the ultimate low point for me and was the final straw that drove me out of collecting comics.  I waited a long time through that story line and finally, finally lost patience after buying the comic(s) religiously for about 11 years.