Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 410844 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Legends
« Reply #3585 on: April 18, 2018, 07:11 PM »
Apparently, the Teen Groot, Rocket and Thor 3-pack is a TRU exclusive.  I've heard people on the east coast finding them, but doubt they'll readily available with closings.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3586 on: April 20, 2018, 01:17 PM »
FYI if you missed it - many former TRU exclusives (Vison/Scarlett Witch, Ant-Man/Stinger, Hydra Dude 2-Pack) are going back up for pre-order at on-line shops like EE, BBTS, etc today.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: April 20, 2018, 02:13 PM »
FYI if you missed it - many former TRU exclusives (Vison/Scarlett Witch, Ant-Man/Stinger, Hydra Dude 2-Pack) are going back up for pre-order at on-line shops like EE, BBTS, etc today.

Nice to know they have a new home.  I found Vision & Scarlet Witch at TRU Burnsville yesterday, so the stores that are still open must still be getting a few things from the warehouse.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: May 3, 2018, 05:55 PM »
I think an eBay and Google search answered my question but has there ever been an Ebony Maw figure made before?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: June 7, 2018, 08:15 AM »
I think an eBay and Google search answered my question but has there ever been an Ebony Maw figure made before?

Out of Thanos's crew in Infinity War?  It looks like they've only made Thanos (wave 1 B-A-F), Proxima Midnight, and Cull Obsidian (wave 2 B-A-F)
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: June 13, 2018, 12:10 AM »
Too lazy to find a pic but there's a Gamestop exclusive figure of Spider-Man in the outfit from the new Playstation 4 game on the way
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: June 13, 2018, 07:58 AM »
When is The Thing slated to be released?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: June 14, 2018, 10:24 AM »
When is The Thing slated to be released?

Should be any time now.  There are a few on Ebay, but only from foreigners last I checked.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: August 1, 2018, 02:51 PM »
More great stuff shown at SDCC this year, it really is amazing how much they put out in this line in a year any more.  I was all in on this line for awhile, but with the pace things have been hitting the past few years I've started to get a little more selective. Just not enough room for all of them, not to mention the spending side of things. Great to see Silver Sable on the way, one of my long-time wants. The hover hair Prof X is cool as well. The new Kingpin looks really nice too. I kind of like keeping up on the MCU stuff, and I'll be trying to stick to more "classic" style stuff from the comics, particularly Spidey stuff.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: August 9, 2018, 05:40 PM »
Just out of curiosity, for those of you who actively collect Legends, do you display all (or most) of them? I've always had some packed away but have been considering even more as I redo our office display a bit. It is difficult, because I think most to all of them (especially these days) look great, but it is just so much. I was listening to a podcast this week where they did a bit of a retrospective on the Legends line, and they said that since 2002 we have seen roughly 850 figures. Sheesh! I don't have them all, but definitely well over half.

I've noticed that a lot of the people who used to collect and post here may have dropped out of this line, and maybe this is the reason why. Just so much to manage, as beautiful as they are. What do you do with your Legends, display or no?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: August 13, 2018, 10:08 AM »
Just out of curiosity, for those of you who actively collect Legends, do you display all (or most) of them? I've always had some packed away but have been considering even more as I redo our office display a bit. It is difficult, because I think most to all of them (especially these days) look great, but it is just so much. I was listening to a podcast this week where they did a bit of a retrospective on the Legends line, and they said that since 2002 we have seen roughly 850 figures. Sheesh! I don't have them all, but definitely well over half.

I've noticed that a lot of the people who used to collect and post here may have dropped out of this line, and maybe this is the reason why. Just so much to manage, as beautiful as they are. What do you do with your Legends, display or no?

I have a big 4' by 2' display for a huge Avengers team, then a few smaller displays:
- Marvel Cinema figures (Avengers, Guardians, etc.)
- Marvel vs. DC (Hero's matched up like Batman vs. Cap, Hawkeye vs. Green Arrow, Flash vs. Quicksilver
- Tony Starks Hall of Armors (Stark with 30ish suits all around him, including a "hidden" Ultron

Its probably 80% of my Legends figures and contains around 30 customs of figures I never thought we'd get like Black Knight, Sersi, Crystal, Moondragon, etc. and improvements over others that I found over the years.  I do have a box of "Extras" that I just don't have room to display or to rotate through if I ever get the chance, but it is hard to fit them all somewhere.  I have a bunch of the smaller 3.75" marvel figs on display as well, so would probably have to bag those to make enough room.  I can post some pictures if you're interested in getting some ideas.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: August 16, 2018, 07:51 AM »
Well, apparently the Silver Surfer was listed on Walgreens website a week ago today, and sold out in about 5 minutes. Has never come back into stock and says Not Sold in Stores.

And I thought the interminable delay on The Thing was frustrating!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: August 29, 2018, 02:45 PM »
Picked up the Silver Surfer at Walgreens over lunch! They had three on the shelves.

Incredible figure! So happy for this one!  ;D

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: August 29, 2018, 07:16 PM »
Picked up the Silver Surfer at Walgreens over lunch! They had three on the shelves.

Incredible figure! So happy for this one!  ;D

Awesome! I'll have to take a look around tomorrow. Is the Thing supposed to be coming pretty soon as well? Even though we have gotten versions in the past, I think that is my most anticipated figure this year.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: August 30, 2018, 03:25 PM »
I don't think there is a firm ETA on The Thing but should be this Fall, in time for XMas shopping.

Forgot to mention I also picked up the full 6" GOTG Mantis BAF wave from 5 Below for $5 each yesterday. Went back today and they were almost all cleaned out.