Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 410941 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Legends
« Reply #3615 on: February 18, 2019, 12:42 PM »
Quite a showing at TF this weekend!

Nightcrawler looked great. Nice to see them finally do Peggy Carter too.

The two things I was most interested to see were sadly the most disappointing. Nighthawk looked awful I thought, and I don't know what kind of crazy ass Dr Doom that was, but I was really hoping for the classic version to go with the FF and Surfer.

Is that a Doombot?  I don't follow the FF that much.  I will definitely grab a share of these and I like some of the ideas, but a little overwhelmed with how many 6" figures they're making for Marvel.  Do we really need a Luis from Ant Man or 4 versions of Captain Marvel?  Seemed a little over the top.  I also don't love that they're remaking so many classic figures.  Part me wants the new Hulk, Thor, Spider Woman, Scarlet Witch...but I already have versions of those figures that I don't have room to display.  These new ones make some of my old stuff obsolete.  I'm going to be very choosy with these - if they aren't an upgrade to replace my current versions on display, then I'll pass. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: February 18, 2019, 01:04 PM »
As it always seems with Legends, it all looks pretty great but there is just SO MUCH! I've been very nearly a completist with this line over the years, but it is getting really difficult to keep up and I don't have room to display 2/3 of them anyway. I'll be picking and choosing as well. I usually buy up the Spidey themed waves, and I like to try to keep up with new MCU characters if I can. Otherwise I stick to classic versions, which they have covered a lot of. Like you said, figures like the new Scarlet Witch or Magneto look great, but I already have them too, so we'll see.

Off the top of my head, a few I am excited for are Nightcrawler, Scorpion, Hydro Man, X-Factor Cyclops, Cannonball, Classic Loki, Silver Samurai, and the MCU stuff. Also the Dr Doom shown is a more recent version from the comics where he was more heroic and went by the "Infamous Iron Man" while Tony Stark was down for the count.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: February 18, 2019, 01:10 PM »
There was a time when I was up to speed on Iron Man and would have known that.  I thought Iron Man was a young black woman now, but apparently they over corrected and made him an old white foreign dictator.   ::)
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: February 18, 2019, 03:20 PM »
Love the Spidey and Jim Lee X-Men stuff. Too bad that Magneto set is $60 and I only want Magneto.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: March 4, 2019, 04:39 PM »
Is that a Doombot?  I don't follow the FF that much.  I will definitely grab a share of these and I like some of the ideas, but a little overwhelmed with how many 6" figures they're making for Marvel.  Do we really need a Luis from Ant Man or 4 versions of Captain Marvel?  Seemed a little over the top.  I also don't love that they're remaking so many classic figures.  Part me wants the new Hulk, Thor, Spider Woman, Scarlet Witch...but I already have versions of those figures that I don't have room to display.  These new ones make some of my old stuff obsolete.  I'm going to be very choosy with these - if they aren't an upgrade to replace my current versions on display, then I'll pass.

Yes. Yes we need Luis from Ant-Man. I need Luis from Ant-Man anyway. And at least they paired him with a new character/figure instead of sticking him in with an Ant-Man variant.

As for the number of variants for Captain Marvel...how man Iron Man and Captain America versions are there?

I liked the look of Gambit also, I pre-ordered him and recently picked up Silver Sable, which I love.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3620 on: March 6, 2019, 09:56 AM »
I don't mind several versions of Iron Man.  I have a 3.75" Shelf and a 6" shelf displayed as a Hall of Armors.  Stark made dozens and dozens of differentiated suits, so the more the merrier there.  I do not need 15 Captain America, Thor, Ant Man, Black Widow, or Captain Marvel variations.  I completely redid all of my Marvel displays over the last month and I made room in various places to display figure variations.  One of my shelves is dedicated to just variations of core/favorite Avengers (Thor, Hawk, Cap, Widow, Captain Marvel).  But part of me feels like it would be a lot cleaner/nicer to just have one of each and be done with it. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: July 17, 2019, 10:54 PM »
That diorama at SDCC is freaking epic! I could stare at that thing for hours...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3622 on: July 19, 2019, 11:14 PM »
On the other side of the Star Wars presentation, Marvel Legends hit it out of the park once again. Among other things they announced:

MCU Avengers wave with Endgame Thor BAF
Squirrel Girl with Scooter
Dr Doom
Cosmic Ghost Rider
X-Men 3 pack (Cyclops/Jean/Wolverine)
Polaris/Havok 2 pack
Strong Guy
She Hulk
Shang Chi
Vulture
Morph
Nate Grey
Dani Moonstar

And more....

« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 11:17 PM by Brian »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3623 on: July 21, 2019, 07:39 PM »
They’re getting closer on Doom, but that is still not the classic comic look. Seems more like the later John Byrne version than the Kirby version. Still undecided on this one.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: July 22, 2019, 07:59 PM »
All in on that Wolvy/Jean/Cyclops 3 pack. I should get Vulture for my Spidey collection, but I do like the Ultimate version from the WM 2 pack from a few years ago
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3625 on: August 23, 2019, 08:29 PM »
Alpha Flight boxset!  :o

$109.99 on Amazon right now!  :o :o

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3626 on: August 26, 2019, 10:10 PM »
Went nuts with the GameStop $5 action figure sale...picked up Nighthawk and the whole Capt Marvel wave minus Fury.

Now I have to go find a Fury!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3627 on: October 3, 2019, 07:58 PM »
More Legends revealed at NYCC today, including a Fantastic Four wave and Stan Lee! The Four (modern suits) will be joined by Doom, She Hulk, and TBD figure/BAF. Stan Lee is up for preorder at Target (not sure if Target exclusive). Also shown was parts of a Deadpool wave with DP, Warpath, Sunspot.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3628 on: October 3, 2019, 08:39 PM »
Classic alternate head for Doom demands my money. I can pass on the rest unless the BAF is something insanely cool like a new Annihilus.  :D

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: November 20, 2019, 02:26 PM »
Not sure if anyone is looking, but while at WM looking for Luke/Yoda, I noticed that our local store had (finally) gotten in some of the “worthy” Captain America figures from Endgame. I had never seen one in the wild (and bought one on eBay), and they even rang up for $16.82. Might be worth taking another look if you are interested, an outstanding figure.