Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 410849 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #450 on: July 22, 2004, 04:27 PM »
Finally got them up...strange no Ultimate Cap, Iron Man or Doc Ock, but there is the new Sandman and Strange.  Hmmm, I wonder if this is sort of like last year where they showed the Surfer and nobody else or that Series 8 has been modified some

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #451 on: July 22, 2004, 11:23 PM »
I hear that Doc Oc is now being displayed with 8 and that Dr. Strange will be in 9. Sandman is int he Spider-Man line.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #452 on: July 23, 2004, 12:06 AM »
So Strange IS a tease...same with Sandman.  Weren't more figs shown at Wizard World Chicago then (Doop and Wave 5 I think were)  So we'll probably get to see Wave 9 there and maybe something from 10 at Wizard World

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #453 on: July 23, 2004, 12:10 AM »
I saw a Spiderman Classics 2-pack tonight with Spidey and Doc Ock.  Anybody else seen these?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #454 on: July 23, 2004, 09:13 AM »
It looks like Action-Figure.com has some more pics up of Doctor Strange.  It also mentions that the rest of series 9 won't be announced until Toy Fair of 2005.  He was also told (by Jesse Falcon) that the line will see a "revamp" at that time as well.  I wonder what that means.  Anyways, here's the article and PICS

Edit:  A few more pictures available here, of series 7 and 8.  You can see the Mohawk Storm variant, as well as what looks like modified tentacles for Doc Ock.  That figure looks great.  Too bad these are so far off, Series 6 hasn't even been showing up yet :).  Here's the Other Pics
« Last Edit: July 23, 2004, 09:15 AM by mosnab »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #455 on: July 23, 2004, 10:35 AM »
Toy Fair! >:(  Gah that that is a long, long time to go

Maybe the big change is they'll stop putting Wolverine in every damn Wave

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #456 on: July 23, 2004, 11:14 AM »
I saw a Spiderman Classics 2-pack tonight with Spidey and Doc Ock.  Anybody else seen these?

Not here.  We had some odd two-pack waves show up at TRU, venom was mixed in, maybe even Lizard, but I don't remember now.  

Maybe the big change is they'll stop putting Wolverine in every damn Wave
Amen to that.  Maybe they'll spin off a full X-men classics line so they can get on with Marvel Classics.  

mohawk Storm variant
Pardon my feeble old memory, but this is another thrown into the mix version aside from the regular paint chase variant? ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #457 on: July 23, 2004, 03:02 PM »
TNI has now added to their coverage with pictures of 2-ups of Black Panther and Bullseye.  Two more much requested figures coming down the pipe at some point!  Cool.  Sounds like this will be it for new stuff from ML for the weekend, at least according to JayC over at the TNI forums.

Black Panther

Bullseye

There are more pics in their main coverage page.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2004, 03:03 PM by mosnab »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #458 on: July 23, 2004, 03:11 PM »
Sweet!  I'll be buying STrange and Panther for sure

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #459 on: July 23, 2004, 03:18 PM »
Black Panther, Sandman, and Strange look awesome.  I can't wait for those. Man-Thing and Doc Oc still look awesome.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Marvel Legends
« Reply #460 on: July 23, 2004, 07:18 PM »
Those are all really cool.  Now where's my Nightcrawler!  :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #461 on: July 28, 2004, 01:33 PM »
Question: If you bought the movie Doc Ock, does he have sunglasses on, as the picture on the packaging indicates?  I picked one up today, but no sunglasses.  Not in the package anywhere either.  Is toybiz messing around with McFarlane-esque variants?  Weird.  

IN other news, took back my ML X-men legends set some time ago and finally used up my credit at TRU.  In return I ended up with Ultimate Rhino, black Spiderman and 3 VOTC figures.  Pretty good trade, IMO.  

I don't feel bad about returning the set either.  Picked up the TRU.com clearance set for cheap and the set didn't last two days at the store I returned it too.  Tons of Urban Legends boxes sitting around, never to be cleared (wonder why Canada and US policies are different) but zero MLXL.  

Wondering if we'll see the spiderman legends sets and FF box set as well.  Having all those UL sets does not bode well and other retailers seem reluctant to carry something with that price tag.  Wish Walmart would :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #462 on: July 28, 2004, 04:33 PM »
Mine has sunglasses...are there two Doc Ocks though currently shipping, I thought I had heard that

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #463 on: July 28, 2004, 07:01 PM »
BBTS has a few ML 6 figures in stock.

I just love the prices they have on the chase figures.

$70 for a Dark Phoenix. $45 for an Unmasked Wolverine. $40 for the brown Cable. Hell, Deadpool is $20.

And the sad part is, most of these are sold out. I can understand not wanting to fight the scalpers and piss-poor distribution, but they're just toys. :P
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #464 on: July 29, 2004, 01:12 AM »
Here are some pics circa tonight of my Legends and Classics...not shown is Hobgoblin and Archangel who are above the bookcase

Marvel