Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 410839 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #495 on: August 20, 2004, 11:17 PM »
Looks like She-Hulk won the DIamond Select Contest.

;D
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #496 on: August 24, 2004, 03:20 PM »
Well, I went looking for LOTR and came back with ML :o

Took a drive over lunch break to a town 20 minutes away (remember, I work in a small town an hour away from the city) that has a couple of major retailers and getting a Walmart in the fall.  No sportspicks or LOTR figures to be found, no treasure hunts (hey, if you can't irritate hot wheels collectors, who can you irritate?) but to my utter surprise, I found ML6.  And at a store that tends to carry dollar store quality products.  I just about fell over I was so surprised. 

Much as others have said, the case assortments sucked.  I did pick up the only Phoenix (green), two Deadpools and a Juggernaut.  The rest of the pegs had only a multitude of Wolverines, innumberable movie Punishers ::) and three blue Cables, which I left on the pegs.  Also left behind two Juggy's.  I'm guessing this was two cases worth (how many per case?) so somebody else found them before I did. 

This retailer, Saan, never carries anything of quality aside from Hot Wheels, so like I said, total shock.  Only the rural stores carry toys at all, so a few drives may be in order to some small towns. 

Juggernaut is awesome, huge and heavy.  Deadpool is interesting and I now face a dilemma on whether to keep one or not.  Very nice sculpt, nice weapon assortment (doop sucks).  Noticed the gun is holstered on the wrong side though (left) from the picture.  Phoenix is ok and I'm happy to have just one, but the body/neck is awful and it's much more obvious on this figure than on Elektra.  Going to have to figure out a pose to hide it all. 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #497 on: August 24, 2004, 04:57 PM »
There's some ML6 in stock at Amazon, though don't bother going there for Phoenix or Deadpool. DP is listed as Out Of Stock, and I couldn't even find Phoenix on the site.

They do have the S6 box set, and they expect the F4 set soon.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #498 on: August 24, 2004, 05:10 PM »
Well, I have a spare deadpool now.  Emailed the guy that asked me to pick it up, only to find he already has one and doesn't need this one.  He forgot to email me to tell me ::)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #499 on: August 25, 2004, 10:32 PM »
Well, I have a spare deadpool now.  Emailed the guy that asked me to pick it up, only to find he already has one and doesn't need this one.  He forgot to email me to tell me ::)

Would you considering selling him? Or would you trade?

An unusual find... I found  Marvel Legends Series 2 today at KB A bunch of Human Torch, Things, Variant Hulks plus they had a bunch of Captain Americas.

MJ
I remember my dream now.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #500 on: August 26, 2004, 05:09 PM »
Having just opened up Phoenix and Juggernaut, I can't help but feeling either ripped off by Phoenix, or rewarded by Juggernaut.  The size difference is incredible.  Their accessories are roughly the same size and weight, but the figures!  Let's just say I wouldn't want to mail Juggernaut anywhere. 

Phoenix is maybe half the size and about the amount of plastic in one of Juggernaut's arms and legs put together.  She's tiny :o

I currently have Jugs menacing her from behind, like she's trying to run away.  Reminds me of so many high school dances :-\

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #501 on: August 26, 2004, 05:10 PM »
LOL!!!!!!!!!  ;D
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #502 on: August 26, 2004, 05:11 PM »
Hey Brent, I still might need a Juggernaut :P

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #503 on: August 26, 2004, 05:17 PM »
And a Phoenix is needed here,too.  :-[
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #504 on: August 26, 2004, 05:20 PM »
Hey Brent, I still might need a Juggernaut :P
::)

What'd I just say up there.  Oh, never mind.  Tell me if you do.  Will be scoping out Fargo this weekend too (Grand Forks has the UND welcome back going on, all the hotels are sold out).  I left two Jugs on the pegs and they may still be there next week.  Crappy Canadian pricing.  

Will grab all the damn Phoenix' I see.  Talked to drewlam today, he was at a collector store and no Phoenix in that case.  Did the math for the other store where I found my stuff the other day as well.  Think all the figs were there, so one Phoenix in two cases.  Nice packing job ::)

BTW, your juice is on its way.  

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #505 on: August 27, 2004, 05:01 PM »
If I see another Juggs, I'll pick him and post here.  Shouldn't be a problem getting rid of him.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #506 on: September 1, 2004, 03:51 PM »
A-F.com has previews of Vision and Silver Iron Man up

Vision
Silver Iron Man

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #507 on: September 3, 2004, 09:50 AM »
Marvel Legends 9 rumored Wave:

Prof. X
First Appearance Grey Hulk
Nightcrawler
Deathlok
War Machine
Bullseye
Dr. Strange

Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #508 on: September 3, 2004, 10:06 AM »
There's a wee picture (promotional, not of the figures) provided at "Legends" as well:

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #509 on: September 3, 2004, 10:18 AM »
Pretty solid line up with the exception of Deathlok (I have no idea who that is) and War Machine (enough with the Iron Men already)

Hey, no Wolverine!

I'm more excited for what's in store for Legends 10...if they make the following AVengers before the line ends I'll be happy:

Yellow Jacket
Wasp (full size)
Ant Man (full size)
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
Hercules
Moon Knight
Black Knight
She Hulk

They got a long way to go, not too mention the Avengers villains (Ultron, Kang, Wrecking Crew etc)  they are totally ignoring in favor of multiple X villains