Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 413351 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #510 on: September 3, 2004, 10:33 AM »
Yeah, not too bad of lineup indeed...like you said Scott, no Wolverine at least ;).  I vaguely remember Deathlok from when I read comics in my younger days, I think I remember him from a Marvel trading card I had or something.  Could care less about the character though honestly.  They really are on an Iron Man kick lately though, guess he does have a variety of "versions", but there are other figures many of us would rather see first.

I've been trying to cut back other lines, and limit things to mainly Star Wars (partly because my wife really wants me to, partly because I probably need to because of money/space), but it is awfully hard to stop with the Marvel stuff.  It doesn't help that I still keep up with it I guess.  I'd really like to pick up the Sinister Six box set.  It hasn't shown up in stores here, but is online at Amazon, and I've been awfully tempted.  If this lineup is true, I'd like to pick up the Prof. X, Nightcrawler, and possibly Dr. Strange.  Blimey, why do you tempt me Marvel, why?  :P  Well, once I get the last few LOTR figures I want, I could just collect Star Wars and a little bit of Marvel...right...right?  I can keep telling myself that anyways :P.  Still interested to see what the "line relaunch" is going to entail in 2005.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #511 on: September 3, 2004, 10:49 AM »
I'd get Nightcrawler, Strange, Prof X and Bullseye, Grey Hulk Perhaps and the other 2 no way

Might bring back the FF Box Set as the Movie Figures look just a good

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Marvel Legends
« Reply #512 on: September 3, 2004, 10:55 AM »
Pretty solid line up with the exception of Deathlok (I have no idea who that is)

If I recall correctly, he was some sort of cyborg hero... lame.

I always saw him as some sort of Marvel attempt at a Terminator type character, sort of a Marvel cyborg version of DC's Deathtstroke (the Terminator) or Deadshot.  I think DC's Deadshot and Marvel's Deathlok even had very similar costumes.

Either way, he sort of diappeared when the much more popular Deadpool replaced him as Marvel's top Merc.

I may just have to grab that Bullseye to go with my Electra figure...
Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #513 on: September 3, 2004, 10:56 AM »
See I have no idea who Deadpool is either, Legends, my ass

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #514 on: September 3, 2004, 11:33 AM »
Possible Series 9

1st appearance Wolverine
NightCrawler
Deathlok
Dr. Strange
War Machine
Bullseye
Pro. X (Chase)

The not hits just keep on coming  >:(
Looks like this list from back in April was pretty accurate, I would guess 1st Appearance Wolverine will be in Series 10

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #515 on: September 3, 2004, 01:29 PM »
Well Bullseye and Dr. Strange we've seen already and Nightcrawler was rumored to be in the next XMC that got canceled, so no suprise there.  Deathlok, while not a popular character, could turn out to be a hell of a cool figure, along the same line as Man-Thing (a very cool looking fig IMO).

Overall, pretty solid line up.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #516 on: September 3, 2004, 05:00 PM »
Well I am happy about Deathlok, I love secondary characters. I wish they would make Dark Hawk and Moon Knight. I love the Man-Thing figure.

As for War Machine, well its not Iron Man at all so I am happy. It s atotoally different character.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #517 on: September 3, 2004, 06:25 PM »
Series 9 looks like a decent lineup.  Thing is, as this line goes on, I've become pickier about which figures I buy.  I've decided to skip Cable.  He's just not a character that I care for, and he's also from a period just after I got out of comics.

Gray Hulk is one I've excited about, even if it's the first incarnation of gray Hulk.  I actually really liked it when they brought the gray Hulk back when they fused the savage Hulk and Banner.  War Machine is cool, too.  He's definitely a discreet character from Iron Man, even if he is from the Iron Man storyline.  Nightcrawler is a welcome addition, too.  Add in the Professor X chase, and I like the series.  The rest of the characters....well, I'm indifferent about them.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #518 on: September 3, 2004, 09:47 PM »

Looks like there will be a Mysterio as well in the Spidey Classics, now give us a Vulture and I'll be happy for all time with Spidey Figures

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #519 on: September 3, 2004, 11:04 PM »
Excellent, Mysterio.  Most cool.  Vulture would be excellent too. 

Regarding Deathlok, I'm surprised you missed him Scott.  I have most of the issues and it was one of those comics that came out when Marvel was super hot, pre-Image and pre-Valiant.  He was very, very popular at the time, one of the top ranked book in Wizard and right at the top for sales.  I agree, hardly a legend, that's for certain, but at one point he was very hot as a book. 

BTW, case assortments for ML VI are abominable, to say the least.  I've stumbled across a few lately, seemingly full cases.  Deadpool is not in every case, nor is Phoenix.  Seriously.  It's always 3 movie Punisher ::) and 3 or 4 Wolverine.   Cable varies seemingly between 1 or 2.  Juggernaut is always two per case and then you luck out, either with Phoenix or Deadpool.  No chase floating around either, but for these I really don't care.  Seriously contemplating selling off gold ironman, blue stealth ironman, maybe even the yellow daredevil.  I'll likely keep the Doombot and display it with Doom, no mask.  Goliath is unique enough to keep, no doubt.  But brown Cable holds no real interest, other than ebay, to be honest, if not noble.  Red Phoenix I would probably keep, but no mask wolverine?  No need, got him in the box set and don't even want him there.

Not real keen on wave 9 at all :-\  If the Nightcrawler is comic accurate, great.  Professor X, same deal, non-movie is better. Deadpool er Bullseye is a maybe.  The rest I can live without.  Grey Hulk is possible, but I like the Hulk Legends version better frankly. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #520 on: September 3, 2004, 11:28 PM »
I may be interested in the yellow Daredevil.

I heard about Mysterio as well but couldn't find the picture so I didnt mention it with the lineup for 9. I can't wait for Mysterio as I have been wanting him for a while . Sandman & Mysterio, I can't wait.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #521 on: September 3, 2004, 11:31 PM »
I'm still toying with the idea of keeping him.  I may just open him, but I'm not sure.  Packaging isn't absolutely mint, about 1/2" cut on the side. 

Either way, if I unload, you have first dibs. 

Anybody else getting lacerated from these damn packages?  I have picked up two uber nasty plastic slices in the last two days, almost like they are sharpening the edges. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Marvel Legends
« Reply #522 on: September 3, 2004, 11:44 PM »
The new ML line up is pretty good.   I'm most happy about Nightcrawler, and Deathlok is a good non-mainstream choice.  Hopefully it means we'll see more figs like him and Man Thing down the road.

My cousin is estatic over Mysterio right now.   His favorite. 

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #523 on: September 4, 2004, 05:12 AM »
almost like they are sharpening the edges. 

As much as I'd like to lay claim on this one, it's not my doing. I got knicked on the arm a while ago bye a Blade. Just checking the shelf for new stuff.

Blade. Hahaha.

Some one please get me some coffee. Please?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #524 on: September 11, 2004, 08:04 PM »
I can't believe it!  I actually found the FF Box Set with the chase version of the Invisible Woman in the middle of the afternoon in a WalMart.  Sweet!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback