Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 413192 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #855 on: January 5, 2005, 08:00 AM »
According to the new issue of Wizard, Cable was on the X-men.  They listed all 43 members in order of joining.  Cable was after Maggot and Marrow, but before the White Queen, so he joined (and left) somewhat recently.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #856 on: January 5, 2005, 09:00 AM »
Brent...according to reports at Fwooshnet, the Sinister 6 set is starting to show up at TRU again.  I'll keep my eyes open as well

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #857 on: January 5, 2005, 10:15 AM »
According to the new issue of Wizard, Cable was on the X-men.  They listed all 43 members in order of joining.  Cable was after Maggot and Marrow, but before the White Queen, so he joined (and left) somewhat recently.

Ok, I accept that, I haven't bought a recent X-comic and haven't paid for a comic for about 15 years, so what would I know. 

Thanks for the update Scott, I'll not panic and go screaming to ebay.  It's the $14 US shipping most of them have that gets me.  It's probably reasonable, but I need to find a set that someone will open and send up loose to save some money, I could care less about the packaging.  That $14 shipping is only within the US as well, more to Canada :'(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #858 on: January 5, 2005, 11:15 AM »
I'm also looking Brent.  I'm hoping I stumbled into Walmart and find two for clearance.  Unlikely, but hoping.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #859 on: January 5, 2005, 11:30 AM »
Saw a Sinistar Six set at Walmart unfortunately it was in someones hands.  :(
I remember my dream now.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #860 on: January 10, 2005, 03:08 PM »
Red Phoenix is sitting here with me right now.  Unreal.  Cost and shipping.  Guy's name over at snowtroopers.ca is Sandtrooper Tyler.  Unbelievable.  Also have no mask wolverine keeping her company :o

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #861 on: January 10, 2005, 03:16 PM »
Congrats on the figs Brent, that is great.  Always nice to see collectors helping each other out like that, whenever they can.  Despite not seeing much new around here for quite some time, I am really looking forward to the Marvel Legends line now a days.  My wife isn't exactly crazy about me collecting them much, especially with an expected onslaught of Star Wars stuff this year with a new movie, but I'm slowly working on it :).  I'm trying to keep it limited somewhat, and I think I could live with around a dozen figures between ML and Spidey Classics this year, at least of what I know is coming out.  Seems like we have a nice established base of ML fans here too, so its always fun to talk about it.  If there wasn't the Star Wars merchandise out there, I think this would be the line I would collect exclusively and put the most money/time into.  Good stuff, as long as you can find it :).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #862 on: January 10, 2005, 10:12 PM »
That's the wacky thing, Tyler found two of each, so the same Walmart got two boxes with chase figures - no mask wolverine, brown cable, red phoenix :o  His buddy took the rest and I was too slow on Cable, but you'll not hear me complaining about this.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #863 on: January 10, 2005, 10:57 PM »
Supposedly, the rumor is that there are actually chase cases out there.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #864 on: January 10, 2005, 11:39 PM »

That would explain why he is finding multiples, but he's also had great luck with McFarlane sportspicks, so I don't know.  I'm lucky and I'm happy, no matter what.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #865 on: January 11, 2005, 03:16 AM »

Meaning, cases with nothing BUT chases in them?
That would really be keen if that's true. Might bring the ebay prices down some so I can pick up a Dark Phoenix for reasonable.

I know that now all variants in a wave are found in the same case. Which is a good idea and a bad idea. Good because more chases get out there. Bad because it takes one person to wipe them all out.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #866 on: January 11, 2005, 10:16 AM »

Meaning, cases with nothing BUT chases in them?

Yeah thats what i meant. It has its ups and downs, but i hope to get a Dark Phoenix.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #867 on: January 12, 2005, 09:13 AM »
Found (and picked up) my first new Marvel figures in quite some time yesterday....got the "McFarlane" Superposeable Spider-Man and Sandman at Wal-Mart.  It was really nice to see something new on the pegs.  It looks like Wal-Mart is working on their toy aisle reset, as all the different lines were found in different places now.  They had quite a bit of this wave of the Spidey classics, but no Marvel Legends out and about quite yet.  No Star Wars either, although there is a space for it, without pegs put in yet.  Hopefully ML will start showing up before too long, all there is in town is Beast, Gambit, and a few Elektras or Punishers from time to time.  Amazon is starting to get tempting :).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #868 on: January 12, 2005, 04:19 PM »
This line always serves as a reminder of just how dry it is for toys up here during the 3-4 months post Christmas :'(  Every store's toy section is getting compressed, they let the returns fill the shelves and nothing new comes out for us. 

The Vision wave is still being stocked (and I've decided I want a chase Ghost Rider ::) - dumbass) and my guess is we'll completely miss out on the following wave, so getting the stuff from Scott and Black Widow from another guy means I only now need the Doc Ock to be satisfied to the end of that wave. 

From the spidey viewpoint we are seeing restock, but it's all older stuff, so I'm seeing Kraven (waiting on that box set), Daredevil (whatever) and hobgoblin but nothing new :'(  Sandman is out there somewhere, I'm sure of it. 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #869 on: January 12, 2005, 08:14 PM »
(and I've decided I want a chase Ghost Rider ::) - dumbass)

For some reason I have decided the same thing. i also want the chase Black widow too now  ::) Whats wrong with us?