Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 413692 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #930 on: January 24, 2005, 05:04 PM »
Well, I see now that the Marvel Store has several figures from Waves 6 and 7 in stock (and I believe with free shipping).  The price isn't that fantabulous ($12.95), but might be better than can be found on ebay.  Last I saw you could find Phoenix (regular), Juggernaut, Deadpool, Apoc, Vision, Hawkeye, etc..  Man, I wish this wasn't hitting all at once, or I'd order a Juggernaut.  Again, good luck to anyone who orders...price is a little high, but if shipping is indeed free, might not be too bad.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #931 on: January 24, 2005, 05:22 PM »
Thanks for the link Brian.  I got an order in for Doc Ock to wrap up that series and ordered a Doombot just for giggles.  See if it shows or not.  Supposed to ship 26th, so won't be a long wait. 

Drew, the case assortment at AFX indicates some short pack figures, as expected, but lots of folks were talking about even case packs because series 9 is the Galactus wave.  Not sure how that will work out.  Interested in the spares ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #932 on: January 25, 2005, 12:13 AM »
Damn i missed out, they are gone.  ::) I wonder if any of us would have got any?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #933 on: January 25, 2005, 12:16 AM »
That's not confirmed but I would think it would be doable.  That's only 30-40 figures and with better shipping and no delays and less sidlines (no X-men or Hulk Classics) I think it could be possible

We'll know more next month I guess :)

Oh, and those rumored 12 and 13 Waves have shown up on a couple more etailers order lists...might be something to them:

Late 2005 - Series 12 - Marvel's "Dark Ages" Series
Origin Capt. America w/ Bucky
Savage Land Wolverine
Ultimate Green Goblin
Mole Man
Loki
Dark Phoenix (new sculpt & costume)
Hannibal King
Mole Man (scary teeth) (variant)
Vampire Hannibal King (variant)

Early 2006 - Series 13 - Marvel's "Renegades" Series
Origin Daredevil
Kingpin
Iron Fist
Power Man
Lady Deathstryke
Ultimate Punisher
Tombstone
Shang Chi
Unmasked Daredevil (variant)
Shang Chi (different costume) (variant)

and the next 3 Spider-Man Classics Villians will be:
Mysterio
Hammerhead
Silver Sable

I really hope this is true. I'm waiting for a Dark Phoenix I can afford.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #934 on: January 25, 2005, 12:25 AM »
Fantastic Four movie toys

Or at least pretty concept art of them.

Thing hands? Didn't TB learn from the last handy fiasco?
Bump N Gos? Hooo boy.
I hope that Invisble Woman isn't as hard to find as Iceman from X2, which I'm still looking for.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #935 on: January 25, 2005, 12:33 AM »
Thing hands? Didn't TB learn from the last handy fiasco?

Prolly not. But this time, they didn't stop at hands. I see some "Thing Feet" at the bottom of that page  ::)

I thought the hands were bad enough, but feet?? Come on...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #936 on: January 25, 2005, 12:35 AM »
Sue looks interesting:

Clear variant ::)  yippee.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #937 on: January 25, 2005, 12:45 AM »
12" inch figures? I don't think variants on those are too smart.

Of course, this line is from the company that has the nerve to do variant boxed sets, so nothing should be too surprising from Toy Biz anymore.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #938 on: January 25, 2005, 07:40 AM »
Ordered an Apoc from the Marvel store.  No sense in trying to track him down or resort to ebay.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #939 on: January 25, 2005, 08:52 AM »
I actually think those Fantastic Four figures (the ones we can see) don't look too bad.  Although they are 12" figures, if the 6" ones look somewhat similar, I might be tempted to pick them up.  I think Sue and the Human Torch figs in the pic above look kind of nice.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #940 on: January 25, 2005, 10:19 AM »
Well her ei smy chance to get a clear Invisible Woman.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #941 on: January 25, 2005, 02:06 PM »
Stopped off at Wal-Mart during lunch to check for the preview figures, and found that they had also restocked the Marvel Legends with some Series VI figures.  Got a Juggernaut for $6.88, so I was pretty happy, and glad I didn't order one for $12.95 through the Marvel store yesterday now.  I've spent way too much lately, but there should at least be a bit of a break until ROTS hits now.  So, if you're looking for any ML VI figures, maybe they are still headed your way.  This particular Wal-Mart had a couple Juggernauts, Wolverines, 1 Cable, and a slew of Punishers.

Also, just as a side note, I noticed that on the back of the Juggernaut figure, where it says "collect them all", it has pictures of the rest of the wave, but no pictures of Phoenix....it just lists Juggs, Punisher, Cable, Wolvie, and Deadpool...which were the only ones at this particular store (aside from Deadpool).  Maybe all the cardbacks were always like this (this is my first figure from ML6), but I was just curious if there was a different assortment shipping or something.  Anyways, no biggie, just an observation.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2005, 02:18 PM by mosnab »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #942 on: January 25, 2005, 03:08 PM »
All the series VI cardbacks I've ever seen didn't have Phoenix on them.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #943 on: January 25, 2005, 03:24 PM »
Okay, no big deal then, I hadn't really looked before and wasn't sure.  Nothing out of the ordinary then :).  I tell you, ML sure keeps on selling it seems.  This particular store had the "repacked" figures on the pegs just late last week (1st Cap, Human Torch, Thing, etc.) and those are all sold out now.  I doubt these Series VI figs will last long either.  I probably should have left the Juggernaut since I've spent more than enough the last couple weeks, but I didn't think I would see it again, at least not at retail at that price.

Also, on a side note, I just got shipping notification for the Doc Ock I ordered via Amazon yesterday.  Hopefully everyone who ordered those chase figures from Series 8 is having the same luck.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #944 on: January 25, 2005, 06:39 PM »
There's no ML at retail at all here besides 3 Sabretooths and 1 Nick Fury at a local Wal-Mart.

This line is likely the hottest thing among collectors, and some stores don't even bother to stock it.  I just don't get it.

Or maybe stores do get new stock, it just doesn't reach the floor, if the 40 pages of ML stuff on ebay is any indication.