Author Topic: G.I. Joe Renegades - Cartoon Series  (Read 17364 times)

Offline Biffette

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe Renegades - Cartoon Series
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2011, 07:32 PM »
This new series is charming.  I like that Dr. Mindbender is some punk kid, and I like how young everybody is. 

Spoilers:

I'm guessing that Lady Jaye & Flint eventually become part of the Renegade group; maybe at the end of this season? 

Not sure how long they can sustain this whole A-Team theme, what with the whole show being an arc and not particularly standalone.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2011, 10:30 AM »
I haven't seen this yet mainly because I'm really not too interested for some reason - same with the new Transformers Prime toon.  I think I have them DVR'd though so will watch in time.

same.  I think I have watched about half of the GI Joe episodes and the other half are waiting to be watched.  I am looking forward to seeing the Dreadnoks though - I am pretty sure they make their appearance in an episode. 

Not to throw off the topic too much - but the Transformers only had 5 episodes, right?  that is all my DVR caught at least.  If that is the case - when will there be more?  Haven't watched an episode of that yet.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 9, 2011, 10:59 AM »
Great QnA answer today.

Glad to see there is at least 1 person on the other side of this hobby with a sense of humor and enjoys a good goof.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 9, 2011, 03:10 PM »
Yeah, great to hear some more characters like that are coming to the series.

For the most part, I've liked this a lot.  There's a few things I think are corny, like the big mech suits and the Bio Vipers, but the designs for the main characters and troops/etc. are good... no cheesy uniform colors, etc.  Also humor in the right spots, etc.  I do hope at some point we see some sort of a more classic Cobra trooper though... to me that is the one thing this series is really missing.  But with Cobra being viewed by the public as a good company, of course it's a different storyline and the troops in this are more like security guards... at least for now.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: February 9, 2011, 04:23 PM »
I enjoyed the answer too, and wasn't sure what we'd get back honestly since it was the first time letting us ask them anything.  I'm not a big Heavy Duty guy, but I like seeing the other two lsited for sure.  Airtight's too weird not to enjoy seeing named.  :)  I mean, I always considered him the HQ's maintenance guy sort of.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 9, 2011, 06:19 PM »
Just 2 more?

I got 3 out of it.

snow job

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 9, 2011, 08:35 PM »
^^^ I saw that too when I read it earlier today.  Not really excited about that one since we have seen countless releases of since the 25th line til now.

I am real excited about Airtight.  I thought he was pretty cool when I had him as a kid, until my dog ate most of him...  I never did get a new one to replace him so I would welcome this one.

great question - thanks for asking it.
« Last Edit: February 9, 2011, 08:50 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: February 9, 2011, 11:15 PM »
Hmmm, now I'm curious who I'm missing in the post...  I'm seeing 3 clearly.  1 I can infer from the last bit, and kind of cool if it gets cold in the show.  Is that what you're aiming at?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2011, 05:09 PM »
Firefly is X-the-Eliminator with a fire fetish!

A bit different than expected. Better than their take on Zartan, though, which failed in my eyes.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2011, 02:24 PM »
Sounds like Renegades will be going on a hiatus after Season 1 ends.  According to this article, new episodes will run into the summer, and then the show will go on hiatus while they work on the next GI Joe movie.  Seems kind of strange, as the Transformers Prime series has been running all this time with a new TF movie on the way this summer.  Oh well.  I've watched it so far, and thought it has been pretty decent.  Nothing will compare to the original to me really, and although I did like the Resolute movie more, I think this is probably be the best ongoing "series" since the original.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2011, 03:12 PM »
Odd they are putting it on hiatus... I like it quite a bit (and a lot more than The Clone Wars)... my son also lives for this show right now, heh.  But I do agree, the classic is the best (my son feels that way too).

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2011, 03:27 PM »
They don't want to create brand confusion by having 2 titles out at once... plus if GI JOE 2 is as bad as the first one, they don't need people saying "I'll just stay home and watch the Anime Joe, instead of the All black leather suits Live action sequel"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2011, 05:25 PM »
Well, I think they will still have re-runs though, and the classic cartoon on.  So there could still be a certain level of brand confusion... but yeah, I see your point.  And I didn't think the first movie was that awful outside of the underwater sea battle and a lot of the acting by Duke.  It certainly could have been a hell of a lot better though.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2011, 05:35 PM »
I gotta call BS on the brand confusion thing. Transformers: Prime is still running (or at least being renewed) with a new movie coming out in the summer. I do agree that Hasbro probably wants to see how the next movie goes before they continue with other media. Personally, I don't see how having the cartoon at the same time as the movie could hurt.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2011, 06:55 PM »
pretty disappointed here too - while it wasn't great I did enjoy watching it.  I saw the potential as they continued to add characters and build on bad guys.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 06:55 PM by shmashwitdaclub »