Author Topic: Hasbrotoyshop.com and Clone Wars  (Read 4459 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Hasbrotoyshop.com and Clone Wars
« on: May 3, 2010, 12:01 PM »
Does anyone know why HTS.com is like 4 waves behind on The Clone Wars?

They used to be pretty good, but they haven't gotten anything in the last few waves.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbrotoyshop.com and Clone Wars
« Reply #1 on: May 3, 2010, 02:08 PM »
All the stores around here have stopped getting the 3 TCW waves from this year as well. I hit multiple Walmarts, Targets, and TRU each week and none of them can seem to get any new stock shipped to them. If you didn't get these within a week of when they first hit, you're out of luck.

I think something has happened with the Hasbro warehouses/inventory system that has caused them to shut down completely. It's very strange. Maybe they are holding everything back til the summer to help fill the void before the relaunch?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 3, 2010, 02:48 PM »
Things have been really dead around this area regarding new Clone Wars stock as well.

The Toys R Us computer lists the Clone Wars line as "discontinued" - a manager at one store explained to me that what that means is that they can no longer order any more from the manufacturer so whatever TRU has in the pipeline is it for that line.

The situation at my local WalMarts and Targets has been equally as bleak - besides the glut of Whorm Loathsom wave figures, there's nothing else to be had.

I'm glad I went ahead and ordered the remaining Firefighter Droids I needed - now that the first two case assortments have been announced, it looks like the only figure getting the "Shadows of the Dark Side" repackaging (for now) is the Cold Weather Gear Rex.

In case anyone hasn't seen the case breakdowns, here they are:

Wave 1:
1x General Grievous (Super Articulated)
1x Pre Vizsla (Mandalorian)
1x Mandalorian Guard
1x Aurra Sing
1x Captain Rex
1x Obi-Wan Kenobi
2x Commander Cody
1x Destroyer Droid
1x Yoda
1x Count Dooku
1x Anakin Skywalker (Space Suit)

Wave 2:
1x Captain Rex (Cold Weather Gear)
1x Cad Bane
1x Clone Pilot Odd Ball
1x Asajj Ventress
1x Super Battle Droid
1x Ahsoka Tano
1x Clone Trooper
1x Battle Droid
1x General Grievous (Super Articulated)
1x Captain Rex
1x Obi-Wan Kenobi
1x Commander Cody

What is it with the Commander Cody over-packing? It also looks like there aren't any new figures in that second wave unless they've updated a couple of characters already.

Good to know that absolutely ridiculous case packs are still going to be the norm come August.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #3 on: May 3, 2010, 02:53 PM »
My guess is that both of these waves will be shipping to stores simultaneously for the relaunch so there is a case of repacks to serve as peg filler and to get some of the older figures back out with the new game cards. Also, all the repack cases will be gravy for Hasbro to fund new tooling for current and future CW stuff. The vicious cycle continues...
« Last Edit: May 3, 2010, 02:56 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 3, 2010, 02:58 PM »
My guess is that both of these waves will be shipping to stores simultaneously for the relaunch so there is a case of repacks to serve as peg filler and to get some of the older figures back out with the new game cards. Also, all the repack cases will be gravy for Hasbro to fund new tooling for current and future CW stuff. The vicious cycle continues...

Totally understand that, but out of the first 19 figures in the line, only four are new? I don't mind them spreading out the repacks as the line goes on, but it gets more and more extreme with each packaging change.

And if you're gonna pack a figure in there twice in the first wave, why not make it Pre Vizsla or Aurra Sing?

Lastly, if that case of nothing but repacks does nothing but clog the shelves going into the holiday shopping season, they will actually do more harm then good for Hasbro. Hasbro needs to seriously start thinking about trying to find a balance between core characters and giving the line new items. And while I appreciate figures like Ventress, Ahsoka, the basic Battledroid and the basic Clone all coming out again, if they are going to have Rex in the cases, it should be one or the other, not both regular Rex and Cold Weather Rex; if you buy both cases you shouldn't end up with three Cody figures; and why couldn't the repeats from Wave 1 to Wave 2 have been the four new figures from Wave 1 instead of just the new Grievous? If that had been the case, I would actually have just been inclined to order two cases since I would have ended up with 2x of the four new ones and 1x each of the repacks to have for my MOC collection.

« Last Edit: May 3, 2010, 03:07 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #5 on: May 3, 2010, 03:56 PM »
It also looks like there aren't any new figures in that second wave unless they've updated a couple of characters already.

Actually the Grievous in wave 2 should be the new one with interchangeable battle damage parts (the same figure as wave 1).
« Last Edit: May 3, 2010, 04:03 PM by Jayson »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 4, 2010, 12:33 PM »
I've noticed a pretty big slowdown in CW as well, both at HTS and local retail.  I kept waiting/expecting the last couple waves (the "cold weather" figures) to show up at HTS, but they still haven't.  I happened across the Anakin wave once at WM, and then finished things up via TRU.com last week.  I hadn't heard about the "no new orders" thing mentioned earlier in this thread, but it makes sense.  I don't think I've seen anything new at our local TRU, WM, or Target for quite awhile now.  All have figures (the normal pegwarmers mostly), but I don't think they have changed in some time.  I think (aside from the TRU exclusive figures) I'm all caught up on both sides of things until the August stuff hits, but it has been a lot scarcer out there lately for the CW stuff.  Legacy has been that way for awhile for the most part, but CW seemed to be shipping like crazy towards the end of 2009...but it has been slow now as well.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 4, 2010, 01:23 PM »
Yeah, that would explain what I have been seeing around here, or rather not seeing.

It also explains why my area never did receive the new wave of Battlepacks. Even though 90% of stores around here have sold through and have space available for new ones, no one is restocking. I don't think these are shipping at all anymore.

Man, this just sucks badly. Besides the 2 TCW BP's I also really wanted openers of Aayla, Hondo, and the Magnaguard. Now it sounds like I'll literally never see these again on the pegs.  :'(

What I want to know is whether Hasbro severely cut back the quantities on these BP's and the 3 2010 TCW waves, or whether they are all rotting away in some dank warehouse someplace. We never saw more than a trickle of these 3 waves locally, compared to an ocean of Whorms, Fistos, Yularens, etc.

Also means I am pretty much done with going to any retail outlets until August. Eesh.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 4, 2010, 01:57 PM »
Hey McMetal - both of the Clone Wars battlepacks are available from Hasbro Toy Shop - I bought an opener set of the last four battle packs of the Red/White line from them yesterday.

I basically decided it wasn't worth hunting for them, better to just let them come to me. I used the SW2010 code and got some money off of my order, basically getting shipping for free - which meant there was no difference between finding them at Target/TRU/WM and getting them online.

Just a thought...
Peter

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 5, 2010, 12:57 PM »
Hey McMetal - both of the Clone Wars battlepacks are available from Hasbro Toy Shop - I bought an opener set of the last four battle packs of the Red/White line from them yesterday.

I basically decided it wasn't worth hunting for them, better to just let them come to me. I used the SW2010 code and got some money off of my order, basically getting shipping for free - which meant there was no difference between finding them at Target/TRU/WM and getting them online.

Just a thought...

To quote ony of my favorite David Cross lines..."You sold me!"

I actually caved and placed my order a little while ago. Thanks for the promo code tip. Together with shipping, taxes, etc my order only came to $46.15, which is definitely cheaper than I would have paid at any brick and mortar retail outlet. I also love that they let you ship to an address other than the billing address, so no angry wife to worry about.  8)

I sort of feel like I surrendered on this, since there's a stubborn side of me that really wanted to hold out and find these on a shelf somewhere, but it's been too many weeks now and I'm just sick of the whole hunting thing. It's getting to be too hot and aggravating driving all over creation in a vain attempt to score those last 2 TCW battlepacks. Now I'm more or less done.  :)

Would like to maybe have a few openers from recent waves (Hondo, Aayla, etc) but as noted above HTS is not the place to score these it seems. Ah well, no hurry...I'm sure they will pop up over the summer some time.
« Last Edit: May 6, 2010, 02:36 PM by McMetal »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 7, 2010, 11:50 AM »
My order status changed this morning to "Fully Shipped". Hooray!

I might actually get these before my Nahdar Vebb arrives, and he had a one month head start.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 9, 2010, 10:09 PM »
My order status changed this morning to "Fully Shipped". Hooray!

I might actually get these before my Nahdar Vebb arrives, and he had a one month head start.

And I did. HTS order arrived Saturday, still no sign of Vebb. Now over a month since check was cashed...getting a little worried.

I have to say, I was really impressed with my whole HTS experience. I definitely would go that route again for the right price/right item.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2010, 10:55 AM »
Posted this in the other thread, but the Fall Wave 1 figures are up now...all say "Sold Out".

I wonder why they would say Sold Out and not Pre-Order though. Did some lucky SOB's manage to score these already?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2010, 05:00 PM »
I ordered them yesterday

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2010, 05:09 PM »
Posted this in the other thread, but the Fall Wave 1 figures are up now...all say "Sold Out".

I wonder why they would say Sold Out and not Pre-Order though. Did some lucky SOB's manage to score these already?

They sold out of their pre-orders. None of the new figures are shipping until 7/26 from HTS.