Collecting > Star Wars Dioramas and Displays

Jabba's Palace in a coffee table (Updated)

<< < (2/5) > >>

Jesse James:
Wow man...  Simply Wow.

That's some of the more creative work I've seen to display something on a space budget...  The constraints of what you have as a display area is always a HUGE problem.  I've taken to hanging a lot from the ceiling and things, which at least alleviates ships from taking up too much space, but that's really ingenius to actually build a Jabba's display into a functional piece of furniture...  My hat is off to you on that.

How'd you light it?  Anything to the wiring or did you just pick up some stuff that was already wired and work it in?

Color me completely jealous of the idea...  I never would've even thought to build a scene into a coffee table. :)

P-Siddy:
And this could be something doable that could make both you and the wife happy. New furniture, which happens to house a Star Wars display!

Jesse James:
When can we see more pics of the actual table Lando?  I'd really dig seeing it, and I think everyone else would too.  I'm actually more interested in seeing the broader project.

Mister Skeezler:
I will definitely take some pics of the table. It's fairly simple, and the stucco look is carried over to the outside. I still need to stain the wood, and I'm thinking it will be hand rubbed at this point, after I do a little more sanding. The glass top allows you to look down into the diorama, and there are plenty of openings on the sides.

This was originally meant to be a coffee table, but now it's more of a work table (a cocktail ottoman is much better for entertaining than a Jabba's Palace coffee table, believe it or not) in my office.

speedermike:
Wow.  This looks amazing.  I feel like you've been working on this for ages.  Just awesome.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version