Author Topic: Diecast: Dinky-Matchbox-Hot Wheels  (Read 64323 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Diecast: Dinky-Matchbox-Hot Wheels
« Reply #90 on: January 15, 2008, 09:06 PM »
If I'm lucky, I should have this set arriving next month. Limited to 600 pieces worldwide.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2008, 11:18 PM »
That's pretty cool.  I'd hate to know what it cost though.

Found another THunt today, don't remember what it was but I didn't already have it.  It's still an 07 model though. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 15, 2008, 11:49 PM »
US retail is $350. but I got t for $220. plus shipping, cheapest I could find.

Product Enterprise, now known as Iconic Replicas Limited no longer makes the 12" scale diecasts. They are into more of a studio scale, 23" which is a killer.

This Mk IX Hawk is a beauty at 19" but sadly at $800. US, it's not going to happen.  :'(

Now a 12" version of the Hawk for $100., I would be all over it like flies to ****!  ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2008, 12:37 PM »
Found three more THs yesterday.  Left behind another three.  Still 2007 models, #11/12. 

Offline Marshallmario

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 14, 2008, 12:37 PM »
Dude! You must be the only person in Canada collecting Treasure Hunts. I don't think I've seen 3 TH's this yeaq let alone yesterday! Did you ever get all the Batman ones you were looking for?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 18, 2008, 03:55 PM »
Dude! You must be the only person in Canada collecting Treasure Hunts. I don't think I've seen 3 TH's this yeaq let alone yesterday! Did you ever get all the Batman ones you were looking for?

Some days it seems like I'm the only one out there for sure, but I know I'm not.  I know more than a dozen guys by face that are Hot Wheels collectors and only Hot Wheels.  When I see them in the store I don't even go looking. 

That said, I found a couple more THs today :P

As for the BAtmobile, it did make it's way up here eventually, but Titus and I made a trade long before that happened so he had me covered. 

There are some pretty cool 1/18 scale Hot Wheels with redlines on them right now.  Only Sears seems to be carrying them up here but no luck finding the Camaro, the only one I want.  There's also a 1/18 scale Batmobile out apparently that I'd like to get my ahnds on as well. 

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2008, 05:56 PM »
Found this at the local antique show.  ;D

Space 1999 Eagle Freighter complete.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 25, 2008, 04:05 PM »
Found the Cadillac CTS #01 of 2008 TH yesterday.  Middle of the day, buried in the pegs. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 7, 2008, 04:24 PM »
Picked up the Firebird (I think)(I didn't look that closely) treasure hunt today.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 1, 2008, 10:32 PM »
Just picked this up off the bay. A 1/400 Saturn V Rocket multistage diecast & it has removeable stages. Over 10.5" tall & made by Dragon.  8)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 5, 2008, 03:07 PM »
Got my TH for the month of June - last year's model, but the 69 Chevy Truck. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 21, 2008, 12:33 AM »
Picked up another Cadillac TH. 

Also found the first White Lightning I've ever found - 65 Mustang in 1/24 scale.  Nice.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 7, 2008, 04:15 PM »
Picked up another TH - the Hummer, but it has some other, dumb name associated with it. 

Also found the Hot Wheels 1/50 scale Batmobile and Batcycle, so I grabbed both of those as well. 

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2008, 08:46 AM »
Oh good god, what to do.  :-\

Iconic Replicas Ltd. is coming out with a new Space 1999 Eagle diecast. This mother is going to be 44 inches & limited to 100 worldwide & retail at 1000.00 GBP so about 2000.00 US  :o

SPACE 1999: 44 INCH EAGLE PROJECT

After the huge success of our Prop Replica Eagle Transporter / Medical Eagle / Laboratory Eagle and Eagle Freighter, (and continual requests from collectors) Sixteen 12 Collectibles is launching the 44inch Eagle Project!

For some time now we have been considering producing a Studio Replica of this 44inch monster and now the time is right.

In conjunction with model makers Andrew Grimshaw and Bob Smith, who were responsible some years back for a beautiful 44 inch "garage" model kit version, we are refining their original model to produce our all new tooling version for the manufacture of 100 ONLY WORLDWIDE 44ich STUDIO SCALE EAGLE TRANSPORTERS.

Bob and Andy's original model kit was the result of exhaustive research including direct access to original Studio models in order that detailed and accurate measurements could be taken along with actual castings from some original parts.

Our in house model makers will in turn, develop this further into the first ever FULLY LICENCENCED Studio Replica of one of British Televisions most iconic space craft.

EARLY DAYS

Development of this replica has only just got underway and details are yet to be clarified.
However, we can confirm at this stage that the model will come on a display base with an etched edition plaque featuring edition number. A certificate of Authenticity from Sixteen 12 Collectibles Ltd as well as a HAND SIGNED certificate by GERRY ANDERSON himself!
This Studio Replica will strictly be on a first come – first served basis. As a result, pre ordering will be offered firstly to all of our COLLECTOR CLUB MEMBERS (Now might be a good time to sign up!)

Due to the scale of this project, all pre orders will be subject to a £200 deposit in order to secure the Edition.

Costings are currently underway; however we are hoping to retail this 44ich Eagle Transporter Studio Replica in the region of £1000 UK.

Images of development model will be posted by end of August.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 18, 2008, 11:20 AM »
Buy it.   ;D