Author Topic: Clone Wars Wave 18 (aka Fall 2010 Wave 4)  (Read 22357 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Wave 18 (aka Fall 2010 Wave 4)
« Reply #45 on: November 2, 2010, 11:57 AM »
Embo is up now too    8)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 2, 2010, 08:12 PM »
Hmmm, could not find this wave anywhere today, and now I read it is not supposed to start shipping until Nov 22 - eesh. Maybe HTS is the way to go.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 2, 2010, 08:50 PM »
You know I got this wave online, and I have to say I think it may be one of the best ones Hasbro has put out in the Clone Wars line.  The Embo in particular is one of the nicer figures I've seen in awhile, and the new Boba Fett shows what they could do in upgrades to movie versions of both him and Anakin.  Really nice figures.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 5, 2010, 01:20 PM »
This morning I noticed a new case of figures on top of the shelf above the pegs at TRU - it was marked Clone Wars Wave 4, Revision 2.

I searched everywhere I could think of online. but could not find any description of any such case assortment. EE has a Wave 4, Revision 1, but that is just figures like the ARF Trooper and Flamethrower Clone, which really are Wave 3, at least as referred to in this forum.

I'm guessing it probably is Wave 3 crap, since I can't see a Wave 4 revision case coming out before the original Wave 4 assortment. But who knows?

I could not reach it and the store was crazy busy, so I'll have to swing back later.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 5, 2010, 01:30 PM »
I had to climb the shelves yesterday to get the new vehicle assortment down. I looked like a thief standing there waiting forthe aisle to empty. Then I held the Xanadu Blood in my hands for a few minutes and left without buying anything anway.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #50 on: November 5, 2010, 01:30 PM »
EE has a Wave 4, Revision 1, but that is just figures like the ARF Trooper and Flamethrower Clone, which really are Wave 3, at least as referred to in this forum.

That is because Hasbro's Wave 1.5 was listed as Wave 2 at EE.   Example:

Hasbro Wave 1 = EE Wave 1
Hasbro Wave 1.5 = EE Wave 2
Hasbro Wave 2 = EE Wave 3
Hasbro Wave 3 = EE Wave 4
Hasbro Wave 4 = EE Wave 5
Hasbro Wave 5 = EE Wave 6
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 5, 2010, 02:25 PM »
Thanks Jeff, that makes sense.

It also seems to imply that if what Hasbro considers to be wave 4 = EE wave 5, then we're talking about the Embo wave.  (Cause the box was definitely marked Wave 4)

headed back there in about 2 hours...will confirm.

Ok, turned out to be just wave 3 crap as suspected. Flamethrower Clone, plus Ahsoka repack, etc.

Maybe next week~
« Last Edit: November 5, 2010, 07:15 PM by McMetal »

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 5, 2010, 10:19 PM »
I got Embo in the mail today, and he is easily the best figure in the line. Super articulation, great detail, two knives, a bowcaster that clips to his back, and a removable hat. Even fans of the realistic line might dig this figure. Embo rivals the best figures from the Legacy line and even the G.I. Joe line.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 9, 2010, 01:18 AM »
Bought Shaak Ti from this wave. The story how I got her is funny, really...

I had originally only bought Pre Viszla, because I saw him, and I've never seen him before in the wild. Other than that, there was also only the Ahsoka, Cad Bane, Odd Ball...etc. repack wave. I stumbled across a repack Asajj Ventress, and I wanted to buy her again, because I have the original blue/white-carded '08 release, and she can't hold her lightsabers AT ALL. It took me a while to finally decide I wouldn't spend the $6 (they were on sale) just for that tiny factor, and left the store.

Being that I was at the mall with lots of time to spare, I thought it over and finally decided to go back to buy it. When I walked in (about 20-30 minutes later), I found a fresh case of Wave 4, sans the astromech droid, on the shelves. There was only 1 case. I thought it was funny that Embo and the others had been untouched, but the astromech was gone. Either way, I immediately dumped the notion of buying another Asajj, and it took me at least 5 minutes to decide whether to get Shaak Ti or Embo. Eventually went with Shaak Ti, because I tend to lean towards Jedi characters. 
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 9, 2010, 09:20 AM »
Bought Shaak Ti from this wave. The story how I got her is funny, really...

Being that I was at the mall with lots of time to spare, I thought it over and finally decided to go back to buy it. When I walked in (about 20-30 minutes later), I found a fresh case of Wave 4, sans the astromech droid, on the shelves. There was only 1 case. I thought it was funny that Embo and the others had been untouched, but the astromech was gone. Either way, I immediately dumped the notion of buying another Asajj, and it took me at least 5 minutes to decide whether to get Shaak Ti or Embo. Eventually went with Shaak Ti, because I tend to lean towards Jedi characters. 

Awesome - some fortunate timing on your part!

So what store did you see these at and in what state? I'm on the hunt for these, but I am trying to be judicious with my runs.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2010, 01:43 AM »
Thank you! I'm in good 'ol California, and I happened to be at a mall in South San Francisco. Honestly, it was really an accident that I ran into these. It's funny to think that I would have missed out entirely had I not returned half an hour later. I'm guessing this wave will be in full force by next month.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2010, 02:51 AM »
Today I passed by the Target where I had scored Shaak Ti from this wave a day or two ago. As I expected, they were gone. When I had seen them, they had been placed visibly in the endcap, in the first place. All that was left was the first 3 waves of the line.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2010, 08:49 PM »
Back in stock now at HTS, except for the Mandalorian Warrior.

Still torn whether to bite the bullet and order these...projected shipping is not until 12/06 according to Hasbro's website. I am positive I could find these before then, but then again that date could be completely false. Maybe they would ship tomorrow.

ugh, decisions decisions...

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2010, 08:53 AM »
If you order over $50 of stuff do it - then shipping is free.  If not wait.   :)

thats what would be the deciding factor for me at least.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2010, 09:07 AM »
If you order over $50 of stuff do it - then shipping is free.  If not wait.   :)

thats what would be the deciding factor for me at least.

Yeah, even with tax, etc it still comes to less than $50 for the 5 new figures in this wave.  :(

For me it's all about the timing. I want these things ASAP so I can stop frequenting Walmart, Target, etc. It's starting to get crazy in those places. If those are really not shipping from hasbro until 12/6 that is too late because I am sure I can find them before then at a brick and mortar.

I read this morning on JTA that the Embo wave has now been spotted at a Walmart in GA, so that is VERY encouraging. I guess it is back to saturation runs every day until I crush this wave. I need at least 2 Embos and Shaak Ti's alone!